Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 08:33 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
In the making of this post...I talk (and post) straight from the hip, out loud, in a clear tone, so that there can be no mistaking whatsoever what I'm saying...

I'm sorry if I seem 'histrionic' or even overly dramatic to you, but I'm going to yet again invoke a phrase from another person---this time, my 20-something nephew...it follows, and I quote: "I wrote it, I said it, I meant every word, period, comma, semicolon, noun and verb of it, and I stand behind what I said, 150%"...

In short, if you have a problem with what I said, that's just it---your problem, not mine...I have no intention whatsoever of changing my posting style, my personality, and in most cases, my opinion(s), to suit you or anyone else here or offline...as I stated before (with all respect to our Mods) the only 2 people in this world who would have even a ghost of a chance of altering me or my 'behavior', have long since left this world, so frankly, nobody else has anything coming...

And to sum up, and stay on topic, I reiterate---all this jazz about calling someone 'gay' or unmanly for the simple act of showing emotion, or expressing love to a wife, a child, a parent, or even a pet, here on City Data, is bulls**t, plain and simple...and that's not histrionics, that is cold, hard, set-in-stone fact...end of narrative

Woo hoo, I love me some seasoned, peppery catfish, LOL

(that was me giving you rep just now, but I pressed send before I signed it, oops!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 08:57 PM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
In the making of this post...I talk (and post) straight from the hip, out loud, in a clear tone, so that there can be no mistaking whatsoever what I'm saying...

I'm sorry if I seem 'histrionic' or even overly dramatic to you, but I'm going to yet again invoke a phrase from another person---this time, my 20-something nephew...it follows, and I quote: "I wrote it, I said it, I meant every word, period, comma, semicolon, noun and verb of it, and I stand behind what I said, 150%"...

In short, if you have a problem with what I said, that's just it---your problem, not mine...I have no intention whatsoever of changing my posting style, my personality, and in most cases, my opinion(s), to suit you or anyone else here or offline...as I stated before (with all respect to our Mods) the only 2 people in this world who would have even a ghost of a chance of altering me or my 'behavior', have long since left this world, so frankly, nobody else has anything coming...

And to sum up, and stay on topic, I reiterate---all this jazz about calling someone 'gay' or unmanly for the simple act of showing emotion, or expressing love to a wife, a child, a parent, or even a pet, here on City Data, is bulls**t, plain and simple...and that's not histrionics, that is cold, hard, set-in-stone fact...end of narrative
Love your style, Cap'n.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:30 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,051,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Yeah, I feel sorry for myself too

Damn me I'm no nudist running naked into the streets and raising two daughters in quite a wonder filled environment. Perplexing!

So, WestCobb, reason and gut feeling always pays off

You don't have a clue

Old 05-10-2011, 06:14 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,217 times
Quote:

Right on brother These are the same men that would cry if their team lost in the NBA playoffs. These dudes kill me sometimes.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:21 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,967 times
I'm man enough to admit I had tears in my eyes (from laughing so hard) as I read through captain's bluster. Pure comedy.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:25 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
I am sitting here watching my wife and our kids having so much fun. Thank you Lisa for being my wife and thank you for giving me two beautiful children.

Love ya baby, happy mother's day

busta

hmmm I think we found a romantic... and the reason there are 2 little busta's in the world..

Old 05-10-2011, 07:14 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
You don't have a clue
Sounds like jealousy to me..

Old 05-10-2011, 07:22 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,222 times
Lightbulb Wellll...I'm Glad I Could Give You A Few Laughs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I'm man enough to admit I had tears in my eyes (from laughing so hard) as I read through captain's bluster. Pure comedy.
But that don't change the facts...call it bluster, call it histrionics, call it Ishmael, call it late for dinner, I said what I said, and I meant what I said...

We could go on like this 1000 out of 1000 times, and my reaction and my words would still be the same...and for the record, it ain't bluster if you can back it up...simple as that...

Old 05-10-2011, 10:00 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,967 times
Quote:
But that don't change the facts...call it bluster, call it histrionics, call it Ishmael, call it late for dinner, I said what I said, and I meant what I said...

We could go on like this 1000 out of 1000 times, and my reaction and my words would still be the same...and for the record, it ain't bluster if you can back it up...simple as that...
I thought you were incapable of writing a post that is less than 1,000 words, cap'n. I guess I was wrong.

The definition of bluster is "loud, aggressive, indignant talk with little effect." You are the poster-child of bluster. I'm particularly amused that your blustery tirades are in defense of men crying on Mother's Day... lolololol. You can't make this up.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:21 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,222 times
Lightbulb No...Actually, You're Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I thought you were incapable of writing a post that is less than 1,000 words, cap'n. I guess I was wrong.

The definition of bluster is "loud, aggressive, indignant talk with little effect." You are the poster-child of bluster. I'm particularly amused that your blustery tirades are in defense of men crying on Mother's Day... lolololol. You can't make this up.
I'm not the poster child of bluster...not by a long shot...I am, however, the poster child for 'I'm going to state my opinion, when I feel like it, how I feel like it, where I feel like it', with respect coming to those who disagree with me in a positive manner (i.e. wanting to have a debate)...I will post back and forth all day long with someone who I feel has a valid argument, and if at the end of the day, that person and I agree to disagree, then I ain't mad at 'em

But you see, when my head hits my pillow tonight, I will sleep a most comfortable sleep, knowing that my wife loves me, my li'l brown dog loves me, and that you are sitting somewhere trying to drum up supposedly snappy comebacks to my posts on an internet chat forum...

The bottom line is this...I have stated several times, for the record, that I didn't think the OP needed his 'man-card' pulled for the simple act of telling his fellow posters how he became emotional about seeing his wife and kids together on Mother's Day...you seem to get some sort of jollies out of basically trying to tell the OP when, where, and how he should emote...

Well, newsflash...you ain't the lead dog on the sled, and therefore, you don't get the right to tell anybody what to do...that ain't bluster, that ain't a tirade, and it ain't meant to be humorous, 1000 words or less notwithstanding...you want to sit back and judge me, and label my opinions as bluster, you go right ahead, but remember---just because you say something with conviction, it doesn't mean squat to me...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships