Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At the age of 18, am I worrying too much about this?
YES, you should have a girlfriend by this time, what are you doing wrong? 5 10.42%
NO, calm down calm down 43 89.58%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 01:56 PM

15 posts, read 32,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post
If you want to date someone, what you need to do is stop making excuses.
Exactly Ask yourself: What have I ever done so far? Imagine you were not even going to a coed High. Imagine there wasn't even bars close to you. Come on with it, man Go out there, and make a move. Hard? Yep. Especially at first. But if you're waiting for girls to come to you won't get anywhere not now not in a million years. Funny thing is that one of your chances has been the girl that has ASKED YOU OUT. Dude, I'd be wetting my jockies for that kind of opportunity. And what was your answer again? "Mehhh ... I'm not seeing her much" D'oh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 02:33 PM

97 posts, read 145,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
No is what most people here are gonna tell you, and usually while mentioning that 18 is nothing and blah blah blah. These people have forgotten the the old gender roles from the 1940s-1980s do not apply anymore. It's a tougher market now.

But it's really impossible to tell, It could be you aren't gonna get anywhere with women and you are right to panic, or your first girlfriend could be just around the corner.

But if you are starting to feel stressed about, and you feel doubts about whether or not you are going to have the ability to sparks girls interests around you, then yes there is every reason to worry, because it doesn't change.

I see plenty of guys all around me who can scrape up a threesome on a tuesdaynight, but for every one of those there are also guys who went past 18 with no girlfriend, got to 20 still no girl trying to understand what's wrong, 25 and had the ocational spark but nothing really went anywhere, 30 years old and still have nothing but memories about that one or 2 girls they somehow managed to bed over the years, and still no clue about what to do about their chronic loneliness.

Just be honest with yourself these 3 questions;
*If you were to take a month long trip, is there more or less than 3 female friends who would consider being traveling companions, no strings attached or implied?
*If you invited 30 female friends to a party, would more than 10 likely come?
*Do your female friends take subtle physical contact with you more than once a week in average?

If you answer no to 2 or 3 of these questions then you do not project the kind of aura around you that women seek, because female friends will behave in certain ways if you are eligible and in other ways if you aren't.
If your female friends treat you the same way as your male friends do it means they are so platonic that you are hardly even considered a male in their eyes and subsequently the eyes of other women.

I had a girl ask me what I was doing the coming weekend, I told her "what do ya wanna do?", she said watch a movie and I said okay. Well three minutes later she tells me she is gonna be busy. Seriously.

Old 05-16-2011, 03:10 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,615 times
Once is nothing, look at how the vast majority of women act towards you, and how they acto to someone you know doesn't have problems finding someone.(doesn't mean it has to be a ladies man, but you know the kind...)

If they will find excuses to pass from seeing you, then you know you have to change something.

Old 05-16-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Once is nothing, look at how the vast majority of women act towards you, and how they acto to someone you know doesn't have problems finding someone.(doesn't mean it has to be a ladies man, but you know the kind...)

If they will find excuses to pass from seeing you, then you know you have to change something.
Hard to determine, a large number of girls in my area are taken, they haven't told me this but it says so on their facebook. Also, a lot of women talk to me before I say anything to them, does that mean they are worried about me or what?

Old 05-16-2011, 03:41 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDude1 View Post
Hard to determine, a large number of girls in my area are taken, they haven't told me this but it says so on their facebook. Also, a lot of women talk to me before I say anything to them, does that mean they are worried about me or what?
If they are approaching you for having a chat or whatever then that's a huge positive...

Whether a woman is taken or not is insignificant she will unconsciously see other men as eligible regardless of a boyfriend, and behave different to men she considers "eligible" as opposed to those who she thinks are just random dudes or "the proprietary blend" of sexually non-interesting men.(unless her boyfriend is in her physical vicinity)

Women usually hug you when they meet you right? doesn't matter if they have boyfriends or not they still hug for saying "hello" as long as you're outside of a formal institution. (at least they do here)
With other words a certain ammount of closeness is considered "OK".
Do they act within the "OK"-zone or do they keep their hands away?

Personally I can notice a difference in between 2 nights out. A night when i feel great and behave correctly my female friends will be more prone to hugs, sitting in my lap, touch my arms, whatever. But when I'm not "in touch" with peoples vibes around me, I'll notice that women, even female friends will avoid(or more correctly put not seek being close to me) my personal space etc, and that's when you know you might as well go home.

I'm don't know if I'm getting my point across here, but basically you can use women who you know aren't even interested or might even be taken to determine if you're behaving "right" to be eligible in the eyes of women.

Oh and another thing; all good women are always taken, don't punish her body with the absence of your male-parts just because some dude is holding her back, at least give the girl a shot at you :P

Old 05-16-2011, 04:06 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,806,411 times
You did yourself a favor at this age by not having one.

Old 05-16-2011, 04:27 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,996,132 times
I think you should start. Don't listen to anyone who says you should pick up hobbies and start living life. They are fools. They do things to attract the opposite sex so its not like they like their hobbies or anything. What you should do is talk with women, but first listen to how successful men talk with women. Then repeat what they say.

Old 05-16-2011, 04:31 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,996,132 times
Quote:

Oh and another thing; all good women are always taken, don't punish her body with the absence of your male-parts just because some dude is holding her back, at least give the girl a shot at you :P
All good women are taken?

I don't know what to say to that. Most of the time its true but you would be surprised.

Old 05-16-2011, 04:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,080 times
You shouldnt be worried.Thing like dating take time.You can't rush stuff like that because you might be in a relationship that isn't for you or you might meet a person that you can't stand

Old 05-16-2011, 04:53 PM

Here is the huge X factor and why I want to move. Quite honestly, I am not into Anglo White women or Black women. Notice I said Anglo White women, that means Southern European women are okay as long as they have those beautiful dark features.

Thing is I have a type. It varies but I want her to have the Black hair, maybe brown, tanned skin and that is about it. Basically, I love Latin, Middle Eastern, and Southern European women a lot (some Southern European women that is).

I just don't see myself being attracted to other ladies and sure, crucify me for this if you must but it isn't changing my preference and you will be wasting your time. Also, people down here are pretty racist, if they see me holding hands with a White woman, lets say it won't be greeted with hugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships