Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 03:45 AM

1 posts, read 1,011 times

Advertisements

I called my bf complicated and basically what I meant was that it's sometimes very difficult to figure him out and is not so predictable as I always imagine him to be. He shows two distinct personality traits, one with his friends and one with just us which are quite different. And then sometimes every now and again he shows a whole new side depending on what mood he is. Sometimes its difficult to just figure out where on earth he is coming from and it seems like he's no showing everything. And this one part he is not showing will most likely be what I am missing to understand him. But for now...WOW his complicated/complex.

He is a very nice guy all the time, don't get me wrong but most of the time, it's hard to see under everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 04:17 AM

175 posts, read 275,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imsh0t View Post
complicated means full of drama or difficult. Complex means rich and deep. Like a complex multilayer beer vs a simple 1 note brew.
This.

Old 12-10-2013, 11:58 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentat View Post
In your opinion, what's the difference between complicated and complex people?

I think "complicated" has a negative connotation--like difficult, but "complex" is more positive, like sophisticated.

What are your thoughts?
The thing with "complicated" is that it sounds too much like constipated.

Complex, on the other hand just has more sex appeal.

Old 12-10-2013, 11:59 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
When I hear that something is complex, I imagine something that is elegant. Complexities can easily be appreciated by the right mind. A person's complexities may highlight the many different facets of their personality.

When something is described as complicated it implies entropy. It seems that complications are extremely difficult to fully control. Someone who is complicated may not have full control or understanding of the many facets of their personality and emotions.

These are the two connotations that pop into my head, regardless of the dictionary definition.
I'm complicated

Old 12-10-2013, 12:08 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,482,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentat View Post
In your opinion, what's the difference between complicated and complex people?

I think "complicated" has a negative connotation--like difficult, but "complex" is more positive, like sophisticated.

What are your thoughts?
My thought is that most people are much less complicated (or complex) then they think they are. People like to believe they are complex; in reality, most people are pretty simple. If you take into account the desires for sex, money and ego gratification, you've pretty much nailed 85% of what motivates most people.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:10 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Insanity View Post
Complex people are hard to understand but worth figuring out. Complicated people are not worth figuring out.
Great answer

Old 09-02-2015, 10:57 AM

1 posts, read 676 times
I have been described as a 'complex' person by someone who does not know me very well. What do you think he means by this. I think he means I am not an 'easy lay' but could be wrong. By the way, I am female ( nit that that matters!) just a statement.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:49 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Both can be pitas.

Old 09-02-2015, 11:22 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
complicated is high maintenance, difficult, exhausting, red flags, problems, issues, makes the relationship worse, the more you find out about them the less you like it

complex is intriguing, interesting, attractive, inviting, surprising in a nice way, hidden treasure, makes the relationship better, you want to get to know the person more, you like them better the more time you spend with them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships