Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 02:09 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,277 times

Advertisements

It's no different than men who are frustrated and respond by throwing women under the bus.

Just write them off and pay no mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 02:25 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,640,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Is it really to do with the quality of the men out there or are they simply too picky, holding out for something which does not exist or is so rare in real life? Their criteria often sounds simple enough: someone caring, kind, funny, smart blah blah, these traits aren't exactly rare, yet women complain they can't find Mr. Right or even get a decent date. Fellas, doesn't that annoy you somewhat? They complain because out of the dozens of suitors none meets their lofty standards (or rather, they ***** and moan about the last three when they knew they were getting themselves into ) while a lot of guys can't even find a woman to be abusive to him? lol
People love to complain about what's out there. That's easier than looking in the mirror and asking if the problem resides with them. What's also true is that many people are afraid to settle. They feel like they're just as deserving as the next person and that if they settle, people will think less of them and worse, someone better may come along and they'll have missed out. Of course, this doesn't stop people from just cheating. But I think some people would rather hold out for Mr. or Mrs. Perfect than come back down to Earth. I don't find it annoying when women complain about their being no good men left. I just roll my eyes when I see them setting the bar a little too high.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:45 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,189,775 times
Quote:
Is it really to do with the quality of the men out there or are they simply too picky, holding out for something which does not exist or is so rare in real life? Their criteria often sounds simple enough: someone caring, kind, funny, smart blah blah, these traits aren't exactly rare, yet women complain they can't find Mr. Right or even get a decent date. Fellas, doesn't that annoy you somewhat? They complain because out of the dozens of suitors none meets their lofty standards (or rather, they ***** and moan about the last three when they knew they were getting themselves into ) while a lot of guys can't even find a woman to be abusive to him? lol

Or maybe the other answer, that what you see on TV isn't a real reflection on real life, and is full of women who think they don't really need men, yet constantly whine and complain that they can't find that special someone.
Trying to figure out the "why" is how the drama continues.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:14 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times
I think men and women find more to complain about when they settle, when they DON'T hold out for the qualities that really matter to them. I think the mindset of lowering expectations can be just as detrimental as it can be unreasonable, for some people.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:16 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,409,867 times
I find plenty of good men out there. one that I'm compatible with and have the hots for in any way at all? nope, no luck. I just know something needs to change, but I don't have the energy right now to figure that out, lol.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:22 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
I find plenty of good men out there.
Where? On trips out of town?

Old 05-02-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Where? On trips out of town?
pretty much!! or they're not from here, or leaving hahahah..should I import them?

Old 05-02-2011, 09:24 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,107,503 times
Quote:
Fellas, doesn't that annoy you somewhat?
Not in the least.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:25 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
pretty much!! or they're not from here, or leaving hahahah..should I import them?
That's kind of what I did.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
That's kind of what I did.
Well hey, lookey here! we just figured out a solution!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships