Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Men, Do You Get Rejected By Most Women You Ask Out ?
YES 69 58.47%
NO 49 41.53%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 10:26 AM

156 posts, read 260,221 times

Advertisements

yes.

out of the last 8 girls i asked out, only 1 was interested in me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 10:49 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,746,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Gentlemen, if you go through life asking women you've never seen before for sex, you are going to be rejected most of the time (unless she is in the business).

A couple of facts for you, put them together and draw a conclusion:

Most women don't want to have sex with a total stranger. No woman is going to assume that a bloke who offers to buy her a drink in a bar is looking for a long term committed relationship.

If you really do want a relationship, stop asking in bars. If all you want is no strings attached sex, expect a lot of rejection.
Just because someone asks you out or shows interests doesn't always mean sex is on the mind. Further, now ive asked this question before, but got no response, but when did the desire to have sex become a bad thing? No offence but the last i check sex was a two way street. A guy isn't getting any unless you ladies say yes and vice versa. So why the attitude of its bad?

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 10-27-2013 at 11:01 AM..

Old 10-27-2013, 12:34 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,984,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Gentlemen, if you go through life asking women you've never seen before for sex, you are going to be rejected most of the time (unless she is in the business).

A couple of facts for you, put them together and draw a conclusion:

Most women don't want to have sex with a total stranger. No woman is going to assume that a bloke who offers to buy her a drink in a bar is looking for a long term committed relationship.

If you really do want a relationship, stop asking in bars. If all you want is no strings attached sex, expect a lot of rejection.
I really wanted to be a complete jackass to this post, and I took the time to write out a long-winded paragraph explaining why this post is terrible, but I guess I'm just not feeling like that post was good enough for me, because it wasn't witty enough and just being a jackass alone just isn't enough for me to let it go through today.

So, I'm just going to state that wherever I went and I hit on a girl, there was never any intentions of looking for casual sex, even in bars, and I offered to buy women drinks.

I will say that the most common place to meet women where i live is in a bar, and there are many, many bars to choose from. Sure there's places to go out to do your chores at like grocery stores or the shoe store or the barber shop, and you can approach and speak to women there, but you have a much smaller window, and she is less likely to be interested in being approached by a guy in these places whereas a bar is more casual and open to people looking to shoot the breeze, let loose after a long day's work or looking to talk to people, and I'd much rather talk to someone in a place where they are much more likely to accept a conversation from a potential total stranger than some place where they're transfixed on getting in and out as quickly as they can.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 10-27-2013, 12:44 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,910,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
When you approach women, do you get rejected more times than not ?

no

Old 10-27-2013, 12:47 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,910,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I really wanted to be a complete jackass to this post, and I took the time to write out a long-winded paragraph explaining why this post is terrible, but I guess I'm just not feeling like that post was good enough for me, because it wasn't witty enough and just being a jackass alone just isn't enough for me to let it go through today.

So, I'm just going to state that wherever I went and I hit on a girl, there was never any intentions of looking for casual sex, even in bars, and I offered to buy women drinks.

I will say that the most common place to meet women where i live is in a bar, and there are many, many bars to choose from. Sure there's places to go out to do your chores at like grocery stores or the shoe store or the barber shop, and you can approach and speak to women there, but you have a much smaller window, and she is less likely to be interested in being approached by a guy in these places whereas a bar is more casual and open to people looking to shoot the breeze, let loose after a long day's work or looking to talk to people, and I'd much rather talk to someone in a place where they are much more likely to accept a conversation from a potential total stranger than some place where they're transfixed on getting in and out as quickly as they can.

Just my 2 cents.

It's a common misconception that meeting a person in a bar is a bad place to meet someone. A bar isn't a place that terrible people go to, a bar is a place where NORMAL people go to hang out with their friends. There will be all sorts of people there, from trashy to great people. It's just a matter of who you meet. You could meet a terrible person at church or an awesome person in the bar, it's luck of the draw.. you just never know.

Old 10-27-2013, 12:54 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,640,424 times
I like getting rejected nothing more satisfying then becoming successful and showing some one what they could of had .

Old 10-27-2013, 01:00 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,827,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
It's a common misconception that meeting a person in a bar is a bad place to meet someone. A bar isn't a place that terrible people go to, a bar is a place where NORMAL people go to hang out with their friends. There will be all sorts of people there, from trashy to great people. It's just a matter of who you meet. You could meet a terrible person at church or an awesome person in the bar, it's luck of the draw.. you just never know.
This is what I say too. A couple of friends work for a tv network and they were at the bar.

Old 10-27-2013, 01:05 PM

13 posts, read 23,912 times
Yes. I think i´m going for the total babe, and that is mabye to high standards for me.

Think i´ll lover ny standars and mayby be more lucky in the futere.

Old 10-27-2013, 01:24 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,504,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Good for you. I don't give up but yah my confidence is low, i wish i could tell you of what happened to the last two wahine i was interestted in before these two you would understand. Crazy bruhdah.
Are you a male or female?

Old 10-27-2013, 01:34 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,746,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Are you a male or female?
Im male bruddah.

Wahine is female in Olelo Hawai'i. Sorry forget not everyone speak or understand pidgin or Hawai'ian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships