Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 01:35 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,981,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
What is this post? YOU point out to women what they have done wrong, and they feel guilty? This guilt shows in their faces? It might be something else showing in their faces and vocal tones. It might just be fear. This post is scary. Do you believe women should go out with any one who shows interest in them just to keep that guy from feeling rejected? Have you done that in your life? Why do you feel you have to right to point out anything to women? Wow, it is a good thing that you and I have never met, because I would not stand there and let you tell me how my rejection has hurt men.
THIS. I would be very afraid of someone who seemed so loosely glued together, going off on me for having preferences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2011, 04:31 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,635,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltHowe View Post
I keep saying that women should give men a chance and let the chemistry grow instead of looking for reasons to reject within the first five minutes of a pre date first meeting.

Where do you get anything else from my posted statements? Why do you break down my actual words and change my actual words into some simplified concept so that you can attack what I didn't say or mean? Do you feel guilty about the good men you rejected in your life? Do you feel like you cheated yourself when you picked a no good bad boy instead? Do you block your guilt feelings by re-wording posts which you know are telling you the hard truth?
I find it hilarious that you accuse others of blocking their feelings of guilt by rewording your posts. No one is rewording anything or changing the meaning of your words. It sounds like you're just unable to deal with people who disagree with you. And you wonder why people are concluding that you're angry at women.

Old 05-08-2011, 06:54 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,680,133 times
Folks, please try to discuss the topic and avoid getting too personal with one another. Some of the comments are crossing the line, and I'd like to keep the thread open if possible.

Last edited by JustJulia; 05-08-2011 at 07:10 AM..

Old 05-08-2011, 10:34 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,771,833 times
I think it's torn down the middle. Plenty of folks out there from both genders who misrepresent themselves or must be looking at themselves in carnival mirrors each morning because they are obviously seeing something different than the rest of the world.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:40 AM

1,487 posts, read 1,706,546 times
Probably most women will say men and most men will say women. Now that the generalizing is over, all I can say is that i'm a man and I don't peer into the mirror and see any greek god...a beer gutted buffoon, maybe.

Old 05-08-2011, 11:10 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times
I think the main thing is that a woman looks in the mirror - and even if she thinks she looks good - she sees a million things she wishes she could change about her appearance. A man looks in the mirror and makes sure his fly is zipped. This is perhaps not applicable to all men - but this is applicable to the majority of the men that I know! They might not think they are a Greek god - they just don't really care. Most of the women that I know - even if they know they are attractive - are still unhappy with many, many things about how they look. The guys just don't care.
I don't know anyone in my real life that seems to really overrate their appearance so I can't speak for those that do.

Old 05-08-2011, 12:12 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,725,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
On average who do you think overrates their own physical appearance more, women or men ?
Women, easily. Women's fashion is ever-changing because eventually, women who think they're sexy but aren't get a hold of the sexy clothes and ruin it all. Remember skorts? They didn't work if a woman's legs were too large, yet they started making plus-sized skorts anyway. Now you have hip-hugger jeans which accentuate the hips of sexy women, and the jelly rolls of women who think they're sexy but aren't.

And speaking of women who think they're sexy, the desire to be sexy at all costs is not sexy. For example, if you're wearing a pair of pants that are so tight or low-cut on you that you have to play air hockey with one arm behind your back to hold the waistband up so you're not flashing the top of your ass crack to God and everybody (can you tell I saw this happen recently?), then it's time for you to worry less about form and more about function when it comes to buying clothes.

You know why men's fashion is much more static than women's fashion? Because men buy clothes that fit them, even the ugly ones. I could lose a few pounds, but at least my clothes fit me properly.

Old 05-08-2011, 02:41 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,181,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
You know why men's fashion is much more static than women's fashion? Because men buy clothes that fit them, even the ugly ones. I could lose a few pounds, but at least my clothes fit me properly.
I'm guessing you don't get out much. Mens styles are pretty diverse depending on the scene/culture. And no, it's not all loose fitting khakis with a tummy hanging over the crotch. I mean, the whole ass hanging out of the pants with boxers showing is all guy and it's been around for some time now.

ahh, for example...that's boy bootie lol

Old 05-08-2011, 02:55 PM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I'm guessing you don't get out much. Mens styles are pretty diverse depending on the scene/culture. And no, it's not all loose fitting khakis with a tummy hanging over the crotch. I mean, the whole ass hanging out of the pants with boxers showing is all guy and it's been around for some time now.

ahh, for example...that's boy bootie lol
I sound like an old man probably, but I just for the life of me CAN'T UNDERSTAND why guys dress like this.

They look like complete morons. This kid was hobbling through an intersection, he almost couldn't make it across the street in time.

I wanted to yell out PULL UP YOUR DAMN PANTS YOU IDIOT.

Old 05-08-2011, 03:04 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,181,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I sound like an old man probably, but I just for the life of me CAN'T UNDERSTAND why guys dress like this.

They look like complete morons. This kid was hobbling through an intersection, he almost couldn't make it across the street in time.

I wanted to yell out PULL UP YOUR DAMN PANTS YOU IDIOT.
I always have the urge to pull them all the way down , but I don't want to get slapped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships