Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 10:12 PM

369 posts, read 617,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
Why? Were you really feeling it or was it rushed?
In between both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 10:22 PM

I'm a NYC street kind of a guy with the gift of gab. I can walk into a place as a complete stranger and make everybody in the place laugh. Me getting intense or nervous on a first meeting is the same as seeing a game of volleyball being played over at Yankee Stadium.

Ain't happening any time soon.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:18 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltHowe View Post
I wasn't intense. In fact I never get intense at these meetings. I'm about the calmest, most relaxed guy out there. I give women the feeling that they've known me for a very long time. Some who know me think that's the problem. Relaxed feelings of familarity don't spark off chemistry.
Well, I have to tell you that you definitely come off uber-intense and sometimes a little "preemptively" accusatory in what you write on these forums...so even if you *think* you come off relaxed, you could be wrong.

I'm here to tell you that gauging the size of a woman's pupils just can not happen casually and that if anything, it would freak most people out, especially if it were on a first or second date. Blue eyes or not, most people wouldn't consciously note the actual comparative size of the pupil unless they were really digging to try to find clues...and no matter how you try to hide such a thing, it does show and it is very uncomfortable for the other person. It gives her (or him...whomever) a "run!" instinct.

There's also a huge difference between relaxed and familiar. If you're acting *too* familiar in somewhat "off" ways it could put someone off (a male friend, a female hopefully girlfriend, anyone). ETA: Did you not tell us recently that you dress women down for not being attracted to you, that you make them feel guilty enough to not be able to look you in the eye and that eventually you go so far into it and for so long that they get angry in self-defense? I don't really think this sounds calm or relaxed. I'm sorry. And (clearing throat to be understood here) did we not pretty much all say that your general attitude shows? And didn't you say "No, no, no it doesn't!" and now you're saying yet another woman turned and ran?

You *do* have problems relating to women. You should work on that a little before you start dating so you have a better chance at having good experiences.

Last edited by JerZ; 05-12-2011 at 09:28 PM..

Old 05-12-2011, 09:26 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
I'm a NYC street kind of a guy with the gift of gab. I can walk into a place as a complete stranger and make everybody in the place laugh. Me getting intense or nervous on a first meeting is the same as seeing a game of volleyball being played over at Yankee Stadium.

(sigh) (shaking head) Okay, then, Walt. You keep doing what you're doing and see if the consistently unsatisfying results ever change. Good luck and happy dating.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:38 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
opposites attract, simalars repel one another

Old 05-12-2011, 09:43 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Sorry. I'm very poor at reading comprehension too.
Forget the "too".

Quote:
I wasn't intense. In fact I never get intense at these meetings. I'm about the calmest, most relaxed guy out there. I give women the feeling that they've known me for a very long time. Some who know me think that's the problem. Relaxed feelings of familarity don't spark off chemistry.
Ah a healthy ego. Maybe too much, verging on the egotistical.

Quote:
From her profile

What are you looking for in a partner?
SOME BODY WHO IS INTENSE AND WOULD LIKE TO SPEND TIME DOING THINGS TOGETHER
I'd just like to add...
PLEASE BE INTERESTED AND NOT SOMEBODY WHO TALKS FOR A COUPLE OF TIMES AND THEM DISAPEARS
She definitely worded this rather badly but you certainly lived up the expectation.

Quote:

Since you profess to have so such charisma, why are you posting on a relationship forum about, "What's It Mean"? where one date is concerned? Sounds like you're very self-confident and don't need any peeps to throw advice your way. Sounds to me like you know you're the man.

And, just for the heck of it, what DOES, "What's It Mean?" mean? The way you wrote it translates grammatically to, "What Is It Mean?" You maybe meant to say, "What does it mean?"

Know what, WaltHowe? You seem like a smart young man. Use the internet to learn and drop the attitude. There are many on this forum and on many other forums with way more experience about life in general who'd be more than happy to talk to you and share things with you.

You have to sift the wheat from the chaff but that's up to you. Think about it and I really do wish you all the best.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Well, I have to tell you that you definitely come off uber-intense and sometimes a little "preemptively" accusatory in what you write on these forums...so even if you *think* you come off relaxed, you could be wrong.

I'm here to tell you that gauging the size of a woman's pupils just can not happen casually and that if anything, it would freak most people out, especially if it were on a first or second date. Blue eyes or not, most people wouldn't consciously note the actual comparative size of the pupil unless they were really digging to try to find clues...and no matter how you try to hide such a thing, it does show and it is very uncomfortable for the other person. It gives her (or him...whomever) a "run!" instinct.

There's also a huge difference between relaxed and familiar. If you're acting *too* familiar in somewhat "off" ways it could put someone off (a male friend, a female hopefully girlfriend, anyone). ETA: Did you not tell us recently that you dress women down for not being attracted to you, that you make them feel guilty enough to not be able to look you in the eye and that eventually you go so far into it and for so long that they get angry in self-defense? I don't really think this sounds calm or relaxed. I'm sorry. And (clearing throat to be understood here) did we not pretty much all say that your general attitude shows? And didn't you say "No, no, no it doesn't!" and now you're saying yet another woman turned and ran?

You *do* have problems relating to women. You should work on that a little before you start dating so you have a better chance at having good experiences.
There's my internet personality, there's my real life personality and THEN there's my personality on THIS site so it doesn't really matter of course but truthfully I don't come off as intense with a woman on a date, I come off relaxed, maybe TOO relaxed.

Number two, noticing the size of pupils is as natural as me noticing say whether or not you are smiling at say the joke I just made to you. I just glance casually and notice the size without my expression changing. This is easy. Anybody can do it.

Number three, I act relaxed but the feel people get off me is that of "familiar" as in like you've known me a long time.

Number four: I dress the rejecting woman down AFTER she rejects me, certainly not before she rejects me. HEYWADDYATHINK?

Old 05-15-2011, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Forget the "too".

Ah a healthy ego. Maybe too much, verging on the egotistical.

She definitely worded this rather badly but you certainly lived up the expectation.
I did? How do you know? You were there? You saw the video? She phoned and she told you?

Old 05-15-2011, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
(sigh) (shaking head) Okay, then, Walt. You keep doing what you're doing and see if the consistently unsatisfying results ever change. Good luck and happy dating.
And be somebody else? Girlfriend, you'd be the first one to chastise me for being phony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships