Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 08:52 AM

525 posts, read 1,555,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
I don't mix friendship and love either way, so for me I guess it is a moot point.

But personally and from an ethical point of view (i.e., my standard for me; not judging anyone else here), FWB is anathema and I would *never* do that. Not ever. For me, the rules are simple: if you love someone, you love them. If you're friends with someone, you're friends. Apples to apples. But not both. FWB is like mixing apples and oranges. Plus, FWB removes love entirely from the whole equation. So it's completely useless for me, especially because I want both love *and* marriage, before I even get to the benefits part.
Me and my guy have been FWB for awhile and have been saying "I Love You" to each other. We both were friends before getting sexually involved and not wanting a relationship at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 10:34 AM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
Me and my guy have been FWB for awhile and have been saying "I Love You" to each other. We both were friends before getting sexually involved and not wanting a relationship at this point.
Wow, an honest woman! Now be prepare to be sacrificed to the FWB god!

Old 05-17-2011, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Wow, an honest woman! Now be prepare to be sacrificed to the FWB god!
what ur talking about?

Old 05-17-2011, 08:48 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Been, there. Done that once. Didn't work because he'd bring it up and some of the best memories of us together involved sex.
I'm guessing the post relates to a previous thread. Can it work as friends only, sure it can and he needs all the friends he can get right now. Say what you mean and mean what you say. Move on sweetie, you don't have to tell him everything.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:59 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Unless the sex sucks, that's the only way back. At least for me that is.
Agreed. Can't go from awesome bedroom action to sitting on the couch with her watching television, and no nookie.

Too many memories

Old 05-18-2011, 08:59 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Wouldn't have a FWB, so it's moot.

IMHO, you can't be platonic and have sex too.

You can't have sex with someone and then go back to being platonic.

Last edited by Lucario; 05-18-2011 at 09:07 PM..

Old 05-19-2011, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post

yeah. tried that then he brought it up wanting it. We seemed to get along better when we were having sex. Weird.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:14 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,471,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post

Obviously! Platonic love is a chaste love that is non-sexual.

You can be real friends and have sex as well, and the sex can come and go without affecting the friendship. That is the essence of FWB, though not always achieved. Having been there and done that, I know it is possible, and know others who have also. And I also know some who have failed. It depends on the people involved.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:20 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Obviously! Platonic love is a chaste love that is non-sexual.

You can be real friends and have sex as well, and the sex can come and go without affecting the friendship. That is the essence of FWB, though not always achieved. Having been there and done that, I know it is possible, and know others who have also. And I also know some who have failed. It depends on the people involved.
Diff'rent strokes, and all that. I think sex and friendship, in the FWB context, do not go together. If you have sex with someone, the feelings you feel for them go beyond mere friendship.

That is IMHO.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:37 AM

553 posts, read 1,544,996 times
Quote:
Do you think a FWB relationship can go back to being platonic friends
It didn't work for me. I lost one of my very best friends that I grew up with because we went "there". We tried the FWB for awhile when we found ourselves both single at the same time for once in our lives. But he wanted to get married and he talked about babies and it just ruined everything. We've been in each other's lives since we were both 15 yrs old. It still hurts me deeply that we aren't friends anymore. I'm very mad at myself for hurting him and I'm mad at him for pressuring me to the point where we had to end our friendship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships