Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 11:48 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
It'd be even funnier if she is in the middle of riding the camel and screams out ALLAH AKBAR before arriving at her "destination".
"Oh!" Praise be to Allah! I have never ridden such a large camel!!!!!!!!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 11:54 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
"Oh!" Praise be to Allah! I have never ridden such a large camel!!!!!!!!"
"It may look like a camel right now Ms. Shallalbad. But if this ride dont end soon its gonna be an IED!"

Old 05-05-2011, 12:01 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Ok, Ive pretty much dated within every race/ethnic/religion group out there so I'm not uptight about seeing someone from another culture and I actually welcome it. My conditions for seeing someone have always been that they must be Attractive/Clean/Nice, not a whole lot else and I'm not looking for sex which is always on peoples mind here. I have dated middle eastern woman who were Jewish/Christian and Agnostic, just no Muslims. This gal doesn't wear a Burqa or anything and doesn't look that much different than any other Middle Eastern girl. She is younger than most woman I ask out but not by much.

Any men or woman out there with this experience? It's not like were going to have children thats she's going to take back to Iran. There were a couple of Iranian (they said Persian) girls that I would have dated in college but they were only seeing "Persian Guys"
I would say that if she does not cover her head and dates "outside of her religion" she isn't much of a Muslim - so the question is kind of moot.

If it were *me*, I'd approach her father first and ask his permission to date her. You would definitely win some points for that one. Assuming that he does not forbid it, which he very well could (and likely should).

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-05-2011, 12:50 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I would say that if she does not cover her head and dates "outside of her religion" she isn't much of a Muslim - so the question is kind of moot.

If it were *me*, I'd approach her father first and ask his permission to date her. You would definitely win some points for that one. Assuming that he does not forbid it, which he very well could (and likely should).

20yrsinBranson
Ahh, thats like saying most people here arent much of Christians. I'm sure every body worships in there own way in all religions.

I'm not going to marry her, I'm just asking her out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
It'd be even funnier if she is in the middle of riding the camel and screams out ALLAH AKBAR before arriving at her "destination".
Ive heard a lot of things, but that would be a first!

Old 05-05-2011, 01:26 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
Be respectful. I would take great note of how religious her family seems to be, especially the males.

If your relationship gets to the point where you will probably have sex, know that some Muslim families take that very seriously.

Old 05-05-2011, 01:28 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
If you're so uncomfortable or uncertain that you have to ask on an internet site, maybe you should just forget about it.

Old 05-05-2011, 01:29 PM

950 posts, read 1,515,264 times
A Muslim woman dating a non Muslim man is very rare. Especially since Muslim women are taught by their parents to only date Muslim men. However it's different with Muslim men, they can date who ever they want because Islam is a culture that gives much more freedom to men than it does to women. Not only can Muslim men date who ever they want, they can dress in Western clothes all day everyday and not get criticized for it.

Old 05-05-2011, 01:33 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Her family could be on a federal watch list. They could also be fundamentalists who want to suck you into their cult.

Quote:
Ok, Ive pretty much dated within every race/ethnic/religion group out there so I'm not uptight about seeing someone from another culture and I actually welcome it. My conditions for seeing someone have always been that they must be Attractive/Clean/Nice, not a whole lot else and I'm not looking for sex which is always on peoples mind here. I have dated middle eastern woman who were Jewish/Christian and Agnostic, just no Muslims. This gal doesn't wear a Burqa or anything and doesn't look that much different than any other Middle Eastern girl. She is younger than most woman I ask out but not by much.

Any men or woman out there with this experience? It's not like were going to have children thats she's going to take back to Iran. There were a couple of Iranian (they said Persian) girls that I would have dated in college but they were only seeing "Persian Guys"

Old 05-05-2011, 02:09 PM

1,549 posts, read 4,257,511 times
Quote:
Kind of interesting you brought that up. A couple of the more serious relationships I was in the woman indicated that they would have no problems switching to my relgion if we got married. I took that as odd. I think this is the way it has been through history, with the woman taking on the mans religion and name. Ive always been somewhat confused by someone who would give up their faith for marriage. Since then Ive become Agnostic. I really don't feel that organized religion should be controlling my life, Any religion!

Query, Did you convert and is he imposing his religion on you? Also, when you have kids are you going to raise then Muslim?
My bf's sister grew up Muslim and she married a Christian man and converted to his religion.

Old 05-05-2011, 02:14 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Juan, I think you're putting the cart ahead of the horse here. She hasn't even accepted your offer for a date yet. Why not start by just asking her out? Don't make things more complicated than they need to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships