Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you look down upon women who have sex?
Yes, if it's casual sex 18 26.87%
Yes, if it's outside of a serious relationship 15 22.39%
Yes, if it's outside of marriage 10 14.93%
No, unless she had a well known negative reputation 7 10.45%
No, it doesn't matter to me at all 32 47.76%
Other (specify) 8 11.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 04:18 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,842,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
ok
The initial and universal biological purpose of sexual intercourse is reproduction. That is fact. You have no source to back up your claim that sex in and of itself is intended for those in love, be they married or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 04:30 PM

1,704 posts, read 2,323,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
The initial and universal biological purpose of sexual intercourse is reproduction. That is fact. You have no source to back up your claim that sex in and of itself is intended for those in love, be they married or not.
So is it ok then to have casual sex with lots of different partners when the universal biolgocial purpose of sexual intercourse is reproduction?

Also, what about gay people?

Just curious...

Old 05-10-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
So is it ok then to have casual sex with lots of different partners when the universal biolgocial purpose of sexual intercourse is reproduction?

Also, what about gay people?

Just curious...
I'm trying to leave my personal beliefs out of this thread

Old 05-10-2011, 06:30 PM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
The only fact is that sex intended for reproduction. As far as it being "exercise", that depends on the position.
The fact remains that our Designer, The Great Architect of the Universe, designed the human body in such a manner that pleasure is found in flirting, in foreplay, and in sex. And these acts cause a mental bonding between participants.

These features were built into the design of humans by our Designer.

It is my understanding that even among many people who are no longer capable of reproduction these features of pleasure and bonding are often still fully functioning.

So you see the 'purposes' of sex are many, and reproduction is not the primary purpose. For reproduction only works for a shorter period of one's life span, as compared to the other purposes of sex.

These are the facts.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
The fact remains that our Designer, The Great Architect of the Universe, designed the human body in such a manner that pleasure is found in flirting, in foreplay, and in sex. And these acts cause a mental bonding between participants.

These features were built into the design of humans by our Designer.

It is my understanding that even among many people who are no longer capable of reproduction these features of pleasure and bonding are often still fully functioning.

So you see the 'purposes' of sex are many, and reproduction is not the primary purpose. For reproduction only works for a shorter period of one's life span, as compared to the other purposes of sex.

These are the facts.
Reproduction is the primary purpose of sex. There are some people who don't enjoy sex. Everyone can create a child (if they're capable of reproduction). Even "the Designer" said to "be fruitful and multiply" not to just get busy.

Sexuality is far more biological than most are aware of. The pleasures that come from sex are a part of ensuring that we continue to multiply. It even comes right down to attraction.

This is not to say that making children is the only purpose it serves, but it is first and foremost.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:10 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Personally I like to look down at women having sex and I like to look up at women having sex.

As long as I'm on top or she's on top, all that really matters is she's having sex with me no matter how I look at it.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:12 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Yes I do look down on women having sex. Especially if we are in the Missionary position!
Well it's better than watching t.v. while you are at it. lol

Old 05-10-2011, 08:14 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I only look down when I'm having sex.
Walk into a lot of stuff, eh? haha

Old 05-10-2011, 08:16 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Reproduction is the primary purpose of sex. There are some people who don't enjoy sex. Everyone can create a child (if they're capable of reproduction). Even "the Designer" said to "be fruitful and multiply" not to just get busy.

Sexuality is far more biological than most are aware of. The pleasures that come from sex are a part of ensuring that we continue to multiply. It even comes right down to attraction.

This is not to say that making children is the only purpose it serves, but it is first and foremost.
Actually, sex is used by many species, including our own, for a lot of different reasons. These might be to keep the peace in society, to appease, to show dominance, to show loyalty, or to strengthen bonds between pairs or among a number of different members, as well as to relieve stress and ward off depression; sex is not, at least among mammals, necessarily for reproduction each and every time. And it never has been, as far as history and paleontology can tell.

Whether or not a Designer pointed His finger at the planet and zapped that into being so or not, it is so. And bonding is a tremendous drive among societies and between pair-bonding species.

We "use" sex for a lot of different reasons and some of them are emotional and/or societal.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:16 PM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
Reproduction is the primary purpose of sex.
There is this cool set of books our creator gave us. In it is one book called the Song of Solomon, you may like to read it at some point.

Sex was given to us, in this design of human for pleasure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships