Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 08:29 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
Yeah, what factors? We are all "ears" and this is the relationship forum after all.......
I did start a couple of threads about it, but in short, a history of anxiety issues, low self-confidence and the fact I don't seem to have much success. I've tried internet dating but after not having much success I don't do that much. Whenever I try going out and meeting women I just feel hopelessly out of place. When I talk to a gal they don't seem interested in me at all. I haven't really tried all that much, though, so I should keep trying and trying to be more confident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 09:45 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
They are all about relationships, and there are plenty of psychological elements discussed here, even if it is just about why some men prefer a size 11 for to a 6.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:52 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Most of the threads here seem to concern the 'law of attraction' and silly kind of questions you'd ask one of those corny 'dating gurus'. I don't notice many threads on actual RELATIONships, you know, people relating with each other, and the psychology behind it. It seems to mostly concern superficial characteristics like height or something like that which has to do with maybe establishing a romantic relationship but doesn't concern the day to day relations with a spouse, lover, friend etc. I started a thread on humour and this apparently wasn't on topic, yet a woman's shoe size has a direct bearing on the art of relating between people?
Your observation is correct. I think it's because many of us come here for fun only, for the most part. New members are somewhat inclined to write more serious posts; many of the oldies don't care for it anymore. As for me, I do read on such topics, but don't feel like spending time writing about it. However, you're welcome to post threads about deeper issues. Somebody will always be interested.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:05 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,584,462 times
Because people who have problems with relationships who want to do something about it will go looking for answers somewhere, and this forum is just the kind of place they'll find.

The people who are happily in a relationship do not need this place, and thus few of those will search for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
Yeah, what factors? We are all "ears" and this is the relationship forum after all.......
Qualities that attractive members of the opposite sex search for.

Look at any of the guys here who have trouble finding dates; we're all just normal guys, and the problem is we never get seen as anything more than just that; a plain dude. Problem is not that we're all one "plain guy stereotype"(or maybe that's exactly what we are depending on how you see it) the problem is not projecting our defining qualities to the outside world. By defining qualities I mean what makes us different from "the crowd".

Old 05-02-2011, 10:10 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
I think the more attractive posts are the ones about how to GET or CREATE a balanced/sustainable relationship.

Those of us who are already blissfully happy in our relationships can't really post anything controversial or particularly interesting. Things that work are boring. You don't hear news broadcasts about how everything is ok.

Everyone is into the chase. Or most that post don't have healthy, functional relationships (or they wouldn't be on here discussing whether or not you should marry a man with 10 kids from a previous relationship).

Old 05-02-2011, 10:18 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,584,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I think the more attractive posts are the ones about how to GET or CREATE a balanced/sustainable relationship.

Those of us who are already blissfully happy in our relationships can't really post anything controversial or particularly interesting. Things that work are boring. You don't hear news broadcasts about how everything is ok.

Everyone is into the chase. Or most that post don't have healthy, functional relationships (or they wouldn't be on here discussing whether or not you should marry a man with 10 kids from a previous relationship).
Exactly; there is no point in making a thread that says "Everything's workin' for me, isn't life wonderful?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships