Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do Mediterranean men enjoy success with the ladies because they are Mediterranean?
Yes, stereotypes favor them and ladies buy into them 4 17.39%
Yes but it is not based on them being Mediterranean alone 5 21.74%
They don't emjoy more or less success than men of other backgrounds 14 60.87%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 08:34 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,429,011 times

Advertisements

Southern European men tend to live in Southern Europe, so they have to compete with other Southern European men. Therefore even if we admit your premise that they're universally considered more attractive, and that's a big if, that doesn't mean they have it easier.

Maybe they are less likely to some others to mop on the Internet about how women are ******* because they're not all over them, I don't know.

Signed,

a Southern European man

Some heavy-duty necroposting, by the way.

Last edited by Perfect Stranger; 11-27-2015 at 08:44 AM..

Old 11-27-2015, 08:53 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,756,236 times
German men are 'world's worst lovers' with English men in second place - Telegraph
They are in the top world's lovers list.

Old 09-01-2017, 03:29 AM

2,587 posts, read 1,594,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
Not every woman loves Southern European men. Kim Kardashian for example does not love Southern European men, judging by the men that she dates.
With the best will in the world, who cares who she dates?
I did a straw poll among some friends (late 20s to late 40s), in a bar about K.K., every one of them including me, (too old to count!) said that they'd only take a crack at her if they were really p**sed, (British for drunk).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Women love foreign men all over the world, particularly Italian men in the states.

Women in America love heavy foreign accents from what I've seen.
As a younger man, I didn't exactly carve my way through American womanhood like a hot knife through butter, but I certainly didn't do bad in N.J., N.Y., and PA., but I wouldn't say my accent is heavy.
It's unmistakably British, but only a fellow Brit would recognise my blue collar London inflections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDude1 View Post
Am I at a disadvantage if I am not Mediterranean then guys?
Certainly not, just make sure that you stay just outside their comfort zone until invited in, and say the right thing, in the right way, at the right time, you'll have as much chance as the next guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDude1 View Post
Would a man who looks like this have it rough with the ladies?

As a man, difficult for me to judge, I showed my 3 nieces, (28, 33, and 37), his picture, they all said "No way, but a horny, hormonal teen would probably like him", but to be fair, the elder two are married to blond guys.

Old 09-01-2017, 05:34 AM

818 posts, read 456,340 times
well, l don't know about the men or care but l loveeeee the women.

My ex w was European and my gf since Italian, and l could never go out with a western women again.
Their depth , passion , and soul, sexuality, their ways, their personality, everything about them , is something modern western women just couldn't even relate to. And if you wanna talk lovers which l'm sure all the women have done right through the thread then find yourself a Europen women.

So who gives a damn fellas , go find yourself a European women and you'll really see what a women is.

Last edited by hawk101; 09-01-2017 at 06:05 AM..

Old 09-01-2017, 06:24 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,230,149 times
One thing I always found appealing is that, in my experience, they generally know their way around the kitchen. Not that men from other cultures don't cook, but in Mediterranean culture it is nearly ubiquitous. Growing up, the men on my Italian and Portuguese side of the family, as well as friends' families, all had a signature dish; not just assembling a meal, but true restaurant-quality dishes. The one notable exception is my husband's Mediterranean side of the family; he's the only one who cooks.

Old 09-01-2017, 10:11 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk101 View Post
well, l don't know about the men or care but l loveeeee the women.

My ex w was European and my gf since Italian, and l could never go out with a western women again.
Their depth , passion , and soul, sexuality, their ways, their personality, everything about them , is something modern western women just couldn't even relate to. And if you wanna talk lovers which l'm sure all the women have done right through the thread then find yourself a Europen women.

So who gives a damn fellas , go find yourself a European women and you'll really see what a women is.
I appreciate the perspective I always like hearing the opinions and viewpoints of people from other countries. Honestly the U.S. has an increasingly screwed up culture I'm looking into retiring in another country possibly which would be about 28 years from now or so. I partially only use this board to help study the sociology of different subcultures and so on and how they relate to, and effect things vis and vis dating/relationships.

I'm not sure how much different Europe is culturally in some ways though for me it would be like getting the same flavor of ice cream as I get back home. If I always get vanilla ice cream when I'm at home when I'm in another country I want a different flavor of ice cream. I agree with your overall point though, sometimes those flavors are better in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships