Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 02:58 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
The "you complete me" thing, especially coming from a man, reeks of desperation.
That's OK. I love desperate men - as long as their looks and finances are not desperate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2011, 12:35 AM

369 posts, read 617,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
yeah you can't really date and go out looking for women when you are secretly angry with all of them
I guess you didn't read where I said that I'm not.

Old 05-07-2011, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Oh my God, Walt. Maybe you just need to step back from the dating scene for a little bit. I am serious about this.
You mean that I should step away from the truth and wait until I can lie to myself again?

Old 05-07-2011, 01:49 AM

1,589 posts, read 2,681,324 times
You don't need to be attractive in the eyes of all women or even most women. You only need to be attractive in the eyes of one woman.

Life is meant to be enjoyed. Put your best foot forward and don't waste your time worrying about how people (whom you don't even like) perceive you.

Old 05-07-2011, 06:09 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,310,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltHowe View Post
What I notice is that a lot of single women initially feel very guilty when I tell them what their superficial pickiness has wrought on certain people. I tell them the whole story, I walk them through it piece by piece and believe me that there is guilt maybe 85% of the time when I show them how their foolishness negatively affects the GOOD men who they claim to be looking for.

The guilt shows on their faces, their vocal tones, their body language, sometimes they blush and they almost always sound and look repentant.

Then the "anger defense" kicks in. Every! single! time! They must have to protect themselves from the realizations, protect their superegos from feeling the awareness so they come up with.........................

"Well what can you expect? Its the anger which scares women away.........."

No. These men didn't start off angry. No they didn't even leave the house angry today! No, these men started out with high hopes. They didn't want quick sex and goodbye either, they want to find mates. No, they come across as nice guys, not as angry people except when they are fed up and then they speak of their pain of constantly being rejected.

The anger comes after the rejection but its anger which as always is there only to protect from any more pain.
What is this post? YOU point out to women what they have done wrong, and they feel guilty? This guilt shows in their faces? It might be something else showing in their faces and vocal tones. It might just be fear. This post is scary. Do you believe women should go out with any one who shows interest in them just to keep that guy from feeling rejected? Have you done that in your life? Why do you feel you have to right to point out anything to women? Wow, it is a good thing that you and I have never met, because I would not stand there and let you tell me how my rejection has hurt men.

Old 05-07-2011, 06:56 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
However, though you were trying to be clever, a man probably isn't comparing himself to women when he says he still looks pretty good.
Agreed. That's a really weird thing to say and think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Don't sell these gals short. For Tuesday night sex, on short notice, in a pinch, they could be in his league.
Same as above. That's another weird thing to say/think. It's up there in freak category. And yes, women can sense that a mile a way. Men can sense it too.

Moderator cut: No personal attacks, please.

Quote:
What I notice is that a lot of single women initially feel very guilty when I tell them what their superficial pickiness has wrought on certain people.
Um, that's probably not guilt, but actual fear. I've met men that do that and it's a bit scary.

Last edited by JustJulia; 05-08-2011 at 07:07 AM.. Reason: Deleted personal attacks.

Old 05-07-2011, 08:03 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times
Quote:
I guess you didn't read where I said that I'm not.
You posts strongly suggest that you are.

Quote:
You mean that I should step away from the truth and wait until I can lie to myself again?
No, she means you should take a break until you've learned to stop hating women.

Old 05-07-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
What is this post? YOU point out to women what they have done wrong, and they feel guilty? This guilt shows in their faces? It might be something else showing in their faces and vocal tones. It might just be fear. This post is scary. Do you believe women should go out with any one who shows interest in them just to keep that guy from feeling rejected? Have you done that in your life? Why do you feel you have to right to point out anything to women? Wow, it is a good thing that you and I have never met, because I would not stand there and let you tell me how my rejection has hurt men.
I keep saying that women should give men a chance and let the chemistry grow instead of looking for reasons to reject within the first five minutes of a pre date first meeting.

Where do you get anything else from my posted statements? Why do you break down my actual words and change my actual words into some simplified concept so that you can attack what I didn't say or mean? Do you feel guilty about the good men you rejected in your life? Do you feel like you cheated yourself when you picked a no good bad boy instead? Do you block your guilt feelings by re-wording posts which you know are telling you the hard truth?

Old 05-07-2011, 12:36 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
I keep saying that women should give men a chance and let the chemistry grow instead of looking for reasons to reject within the first five minutes of a pre date first meeting.

Where do you get anything else from my posted statements? Why do you break down my actual words and change my actual words into some simplified concept so that you can attack what I didn't say or mean? Do you feel guilty about the good men you rejected in your life? Do you feel like you cheated yourself when you picked a no good bad boy instead? Do you block your guilt feelings by re-wording posts which you know are telling you the hard truth?
I see what she's saying as well. It has nothing to do with guilt. It's simply not your business to tell anyone what they should do, who they should date, and how they should feel. Maybe you're just young and need to grow up a bit, but your approach is controlling and that will never fly with most people.

Old 05-07-2011, 12:50 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,310,183 times
Quote:

I didn't reword your post; I quoted it word for word. You do sound angry. I can't imagine anyone feeling they have a right to try to make someone feel guilty about who they choose to date. It is ridiculous that you would think you have that right. And no, I don't feel guilty about ever turning someone down for a date. I have never been mean to anyone about it, and it is my right to choose to date whoever I want. Some angry man that tries to tell me it is my fault that men are down on themselves would not stand a chance with me or any woman I know. Obviously those of us in a relationship have give a man a chance, or we wouldn't be in one would we? Also, I am not dating a bad boy, just a man who likes women and is not angry at the gender.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships