Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 01:27 PM

220 posts, read 595,474 times

Advertisements

He wants to play the field and see what else is out there. I suggest that you do the same thing and stop trying to hold on to this relationship.
Aquariuses like to be free, but they also value friendship. If you cannot truely be platonic friends with him, then you should just let it go completely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 01:30 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That is not something only young women do or only now...

I don't know, the 16 to 25 year old crowd seems most guilty of just giving themselves away if you ask me.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:58 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I don't know, the 16 to 25 year old crowd seems most guilty of just giving themselves away if you ask me.
Just google "have sex with an ex"! You can add "ex-husband," too.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:06 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,095 times
To the OP, there's really no point in being "just friends" IMO both of you are lying to yourselves and each other

do you really want to be "just friends"... no you don't, and you're lying
he is too

he might say "no sex" but he'll be hard up soon enough and a warm young body beside him, who listens, walks his dog with him on a cold night

yeah, he's going to hit that

even if he is an Aquarius
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
It just kills me to see young women giving themselves away like this and to have no standards, no expectations, no understanding of how much more they deserve
It doesn't appear that they truly want more.

It's not a matter of deserve

Old 05-04-2011, 02:32 PM

11 posts, read 50,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
I dont think he it outright playing you, he was honest and told you he doesnt want a relationship.

I agree break all contact and move on though, stop initiating anything until if and when he decides he wants a relationship with you and then proves it by his actions.
I honestly believe what he says.. I know him better than any1, well apart from his parents.

I agree with the whole no contact, it is hard to say and do as he was a big part of my life and there hasnt been a week or so where we havnt talked. But im going to try my hardest and im not going to initiate contact at all and live my life.

LovesMountains - I dont give myself away, yes I may be young, 23 exact! But im quite an honest, loyal, safe girl. Its just very hard and I admit im trying to keep connections with him.

If he ever wants me, he will come back and yes It will be on my terms... If its meant to be its meant to be, right?

Im just scared :-(...

P.s Isnt it best to stay friends with an aquarian though? Also if he wasnt interested at all he would of been long gone...

Old 05-04-2011, 02:34 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,927,376 times
I think you being friends with him is keeping you from moving on. You allready know that the relationship is over and there is no likelihood of success together.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:53 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbexy87x View Post
I honestly believe what he says.. I know him better than any1, well apart from his parents.

I agree with the whole no contact, it is hard to say and do as he was a big part of my life and there hasnt been a week or so where we havnt talked. But im going to try my hardest and im not going to initiate contact at all and live my life.

LovesMountains - I dont give myself away, yes I may be young, 23 exact! But im quite an honest, loyal, safe girl. Its just very hard and I admit im trying to keep connections with him.

If he ever wants me, he will come back and yes It will be on my terms... If its meant to be its meant to be, right?

Im just scared :-(...

P.s Isnt it best to stay friends with an aquarian though? Also if he wasnt interested at all he would of been long gone...

I understand how scary it is , especially since you've been together a few years.

But he's been pretty clear with you, it's over for him.

When someone is not feeling it anymore they are just not feeling it - and nothing you can do will change that, because it's not about you or anything you've done "wrong".

Trying to "keep connections with him" in the hopes he'll come back to you is just not emotionally healthy or prudent. As sad as I know this breakup makes you, you have to hear what he is telling you and let him go.

I've always told my kids to look at it this way - when you quit holding on to something that is so obviously not meant to be yours, you free yourself up to be available when the person who IS meant to be yours comes along.

Old 05-04-2011, 03:22 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,091,544 times
Quote:
Hey guys im new here and would just like some advice really.
This might be a long post but its not a drag I promise and I appreciate any advice given :-)

Basically my ex broke up with me after nearly 2 years because he didnt want a relationship anymore, wanted to be single and do his own thing.

Now 4 months has passed and nothing has changed. We still talk, meet up, have sex, act like nothing has changed as he still calls me my nickname and leaves me kisses but he now doesnt think we should sleep with each other or meet up as much it will be hard. (Btw I have always initiated the sex and meeting up, not him) So I told him that I cant conintue to be friends with him as its too hard and I want more, its now my time to move on with my life.

So we spent our last night with each other and it was so nice, the next day when we left I got upset and he had tears in his eyes too and he told me to go as he didnt want me to see his was upset.
I was doing well and didnt contact him for about 4 days when he txtd me with 'its hard to not think of you and pretend you dont exist :-/' I didnt respond and thought I can do this and go NC...

A few days after this I got quite drunk and you guessed it I broke the No Contact and txtd him etc, I told him my feelings and what I thought and that I needed to know his feelings as I feel like just another one of his ex's he throws away and forgets. We met up and he told me he cares for me, still has feelings but just right now he doesnt want a relationship, doesnt want girls company and do his own thing. If he could he would just start seeing me again but he just doesnt want that commitment right now. He wants to continue being friends and email each other and meet up to take his dog for a walk etc.
I told him I wasnt sure as I was scared that 1. I wouldnt be able to move on properly and 2. he tells me he has met some1 so we cant talk anymore. That would be heartbreaking!

Anyway I sent him his txt after we met up: 'Thankyou for telling me what you did and your feelings. Honestly that is all I wanted. I really understand that you dont want a relationship but I just hope either you'd realise you cant not have me in your life and can't stand seeing me with another guy so you want me there or we start talking and seeing each other again and you decide you want me back. This is just how im feeling now :-/ and I just hope one day we re togther again as I feel you are the one for me xxxx'

He replied with this: 'Well if im honest, all that you hope for is true. Cuz like right now, if ever I wanted a relationship, I cant deny it would be you. You is pretty, adventurous, not a slag, decent job and I know you would be a good mother. And I also dont want you completely out of my life either :-) xxxx P.s would you miss my txts?'

Soo.. That was the nicest thing he has said to me in a while. He may be telling the truth but I just dont want him saying this just to keep me there so I dont go off with another guy and then him come back when he has had his fun.

I also dont know whether to keep with the emailing...

I want him back I really do but is no contacting him the best way to see if he actually starts missing me and realising he cant have the best of both worlds or continue as friends so we dont ever lose contact?

He really HASNT experienced he break up as I am still here and has had the benefits of a relationship.

Sorry this is so long. I do appreciate good advice and feedback, it will help alot!!!
Many Thanks
Becky.

Ok here is the best advice your going to get and it may be direct.
Leave him...He don't want you...he moved on.
Acting needy towards a man who don't want you is ridicules
Stop playing the victim and move on.
Dont text him..lose his number
Dont email him
Dont meet him anywhere anytime for anything
Stop all contact him with him..NOW..not a second later.

Old 05-04-2011, 03:26 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
Ok here is the best advice your going to get and it may be direct.
Leave him...He don't want you...he moved on.
Acting needy towards a man who don't want you is ridicules
Stop playing the victim and move on.
Dont text him..lose his number
Dont email him
Dont meet him anywhere anytime for anything
Stop all contact him with him..NOW..not a second later.
Yeah, that's what needs to be done if she hopes for reconciliation, too. However it works out, it's for the best.

Old 05-04-2011, 04:26 PM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
Quote:

If he ever wants me, he will come back and yes It will be on my terms...

No it won't. lol. It will be on his terms, and looks like it already is!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships