Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 04:39 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by springazure View Post
When I 1st meet a guy, I like to ask them the almighty fantasy question, What would you do if you hit the Lotto? This question isn't just about getting rich from a gas station ticket. It could also mean inheriting from that rich Uncle that never got married.

All those Stats claim that money is often a prime cause of divorce. So I figure the "get rich quick" question is about money, therefore I tend to use that as a indicator of our compatibility.

For example, both people would answer... Travel the World. It's safe to say, they have compatible desires/goals.

The problem is... I'm an "odd duck". I hear these guys chime on about owning a collection of cars, and other misc high priced toys, travel, a McMansion... and I just cringe. To say we are polar opposites is an understatement.

Would you consider the almighty fantasy question of "What would you do if you won the Lotto?" to be an indicator of compatibility? (If so.... I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life LOL)
I'd give it all away. I don't like money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 04:47 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
I think asking this question definitely may shed some light about a person, just some light...because dreaming about winning a lotto has nothing to do with how the person will actually end up spending the money. However, it may make for a interesting and fun discussion.
My answer would be: a) Travel the World (yeah, sounds like a cliche, but I just love traveling), b)Put money aside for my child's education and retirement, c) go back to work.

Old 05-04-2011, 04:54 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
c) go back to work.
If it's enough to last you a lifetime...?

Old 05-04-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
If it's enough to last you a lifetime...?
I would probably not go back to my old boring job, I would either have my own fashion line or start my own entertainment company with my own face-painters. Either way, I would want to eventually start making money again....or, eh, who knows what I would do.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:00 PM

515 posts, read 716,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
If I won big I'd buy the presidency, not show up to the inaguration, then tell America I'll see ya in 4 years and take off to my private island and chase middle age woman around. So it would basically be like the Clinton years The country will do great!!
Don't forget to buy cigars!

Old 05-04-2011, 05:04 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times
It could be ONE indicator of compatibility, but it should not be the only indicator. On the lotto question, I am admittedly torn. Part of me would like the guy to answer, "Spoil you with the money" The sensible sane part of me would like to start a battered women's shelter in the inner city and a large student mentoring foundation. I would also like to visit Italy.

Point of fact, my one-time boss actually won a huge state lottery, and he said he couldn't sleep from the nightmares he had that he would squander it or use in some irresponsible way. When I heard that, I thought: "The right person won the lotto prize; someone who considers wealth a grave moral responsibility is certainly rare".

Old 05-04-2011, 05:05 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,995,442 times
I would definitely get my passport and travel!!! I would also pay off my student loans, store some money aside in a bank account or in a CD or something like that, and pick up at trade like woodworking or making pottery.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:07 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
....or, eh, who knows what I would do.
Thank you.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Thank you.
Well, as I mentioned in my original reply, dreaming about winning a lotto doesn't have much to do with what we will actually end up doing with money...however, if someone asked me this question on a date, I would just have to come up with something more exciting than..."gee...ummm....I dunno..." I would come up with an ideal at that moment scenario.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:14 PM

859 posts, read 2,828,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I'd buy me a three bedroom house with a huge backyard and in it I would build a 1/4 mile drag strip to invite my friends over.

Mr Cat.. When is the first round of qualifying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships