Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2011, 07:20 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,981,485 times

Advertisements

I am 36 and soon be 37. I have always been single. I get lonely alot. If I date someone it always ends up with the person not wanting to get in contact with me, or only want me for sex, or only goes to lets be friends stage or only sees me as an option rather than an priority, or I dont have the right physical characteristics or right job for the people to choose me, or there are those that want an relationship with me but I just see no spark in them.

I am well educated and dress well. I dont have much bad habbits. It appears the older i get the less likely i will get into an relationship. The people that have been in relationships in their teens have an much better chance than I have and I feel I have missed out on so much.

Why do people like me have to put up with this when nearly all my friends and family have been in relationships and also long term relationships?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2011, 07:36 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,990,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
I am 36 and soon be 37. I have always been single. I get lonely alot. If I date someone it always ends up with the person not wanting to get in contact with me, or only want me for sex, or only goes to lets be friends stage or only sees me as an option rather than an priority, or I dont have the right physical characteristics or right job for the people to choose me, or there are those that want an relationship with me but I just see no spark in them.

I am well educated and dress well. I dont have much bad habbits. It appears the older i get the less likely i will get into an relationship. The people that have been in relationships in their teens have an much better chance than I have and I feel I have missed out on so much.

Why do people like me have to put up with this when nearly all my friends and family have been in relationships and also long term relationships?
First of all, don't compare yourself to other people, including family when it comes to having relationships.

you've had relationships with different women, you've just never had a long term relationship with one. You may have not found the right person yet. 36 isn't terribly old, and you shouldn't give up if you're thinking about it. Do you get out often? Do you meet women regularly? Maybe you should try to date more to see what creates chemistry with other women?

Old 05-08-2011, 07:42 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,636,281 times
Well, what do you look like, is my first question.
Are you shy?
what are your faults?
what do you THINK is the reason you can't start a relationship
are you male or female?

Jonathan

Old 05-08-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
First of all, don't compare yourself to other people, including family when it comes to having relationships.

you've had relationships with different women, you've just never had a long term relationship with one. You may have not found the right person yet. 36 isn't terribly old, and you shouldn't give up if you're thinking about it. Do you get out often? Do you meet women regularly? Maybe you should try to date more to see what creates chemistry with other women?
I dont go out alot, and dont meet women that reguarly. I have dated alot. I am on some single sites and its not easy finding someone there. I just so tired of the rejections.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:23 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,990,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
I dont go out alot, and dont meet women that reguarly. I have dated alot. I am on some single sites and its not easy finding someone there. I just so tired of the rejections.
That's the nature of the beat. You've gotta keep on keeping on. You can't really stop until you've met a woman you're happy to be with.

You have to get out. Women aren't going to come to your doorstep to find you. You have to find them somehow.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
Well, what do you look like, is my first question.
Are you shy?
what are your faults?
what do you THINK is the reason you can't start a relationship
are you male or female?

Jonathan
I can be shy at first esp the first time I meet somone, sometimes very shy.

I am male.

My faults is I dont have an good job, in debt, suffer from depression. Its worse esp when I live here alone and no one to keep me company. I have even been to places where I could meet new people for dates, and have gone to clubs and bars alot up till recently, am on single sites. I never been in love, or I thought I have and always if I have crushes on people I find out that they not interested in me or if they show interest they only see me as an option and not as an priority. I just so envious of the people that are in relationships and also discovering friends getting into one.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:40 PM

964 posts, read 3,159,719 times
for starters, you need to get the thundercloud around from you and stop feeling so mopey. there's numerous opportunities to meet single women, and i don't mean dating sites.

Old 05-08-2011, 11:05 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,926,984 times
you probably never developed proper social skills and probably have social avoidance/anxiety from an early age. I think you should move back home with your parents so you don't feel as alone and try to get off your feet from there (by being more social, developing skills, saving money to get more schoo for a better career). I suggest trade school type of careers like electrician or plumbing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships