Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 09:53 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,779,416 times

Advertisements

Am I alone, or do most men feel the need to occasionally play the 'submissive' role in the relationship, and for the traditional roles to switch? No I don't have any gender identity issues and am not gay, but I like the idea of at least sometimes being dominated and even pampered (not in a mothering way) by my woman at times. At times I can feel like the dominant 'male' partner, but it would get boring it if was like that ALL of the time. I'm talking in the bedroom or anywhere else, I sort of like the idea of a woman who truly takes charge, not only in a bossy/catty way.

Are most men satisfied to mostly or always be making the moves socially, sexually or otherwise? Do most men feel threatened if the woman starts being the giver instead of the receiver? Do most women sometimes want to be dominant, and do some men even become bisexual to fulfil this need? Does thinking this way make me some kind of 'beta male' in the eyes of some?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 10:57 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,728,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Do most men feel threatened if the woman starts being the giver instead of the receiver? Do most women sometimes want to be dominant, and do some men even become bisexual to fulfil this need? Does thinking this way make me some kind of 'beta male' in the eyes of some?
I've read that men in stressful jobs or jobs with a lot of responsibilities are more likely to want to be dominated...no idea how true that is though. It could be one of those myths...

I don't think it's that unusual to have fantasies like you're hinting at, or even to try them out. And I don't think anything that you do with a partner of the opposite gender makes you bisexual, even if it involves an exit being turned into an entrance now and then.

And from the woman's perspective, it is fun to be the one in charge now and then.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:02 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,274,215 times
Have you ever tried the role-play of the older, intelligent college professor, who gets seduced (and dominated) by the hot college student?

As long as one person is dominant and one person is submissive, you will have strong sexual polarity and attraction. Doesn't matter who.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:07 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,356,879 times
A successful marriage to many people is a marriage of equals. My husband has never dominated me, nor I him, unless it's an occasional or accidental occurence. Why would a woman want to be "dominated" in a marriage? A man is going to make decisions on finances, vacations, free time, the TV remote? No way. Same with the woman... she shouldn't be making all the decisions either. It should be 50/50 or at least 60/40 most of the time.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:12 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,456,259 times
My older brother is like that. His wife is the dominated one and he is the submissive one. I think it is because my mother was very opinionated and dominate and he grew up around a women like that and then married the same type of women.

Old 05-06-2011, 12:31 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,173,186 times
Quote:
Am I alone, or do most men feel the need to occasionally play the 'submissive' role in the relationship, and for the traditional roles to switch? No I don't have any gender identity issues and am not gay, but I like the idea of at least sometimes being dominated and even pampered (not in a mothering way) by my woman at times. At times I can feel like the dominant 'male' partner, but it would get boring it if was like that ALL of the time. I'm talking in the bedroom or anywhere else, I sort of like the idea of a woman who truly takes charge, not only in a bossy/catty way.

Are most men satisfied to mostly or always be making the moves socially, sexually or otherwise? Do most men feel threatened if the woman starts being the giver instead of the receiver? Do most women sometimes want to be dominant, and do some men even become bisexual to fulfil this need? Does thinking this way make me some kind of 'beta male' in the eyes of some?
Thinking in itself does not make you a "beta male".

I do take charge but not in areas where my husband would want to.

Old 05-07-2011, 12:35 AM

27 posts, read 34,245 times
men don't mind to be lazy, and have the woman play the dominant role of doing all the work in the $3x..

Men don't want to be submissive though. Only gay and bi-curious men would get off on that. Submissiveness goes against regular man's nature.

Old 05-07-2011, 12:48 AM

461 posts, read 780,469 times
Quote:

In the bedroom I've been dominant at times. As a couple, I think you assess strengths & weaknesses in areas and divide accordingly. But ultimately, I have to say honestly it's a turn-off to me as a woman if a man expected me to make all the moves and be the dominant one in the relationship.

However, I know of a few couples where the women seems to be the dominant one so it can work. As far as a guy becoming bisexual for his partner...naw, he is already, he just isn't comfortable enough to act on it on his own. Being dominated in that respect provides a good excuse.

Old 05-07-2011, 05:30 AM

369 posts, read 616,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I've read that men in stressful jobs or jobs with a lot of responsibilities are more likely to want to be dominated...no idea how true that is though. It could be one of those myths...

I don't think it's that unusual to have fantasies like you're hinting at, or even to try them out. And I don't think anything that you do with a partner of the opposite gender makes you bisexual, even if it involves an exit being turned into an entrance now and then.

And from the woman's perspective, it is fun to be the one in charge now and then.
She sticks her great toe into the exit/entrance?

Old 05-07-2011, 05:33 AM

20,948 posts, read 18,971,772 times
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships