Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 04:28 PM

369 posts, read 617,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
Met her online huh?

Lemme guess...Plenty of Fish a.k.a. Plenty of Flakes?
No, I paid for this place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 04:34 PM

Not that her name is Joyce (as in "Joyce's Choice" which means "Let the lady decide about making the next move"). Her name is Marie. Lots of Maries in this world. My maternal grandmother was named Marie. I was thinking about this on the train to see her. I was a kid age 7, I started singing "How they gonna keep em down on the farm after they've seen MARIE". My mother heard this and said "Go sing that to your grandfather".

I remembered that. Couldn't stop laughing today. Shared it with Marie.

But they want "chemistry".

Old 05-11-2011, 04:35 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,625,820 times
You must have received a pretty hard vibe from her that she wasn`t interested in you physically then, if you are not willing to give it another shot. I`m sorry. Better luck next time!

Old 05-11-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
You must have received a pretty hard vibe from her that she wasn`t interested in you physically then, if you are not willing to give it another shot. I`m sorry. Better luck next time!
Not a hard vibe but better than a hint as I said in my OP.

Everybody wishes me luck all the time. I don't think luck has anything to do with it these days.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:41 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,625,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltHowe View Post

Everybody wishes me luck all the time. I don't think luck has anything to do with it these days.
Then try a little more confidence!

Old 05-11-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Then try a little more confidence!
I have plenty of that but I also have to consider what I see. Hey, that woman liked me but her pupils remained tiny, she instinctively moved away from the goodbye kiss, her final words were a toneless "we'll talk" and I may be confident but I'm confident enough in my ego to know that my ego is fragile when it comes to rejection and I DON'T NEED ANY MORE OF THAT SH-T so I'm laying low on this one and testing it out to see if playing it cool doesn't bring her out of the shadows.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:59 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,296,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltHowe View Post
What if we both like eating out, we both like bullsh-tting, we're both easy going people, we're both good listeners AND good talkers, we both have sleep apnea, but the chemistry isn't there? I just came back from one of those initial meetings.

What's it mean if her pupils remain tiny? If she moves away from the goodbye kiss and just allows a peck?

Yeah I figure. I'll wait for her to call me. Laying ah 15-1 it don't happen.

I can get better "chemistry" off of women who I might have nothing in common with.
Hrm, sounds like you have the above bolded in common with 50% of people.

If her pupils remain tiny it means that there is a lot of light in the room.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:20 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,565,146 times
Dude, she's got baggage. Somebody broke her heart and she is in no mood for another round. Cut your losses and go to the next one on the list. Opposites attract, so maybe she saw too much of herself in you, or vice-versa.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Hrm, sounds like you have the above bolded in common with 50% of people.

If her pupils remain tiny it means that there is a lot of light in the room.
Well come to think of it they did get a little bigger but inconclusive.

All the books I ever read on the subject said that "a person's pupils grow larger when looking at something they are attracted to".

Old 05-11-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
Dude, she's got baggage. Somebody broke her heart and she is in no mood for another round. Cut your losses and go to the next one on the list. Opposites attract, so maybe she saw too much of herself in you, or vice-versa.
Dude! Everybody in this "looking for love" business has baggage. Me? I open the door and I carry the bags in for the lady. You know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships