Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At the age of 18, am I worrying too much about this?
YES, you should have a girlfriend by this time, what are you doing wrong? 5 10.42%
NO, calm down calm down 43 89.58%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 12:32 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times

Advertisements

I don't see why everyone cares so much, I never gave a crap. Seriously, have fun with being single and doing whatever you want. Instead of worrying about a girlfriend, just go out and try to pick up some ladies at a bar or party. Quit being such a girl and have fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 01:56 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,056 times
I did not get laid until I was 22. The lack of sex was frustrating but not being on 16 and pregnant and being able to get an engineering degree was probably a good trade off.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:04 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,972,545 times
Dude don't rush it but keep thinking about it. My buddy is 24 and he still hasn't done anything with a chick other than going to a strip club, its very disturbing. We are starting to think he's gay. Not that theres anything wrong with that but he is a very homophobic. Plus, hes not really religious either so we don't get why he's afraid of vagina.

I had a GF and lost my virginity at 16. It took me almost 2 years after the first chick to find another one willing to ride me.

Just keep at it man. You kinda have to have that annoying attitude those dudes at the mall who work at kiosks have. Just bug the hell out of every chick you are attracted. Keep yourself in shape and don't look like a complete loser, you'll be fine.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:45 AM

97 posts, read 145,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorhe33 View Post
I dont think you should panick but ur definitely finding excuses for why you havent got a girlfriend. The real reason is probably because your introverted and not very sociable/interesting.
No, if you were to go to my high school you would look at the girls and nearly puke. I will come across as racist with this but none of the Black girls in my high school looked good at all, now personality whatever but looks are a part of the equation. If I am obese and don't care of myself, I don't expect for women to come running to me or even give me a chance unless I have tons of other stuff to make up for it.

As for not having anything to do, there is literally nothing to do in my town, hence, why I am moving out soon enough.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:35 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDude1 View Post
I have had two chances, one with a girl who asked me out but I haven't been seeing her that much. Another one is with this other guy who is a senior and only has one more semester left.
Are you bisexual? That should expand your dating pool a bit...

Old 05-15-2011, 09:15 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times
Do notice if any girls have crushes on you?

Do you feel uncomfortable around girls?

Do you have an age you'd like to be married by?

Old 05-15-2011, 01:02 PM

2,596 posts, read 5,582,300 times
Quote:
No, if you were to go to my high school you would look at the girls and nearly puke. I will come across as racist with this but none of the Black girls in my high school looked good at all, now personality whatever but looks are a part of the equation. If I am obese and don't care of myself, I don't expect for women to come running to me or even give me a chance unless I have tons of other stuff to make up for it.

As for not having anything to do, there is literally nothing to do in my town, hence, why I am moving out soon enough.
Well, let's put this shoe on the other foot, shall we? You didn't find the girls in your high school attractive. That's fair enough. Attraction can't be faked. Of course, now you're not getting any attention from girls in college, so perhaps you're coming off about as attractive to them as the high school girls were to you?

Attraction is about more than just looks. They may not like your attitude, or something in your manner around them may be a turn-off. No, I wouldn't panic about not having a girlfriend, but if it's a goal of yours, I would do some personal inventory. You may need to question whether aspects of your personality need work, and/or your appearance. You also need to figure out a way to expand your interests and social circle. I hear a lot of excuses for why you haven't had success:

-High school too small
-Girls the wrong race for me
-Commuter college
-One girl graduating in a semester
-Nothing to do here

...the people who find success dating stop making excuses for why they're failing and instead work around them to find solutions. Maybe you need to join some more groups, network, make new friends, volunteer. You need to do something differently from what you're doing now, or you will likely continue having the same results you've had up until now. Your choice.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:10 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Alright, champs, I have to say that jgamibi, headhunter18, abide32, clockjitter, mrdude1 and sandybreeze are the same person.

Don't feed him. It's an 18 year old kid who is going through some personal issues. And the rest of us don't need to aggravate it. Please stop contributing to this vicious cycle.

Old 05-15-2011, 03:10 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,927,776 times
Quote:

Join some clubs and events on campus. Thats a good way to get involved and meet some people.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:55 AM

97 posts, read 145,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorhe33 View Post
Join some clubs and events on campus. Thats a good way to get involved and meet some people.
Unfortunately that is very tough to do in my area, I don't live in NYC or even a decent sized city. On my college campus you have a broad variety of ages but 30 year olds coming back to school to finish their education are quite common. I plan on transferring out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships