Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Men, Do You Get Rejected By Most Women You Ask Out ?
YES 69 58.47%
NO 49 41.53%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 12:37 PM

950 posts, read 1,515,406 times

Advertisements

Judging by the poll results, I am surprised at how many men here are being honest and admitting that they have bad luck with picking up women.

I was expecting like over 90% of men in here to choose the "NO" option in this poll, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 12:59 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
I didn't do a lot of dating which other guys do.

I asked a few girls out in the building I worked and never got a No. But before I could do anything, I'd be in a higher paying job in another state

There was a No only once, and that was coz she was married LMAO. Stupid me, it was embarrassing I didn't get to research before I approached.

I went on a few dates from match.com three years ago, and nothing went well coz I was stupid, but not that I care. One girl was irritated I shook her hands and left when I said goodbye and she expected something romantic. She didn't get that I was having a huge cultural divide.

Then this other girl suggested that we go back to her place after the second date. I had driven to Boulder all the way from Denver in Colorado. She said her roommate is out so she has the whole house. So she took me to her house and sat me on her couch and we started discussing Ayn Rand, and then Apple computers and then I told her I had to drive all the way back to Denver in the dark and I was clearly nervous, I'm not a good night time driver. But little did I know she was having something in mind...... like I said, this is why I get accused of being a dork. Anyway, the whole time my mind was on running into an accident on E-485 and dealing with cops and insurance.

A month later she called me a clueless "raincoat", and that's when it dawned on me that I was expected to do something that night

I get it now. Which girl would take a guy to her house. It's mostly the guys who press the women to get back to their place. And this is where it's bizarre, I gave the girl a discourse on Ayn Rand and world politics, a passionate discourse for 45 minutes and then she showed off her Apple computers and she spent 15 minutes showing me around her book shelf.... and I still didn't get it

When I think back it makes me laugh hysterically.

Anyway, a few months later, another girl approached me and I'm permanently off the dating scene. Thank goodness. I slowly disappeared from the Ayn Rand girl and I have also left CO. If she knows I'm about to get married, she will be irritated coz I never got her signals.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:05 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
And there was another girl in the same office I worked in CO. She was an atheist and I eventually couldn't get myself to continue. After I told her I love Jesus more, we'd have these cafeteria wars where she will avoid my food time and my table area in the cafeteria. It was awkward

Old 05-15-2011, 01:09 PM

404 posts, read 701,635 times
Themanwithnoname, I get what you are saying and it's good advice. You might think I am just being negative and I am not willing to put the effort to approach women or to improve myself. Let me show you where I come from:

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n519/mugencarra/Cambio-900.jpg (broken link)

Left pictures are 3 years ago, right 1 year ago. As you can see I improved myself in many ways: lost weight, gained confidence, made new friends, dressed better, learned to dance salsa, etc.

I have no problem to make friends or talk to women. I can dance or talk to strangers without any alcohol (that's already more confidence than many men)... Not to toot my own horn, but you get the idea. Now, did women react to that and start seeing me as more than a friend? Not in the slightest.

However you have mentioned something that I have thinking for quite a while: being fit, or ripped, makes a whole lot of difference. It's the one single thing I can find common to all guys I have known good with women: some were not handsome, some were not very funny but all of them were fit.

If you need further proof about this, you have thousands (literally) of people sharing their experiences here:
Were you treated differently after losing alot of weight? - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Old 05-15-2011, 01:20 PM

629 posts, read 1,233,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
haha, most military men know how to approach women, it comes with the mentality you guys have (now relationships...hmm..that's another story ). Good luck teaching the civilians how to do it.
I have to agree with this. The military certainly helped me out when it came to approaching women. I'm not sure about military women though.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:26 PM

Carra what is your ethnicity ?

Old 05-15-2011, 01:33 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,410,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carra View Post
Themanwithnoname, I get what you are saying and it's good advice. You might think I am just being negative and I am not willing to put the effort to approach women or to improve myself. Let me show you where I come from:

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n519/mugencarra/Cambio-900.jpg (broken link)

Left pictures are 3 years ago, right 1 year ago. As you can see I improved myself in many ways: lost weight, gained confidence, made new friends, dressed better, learned to dance salsa, etc.

I have no problem to make friends or talk to women. I can dance or talk to strangers without any alcohol (that's already more confidence than many men)... Not to toot my own horn, but you get the idea. Now, did women react to that and start seeing me as more than a friend? Not in the slightest.

However you have mentioned something that I have thinking for quite a while: being fit, or ripped, makes a whole lot of difference. It's the one single thing I can find common to all guys I have known good with women: some were not handsome, some were not very funny but all of them were fit.

If you need further proof about this, you have thousands (literally) of people sharing their experiences here:
Were you treated differently after losing alot of weight? - Bodybuilding.com Forums
carra, you look charming..are you boring or something? I don't believe you fail with every last woman!

Old 05-15-2011, 01:39 PM

404 posts, read 701,635 times
Tiger: I live in Spain, so I guess I am Spanish??

mir86: Thank you! Keep in mind however that these are selected photos. I am not going to post the bad ones on the internet haha ;P But don't think I am as good looking as the pictures show.

Actually I have never been able to know why I am rejected, but I still am. I have spoken with female friends, i have watched videos of myself, but I don't see the big turn-off that accounts for so bad luck... other than maybe physical condition, which I am taking care of now.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:59 PM

So women in Spain are just as shallow as women in America.

Old 05-15-2011, 03:06 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
No, but I don't ask someone out unless I think that I have a decent chance, otherwise it's just wasted effort.
Same here. I think if you're someone who gets rejected a lot, then you need to ask yourself if you're approaching the right kind of people. Nowadays, I don't ask out anyone unless I think we have enough in common and there's a sign of mutual interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships