Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 12:22 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I am firmly seated in reality thank you very much.

I don't care if they act like a bunch of rednecks shooting guns or run around naked flicking rubber bands at one another's butts. It is their home and they pay the bills. Adults can do what they like in the comfort of their castle. If the OP didn't like it he was always free to leave and study somewhere else.

The very fact I have to explain this simply concept shows how truly crazy people have become.
Ahh, what a visual I had there! hahaha made my day. Anyway, agree with Djuna. It's their house period. Gf and him should have found another place to study.

If you were over there studying and eating there all the time in the 4 years, I can understand after awhile them acting like that. They wanted their freaking house back from you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 12:22 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Ok, let's drop the hyperbole and come back to reality shall we? You act like this kid was demanding they lock themselves in their room and play checkers or something.

I don't know how you do things, but I was raised to not have shouting matches in front of company. No matter which way you slice it, that's trailer trash quality right there. And telling his own wife to essentially go **** herself when she asks him to turn down the TV? Pretty much proves that not only was it louder than any reasonable person would need it but also that he has about zero respect for his own family. Seriously, I can't see defending that.

Awesome. They have the right to act like backwood hicks and be inconsiderate pricks (hey, that rhymes) in their own home. I don't see where anyone has disputed that or tried to dictate to them how they live in their home, but it sure as hell doesn't mean it's right or proper, or that he isn't a little justified in being pissed off about it. The venom being fired this kid's way is seriously about to reach retarded levels.

Personally if I was the OP I wouldn't let them get near this. Not because I held a grudge, but because I'd be worried the goddamn Beverly Hillbillies would decide to have another hoe down in the middle of my party.

What someone else does in their own home is none of your business, no matter how "right or proper" you think their behavior is

This kid has an entitlement mentality and someone forgot to tell him the world does not revolve around him.

He needs to understand that until he works hard enough to buy his own house he has no right to make any house rules, especially in anyone elses home.

We are doing him a favor by clueing him in.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
What someone else does in their own home is none of your business, no matter how "right or proper" you think their behavior is

This kid has an entitlement mentality and someone forgot to tell him the world does not revolve around him.

He needs to understand that until he works hard enough to buy his own house he has no right to make any house rules in anyone elses home.

We are doing him a favor by clueing him in.
Do you think he'll understand what we're saying? NO. Do I think he'll kick his gf and her parents to the curb after feeding him and letting him come to their house the last four years? YES.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:36 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I am firmly seated in reality thank you very much.

I don't care if they act like a bunch of rednecks shooting guns or run around naked flicking rubber bands at one another's butts. It is their home and they pay the bills. Adults can do what they like in the comfort of their castle. If the OP didn't like it he was always free to leave and study somewhere else.

The very fact I have to explain this simply concept shows how truly crazy people have become.
No, you are most definitely not seated in reality, and I'm really wondering just how ****ing dense you could be. I could understand your point of view if this kid was trying to impose his will on someone in their own home, but that is NOT the case as far as we know. The kid is simply pissed off that her family (again, father mainly) couldn't be bothered to show him even some basic consideration and is now questioning whether they should be involved in his day of celebration after four years of hard work.

Seriously, where the **** has this kid behaved wrongly? It's simply not there.

And the OP didn't mention it, but what about their daughter? If she is going to school then she was/is suffering from this as well and she's family. Gonna be so quick to defend them now?

Old 05-03-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
No, you are most definitely not seated in reality, and I'm really wondering just how ****ing dense you could be. I could understand your point of view if this kid was trying to impose his will on someone in their own home, but that is NOT the case as far as we know. The kid is simply pissed off that her family (again, father mainly) couldn't be bothered to show him even some basic consideration and is now questioning whether they should be involved on the his day of celebration after four years of hard work.

Seriously, where the **** has this kid behaved wrongly? It's simply not there.
And you are certainly not seeing reality. HE was in THEIR home not the other way around. They can do whatever they want in THEIR home. It would be a totally different answer if THEY came to HIS house and did that while visiting him and his gf.

Were they inconsiderate of his needing quiet time to study? YES. BUT how much time did he go over there while he studied for 4 years? How much did he eat of their food and drink while he was studying in their home?

There's two sides to each story and we're only hearing his side.

Until he comes back to clarify some aspects of his relationship with them and how often he went to their home, we can only speculate.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:41 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Sounds like there is trouble in paradise in any case. //www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ationship.html

Old 05-03-2011, 12:48 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,743,388 times
LOL I was just reading that...I get the impression that he thinks he is better than everyone else. Doesn't seem to have issues with the parents there...she does this she does that and the impression he is perfect.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:54 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
And you are certainly not seeing reality. HE was in THEIR home not the other way around. They can do whatever they want in THEIR home. It would be a totally different answer if THEY came to HIS house and did that while visiting him and his gf.
Why the **** do you keep arguing this? No one is contesting the matter. People are jumping all over this kid because he's pissed off that her parents were being inconsiderate (another point not in debate).

Jesus H. Christ people.

Quote:
Were they inconsiderate of his needing quiet time to study? YES. BUT how much time did he go over there while he studied for 4 years? How much did he eat of their food and drink while he was studying in their home?

There's two sides to each story and we're only hearing his side.

Until he comes back to clarify some aspects of his relationship with them and how often he went to their home, we can only speculate.
Oh and now you want clarification right? That didn't stop you from making assumptions before, so why stop now?

Old 05-03-2011, 12:57 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
OP-- in that thread, you posted (on 3-21) that you intended to break up with your controlling, abusive, dog-kicking, needy girlfriend. What happened to that plan?

Old 05-03-2011, 01:02 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
OP-- in that thread, you posted (on 3-21) that you intended to break up with your controlling, abusive, dog-kicking, needy girlfriend. What happened to that plan?
this is the same guy???........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships