Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 08:59 PM

6 posts, read 41,877 times

Advertisements

I'm in my early 20's and found through dating lots of guys that most guys my own age aren't looking for relationships, but just for fun and casual dating, which is completely fine, but not for me. So I started dating men older than me, late 20's. I figure they would know what they want. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.

But anyways. I met a guy at a mutual friend's party. We seem to hit it off, we talked all night, exchanged numbers. Since that night we talked everyday for hours on end. Even though we do have friends in common, we never bumped into each other during those get togethers. So, we had a lot of conversations via texting, calling, gchat.

We met for lunch and it went pretty well. He wanted to go to this new restaurant that opened downtown, I agreed, so we made plans. Plans that he canceled last minute. I agreed to reschedule and of course he canceled those as well. But the second time he didn't even bother telling me, I found out an hour before we were suppose to meet when I called to confirm.

After that, we started talking less and less. I never called him again, but he would call me a few times a week. I was never encouraging because at this point, I'd given up all hopes on him, but I was always polite. I just didn't understand why he would still call when he clearly didn't want to do anything.

We are FB friends so he does see my status posts. I post status all the time about events that I want to go see and asking if anyone would be interested in coming to them as well. He responded to them immediately saying that he would love to go, I would say sure, but he would never follow though on these things.

It's driving me insane. I can't stand it when people say one thing but do another. I can't understand it either. He doesn't owe me anything, we're not friends. If he doesn't want to see me, why not just stop all contact? Why bother keeping in touch?

i know you guys are probably going to say to just move on and stop worrying about this. But i really am curious.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:13 PM

4,269 posts, read 8,171,277 times
Delete him from your Facebook.

Guys cancel on girls for different reasons, but the main one is.. Something Better Came Up. Same reason girls do that to guys.

Unfortunately, that is probably the case. I am a firm beliver that once I make plans, I am sticking to them. Others are not.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:19 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,473,742 times
I second that, delete him from your fb. He's either a player or someone that is afraid of commitment. Either way, he's not reliable and who needs that type of person in your life?

Old 05-09-2011, 09:22 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,997,969 times
Yup, these two...^^

Old 05-09-2011, 09:22 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Get use to it sister, it happens. Move on deary.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:27 PM

6 posts, read 41,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
Delete him from your Facebook.

Guys cancel on girls for different reasons, but the main one is.. Something Better Came Up. Same reason girls do that to guys.

Unfortunately, that is probably the case. I am a firm beliver that once I make plans, I am sticking to them. Others are not.
But that's just it, he wasn't doing anything better. or anyone for that matter. He was home. he would rather stay at home than keep the plans HE wanted to make.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:29 PM

4,269 posts, read 8,171,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonflyRX View Post
But that's just it, he wasn't doing anything better. or anyone for that matter. He was home. he would rather stay at home than keep the plans HE wanted to make.
Ok, well, that tells you where you rank on his list of priorities.

Lose him.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:32 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,741,921 times
The reason is, because that's how he is. It has very little or nothing to do with you. People treat everybody the same. What I mean is that nice people are nice to everybody. Mean people are mean to everyone, eventually. Flakey people are flakey to everyone, eventually. People just act their nature. It's not personal. It's who they are. You're going to have to meet a reliable person if you want reliable behavior.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:33 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,997,969 times
I'm afraid it is unanimous here. The guy is to be forgotten and you need to find someone who will follow through on plans. It's really not worth wondering about this guy. He has issues. Meh. Don't we all. Doesn't mean we have to sign up for them (other's issues).

Old 05-09-2011, 09:34 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,141,697 times
Make a status you had an awesome time with a special new friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships