Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 08:37 AM

881 posts, read 1,114,752 times

Advertisements

Any ex players out there who stopped playing when the right girl came around? OR out of al honesty is the saying true, once a player, allways a player??

Maybe what a lot of us females consider "playing" is the guys version of "dating" and fishing around for the right one???

Give me your expert advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 08:39 AM

1,549 posts, read 4,264,333 times
I think when a man or woman is tired of playing that they will eventually hang up their hat when they find the right one. In essence, I guess we all are players in a sense that we won't settle until we find the right one. I know of a man that was a playboy back in the day but he's older now and finally decided to get it together.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:40 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,992,101 times
seen it happen with a buddy of mine, but it wasn't so much that he was a player, he just dated girls that didn't have self respect and he didn't show them respect and he did whatever he wanted

now he's with a girl who didn't take his **** and he's probably going to end up marrying her

in reality, most people don't change

Old 04-15-2011, 08:43 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,785,471 times
"Player" has different definitions, so I'm not sure what you mean, but the "bad boy with a heart of gold, tamed by his love of the right woman" theme is the plot for about every romance novel there is.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:46 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,837,417 times
STDs

Old 04-15-2011, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
seen it happen with a buddy of mine, but it wasn't so much that he was a player, he just dated girls that didn't have self respect and he didn't show them respect and he did whatever he wanted

now he's with a girl who didn't take his **** and he's probably going to end up marrying her

in reality, most people don't change
Did your buddy change though??

I can see the girls with no self respect before me as well... I am also the girl who won't put up with any crap.... and I overheard him tell his sister he wants to marry me..

I also overheard him tell the ex flings he is a "dad now"...made me roflma... and when my sixyear old went up and interupted her trying to talk to him, my guy said "yes mybeautiful son" right in front of her....lmao...

All the sighs say he is changed, but I just don't understand why a guy who has young floozies throwing themselves at him non stop, would pick me.... I am a tad baffled....

Old 04-15-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
Did your buddy change though??

I can see the girls with no self respect before me as well... I am also the girl who won't put up with any crap.... and I overheard him tell his sister he wants to marry me..

I also overheard him tell the ex flings he is a "dad now"...made me roflma... and when my sixyear old went up and interupted her trying to talk to him, my guy said "yes mybeautiful son" right in front of her....lmao...

All the sighs say he is changed, but I just don't understand why a guy who has young floozies throwing themselves at him non stop, would pick me.... I am a tad baffled....
You have to be secure in yourself. Obviously he sees something special in you. Embrace that. If he is telling people he is a dad now, telling his sister he wants to marry you then the man is serious. I know this feeling and just be happy about it.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKLO View Post
I think when a man or woman is tired of playing that they will eventually hang up their hat when they find the right one. In essence, I guess we all are players in a sense that we won't settle until we find the right one. I know of a man that was a playboy back in the day but he's older now and finally decided to get it together.

Yeah, he told me I am the one, and he knows he could never be with anyone else again now....

I was kinda embarrassed when I saw what he was like before me... tried to break up with him quite a few times because I was a bit ashamed...

But he won't seem to let me go. He has his whole family and all of his friends making me stick around, no matter how many times I have tried to bail now.

I am actually starting to trust this.... weird for me.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
"Player" has different definitions, so I'm not sure what you mean, but the "bad boy with a heart of gold, tamed by his love of the right woman" theme is the plot for about every romance novel there is.
True I guess..... sometimes it is hard tobelieve it might be MY turn to finally "settle down".

Old 04-15-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
Yeah, he told me I am the one, and he knows he could never be with anyone else again now....

I was kinda embarrassed when I saw what he was like before me... tried to break up with him quite a few times because I was a bit ashamed...

But he won't seem to let me go. He has his whole family and all of his friends making me stick around, no matter how many times I have tried to bail now.

I am actually starting to trust this.... weird for me.
You gotta ask yourself why you want to bail...are you scared??? Think about it. He is obviously in to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships