Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 10:14 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
No, that was a different person, a month ago. This current person I was dating during that same time, but I was not that interested in him back then. We've now gone out 4-5 times and I am starting to like him.
Well...that's good news!!! Glad to hear this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 10:27 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times
Quote:
Women asking men out really doesn't work. I know, some people will come along and say that I am wrong or that I am old fashioned... but the fact remains, women asking men out does not make for a successful pairing.
Have you ever tried asking a guy out? Give it a try, you might get surprised. And if you don't succeed, well, there's always another opportunity. Guys go through that all the time.

It won't work at times, sure, or some women rather just take the comfy road.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:06 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,673,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Well...that's good news!!! Glad to hear this!
thanks... time will tell. this is a different sort of situation (which is probably a good thing)

Old 05-18-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Have you ever tried asking a guy out? Give it a try, you might get surprised. And if you don't succeed, well, there's always another opportunity. Guys go through that all the time.

It won't work at times, sure, or some women rather just take the comfy road.
Why sure I've asked men out before, which is why I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't work. In my experience: the only men who respond well to being pursued are those who just want to hit it and quit, and guys who are losers. these things work out much better when the man is pursuing the female, and not the other way around. this is why so many women talk about how "he never called" after a date (or sex). Pursuing a man who isn't interested does not work, never has and never will. If a man i like doesn't ask me out despite my flirting, I no longer believe it's because he is shy, or is intimidated, or whatever. He's just not interested and that's that.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:36 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,846,187 times
Quote:
Why sure I've asked men out before, which is why I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't work. In my experience: the only men who respond well to being pursued are those who just want to hit it and quit, and guys who are losers. these things work out much better when the man is pursuing the female, and not the other way around. this is why so many women talk about how "he never called" after a date (or sex). Pursuing a man who isn't interested does not work, never has and never will. If a man i like doesn't ask me out despite my flirting, I no longer believe it's because he is shy, or is intimidated, or whatever. He's just not interested and that's that.
Just because you don't know how to pursue men or pursue the wrong men doesn't mean that it "doesn't work." There are many many MANY men out there who would want to be pursued who would potentially be great catches. You may want to broaden your perspective a bit.

I realize that most women want men to pursue so they can sit back and choose, but nature doesn't malfunction when it happens the other way around.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:38 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
I always liked lunch dates as a first date. One hour can tell you a lot about a person, most importantly if there's any chemistry there. I'd imagine that a coffee date would be the same way.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
Just because you don't know how to pursue men or pursue the wrong men doesn't mean that it "doesn't work." There are many many MANY men out there who would want to be pursued who would potentially be great catches. You may want to broaden your perspective a bit.

I realize that most women want men to pursue so they can sit back and choose, but nature doesn't malfunction when it happens the other way around.
You are wrong. it's kinda like how women will swear up and down that they want a nice guy, but you know they end up friend zoning those dudes. We say we want Mr Beta,yet we reject them.

just because men "claim" they want to be pursued doesn't make it true. sorry, not buying in to this modern day nonsense.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:04 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
Just because you don't know how to pursue men or pursue the wrong men doesn't mean that it "doesn't work."
Onglet actually knows very well what works and what doesn't in this area!

Old 05-18-2011, 05:09 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
I like coffee dates, it is enough time to know that you want more...or less. And it is terrible to have to make small talk with a person you just met through an entire dinner, especially if there is no "chemistry". Coffee is perfect. Especially with someone you REALLY want to spend more time with, and you BOTH know it. My last BF, we met for coffee, and could tell that there was a definite spark...it was exciting, and electric. I could hardly breathe, and when I left, I was floating on a cloud. And that was after about 30 minutes of chatting...it was awesome.

Sigh...coffee dates are great.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:27 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times
Quote:
Why sure I've asked men out before, which is why I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't work. In my experience: the only men who respond well to being pursued are those who just want to hit it and quit, and guys who are losers
It can be interpreted that way, sure. Also, women who just want to get asked out can be interpreted as women who just want to use men, take the comfy road, have things just centered on them, don’t want to put any effort, etc.

I ask and get asked out and I don’t really see a big difference. We just go out, enjoy our company, have things revolve around both of us, etc. So far it has worked just fine.

Quote:
Pursuing a man who isn't interested does not work, never has and never will
Goes both ways. Someone has to take the step which in the majority of cases is men, at least in the west.

Quote:
If a man i like doesn't ask me out despite my flirting, I no longer believe it's because he is shy, or is intimidated, or whatever. He's just not interested and that's that.
Can be many reasons why a man would not respond. Maybe women have to work harder instead of just sending indirect messages, clues, hints, sending a messenger, body language, etc. When a man cannot score he will use creativity and find ways to finally ask you out. Women have been quite creative when asking me out just like I ask them out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships