Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 12:19 PM

752 posts, read 2,086,207 times

Advertisements

My finace is hypersensitive to the nth degree. I mean that seriously. I've been told in the past that I tend to stick my foot in my mouth, but Ive spent a lot of time working on that and think I have improved. Here is the scenario:

He calls me around 5 oclock in the afternoon...May 4th
Asks me if I got his call around 3:05 pm yesterday.
I say that I didn't or that I just didn't hear the phone ring.

Me: OK, let me just check my phone a minute.
Him: Why would I lie to you about something like that?
Me: I didn;t say you lied. Im just saying I didn't hear the phone ring. Of course I was kind of caught up with stuff to do, and just missed the phone or was out of the room at the time.

He comes in about 7:30 pm and admits that he is STILL PISSED OFF. He thinks I accused him, basically of "lying about whether or not he called" I still cannot believe this. All I said was that I wanted to check my phone to see if I missed a call. That is it. I cannot believe how hypersensitive he is at times. Of course this is not the only time he's taken something I say too personally.

GEEZ!

I must have a tendency to pick moody, oversensitive men or something....

This just doesn;t seem like a rational thing to get "pissed off " over IMO

Can anybody shed some light? Was I insensitive at the time, or was he overreacting? Need some help on this one....thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 12:27 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
Can anybody shed some light? Was I insensitive at the time, or was he overreacting? Need some help on this one....thanks
So, had he really called? Because if he hadn't, that's a common reaction from people caught telling a lie.

Oh, and is he a Leo?;-)

Old 05-05-2011, 12:31 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,473,742 times
Oh, holy heck no, I couldn't deal with someone like that. I need someone laid back like myself that isn't into drama. He's into too much drama for me....next.

Old 05-05-2011, 12:33 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
Real life is like that with everyone.

People will ask questions; people will have their pet peeves; and people will have their sour moods.

It also looks like your fiance doesn't like you: also, it looks like you do not like him either. You two are just using each other. Total disillusionment.

Old 05-05-2011, 12:37 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
Let me guess. You get to do whatever you want and the other person has to stay silent and submissive all the time otherwise it's considered "drama"?

What's so amazing is the OP is so sensitive about this that he/she cannot let it go and enjoy a great weekend with the fiance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Oh, holy heck no, I couldn't deal with someone like that. I need someone laid back like myself that isn't into drama. He's into too much drama for me....next.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:48 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,927,376 times
is he like that with anyone else? When did it start? Im just wondering if hes just like that always or does he have some sort of pent up issues?

Old 05-05-2011, 04:53 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,995,906 times
Hmmm, if you have been told you tend to stick your foot in your mouth around other people......maybe you slip insults when talking to him? Insults that are not exactly directed toward him but other people you shut your mouth to.....

Old 05-05-2011, 05:43 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
My finace is hypersensitive to the nth degree. I mean that seriously. I've been told in the past that I tend to stick my foot in my mouth, but Ive spent a lot of time working on that and think I have improved. Here is the scenario:

He calls me around 5 oclock in the afternoon...May 4th
Asks me if I got his call around 3:05 pm yesterday.
I say that I didn't or that I just didn't hear the phone ring.

Me: OK, let me just check my phone a minute.
Him: Why would I lie to you about something like that?
Me: I didn;t say you lied. Im just saying I didn't hear the phone ring. Of course I was kind of caught up with stuff to do, and just missed the phone or was out of the room at the time.

He comes in about 7:30 pm and admits that he is STILL PISSED OFF. He thinks I accused him, basically of "lying about whether or not he called" I still cannot believe this. All I said was that I wanted to check my phone to see if I missed a call. That is it. I cannot believe how hypersensitive he is at times. Of course this is not the only time he's taken something I say too personally.

GEEZ!

I must have a tendency to pick moody, oversensitive men or something....

This just doesn;t seem like a rational thing to get "pissed off " over IMO

Boy, ST, as a long-time reader of your posts, you sure can pick 'em can't you?

Walk away. Life is hard enough without having to prop up some suspicious, insecure nitwit. At the same time, self-awareness is a gift. Perhaps, given your admitted ability to stick your foot in your mouth, you should double down and pay even more attention to what you say.

Old 05-05-2011, 07:06 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,610,392 times
Couples counciling.

Old 05-05-2011, 09:59 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,024,908 times
Ugh. I wouldn't have the patience to deal with someone like that. I got way better things to do than walk on eggshells all the time....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships