Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 02:48 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,861,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
This makes me want to remain single. It's safer, after all, what with all the risk of STD's, angry spurned lovers, angry secret lovers/spouses...
I'm no stranger to heartbreak, but, I'll tell you... if I could trade everything I've experienced for the sanctity of abstinence...

I would absolutely not consider it, under any circumstances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2011, 02:54 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I'm no stranger to heartbreak, but, I'll tell you... if I could trade everything I've experienced for the sanctity of abstinence...

I would absolutely not consider it, under any circumstances.
I agree. It's better to love then to never love at all. At least take some chances in life. Life can't be all that safe all the time.

Old 05-07-2011, 04:12 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,310,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Enough that there are some really great songs about it:
Seems like a lot of psychobilly songs are about this subject, LOL...

Old 05-07-2011, 05:43 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,189,775 times
Quote:
This makes me want to remain single. It's safer, after all, what with all the risk of STD's, angry spurned lovers, angry secret lovers/spouses...
Nah. Just don't be surprised by the consequences of cheating or don't be surprised if SO cheats. In other words know the person you married. Most of the time, there are clues it is happening or that it is desired.

If the relationship goes long enough, it might actually be a relief to both parties that one strayed to make it easy to walk away from the relationship. This recently happened to a acquaintance of mine. She is relieved that they both want out. Why they waited so long and for such extreme behavior makes me wonder about the phrase "it is never too late."

Old 05-07-2011, 06:23 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,208 times
Hhmmm....I think if I were married and the guy cheated, I would be very angry and hurt. I don't believe I would kill him, but that would be the end.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:51 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Hhmmm....I think if I were married and the guy cheated, I would be very angry and hurt. I don't believe I would kill him, but that would be the end.
Oh, you wouldn't kill him BUT you'd love to and have that anger for a bit before you broke it off with him. I'm usually a very laidback person and don't get upset too often but when he cheated on me, I had angry that I never knew I could have. Haven't had it since but I'll tell you, I was very surprised that I could be so angry and hateful. It took about a month for me to get over visualizing both of them dead and how I was going to do it.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:03 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
I've been cheated on, but I did not have an urge to kill over it. I wasn't married to the guy, so maybe that's different. I can't imagine wanting to physically harm someone over sex. OTOH, I could imagine it for self-defense situations or if someone hurt a loved one of mine.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:09 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I've been cheated on, but I did not have an urge to kill over it. I wasn't married to the guy, so maybe that's different. I can't imagine wanting to physically harm someone over sex. OTOH, I could imagine it for self-defense situations or if someone hurt a loved one of mine.
I was cheated on once. I didn't want to hurt the girl, but I showed animosity towards her. The guy, on the other hand, was a prick, and showed it. He would have gotten off scott free if he didn't try to rub it in my face. Unfortunately for that guy, he was on the receiving end of my spear tackle. He stopped real quick after that.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:11 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I was cheated on once. I didn't want to hurt the girl, but I showed animosity towards her. The guy, on the other hand, was a prick, and showed it. He would have gotten off scott free if he didn't try to rub it in my face. Unfortunately for that guy, he was on the receiving end of my spear tackle. He stopped real quick after that.
Yea, I can see that. I'd probably want to pop him in the face or something.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:14 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,615 times
Quote:
What percentage of people get so angry if their partner is unfaithful, that they basically want to kill them?

Of course the situation would factor here, like the circumstances, who they were cheating with, but I think anyone that jealous or whatever else would probably show a pattern of getting extremely angry at this happening.

A lot of the old blues songs etc featured songs about killing a cheating wife or husband and I find it disturbing that such thinking is so mainstream, it reminds me of honour killings and stonings.

I don't condone cheating, of course, but I seriously don't see how people get so pissed about it. Yes, I've never been in a relationship, but life goes on, you do not own anybody, and a 'crime of passion' is no different to any other cold-hearted murder (despite what the French might say, lol, jk). I find such people have more respect for their ego than the other person anyway.
I feel like I'm ready to kill for far less daily, doesn't mean i act on it...
Like fat people who jam up the aisles in the supermarket when I'm in a hurry, wtf are they doing getting food? Enough already. Feel like flipping them over on their backs, the weight should do the rest :P

I don't think I'd be as much angry as I would be sad if a girl was cheating on me, and I'm never violent so...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships