Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 03:45 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,309,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
If I read some of her posts correctly, she feels like she REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY loves him, she's already emotional, she's probably going to go through with it with this guy, and regret it much later, especially if the guy up and leaves her.

Dump this guy. Wait for the right one to come along, one who will give love no matter how long the relationship goes without sex. Hell, sex shouldn't be the reason you love someone anyway.

Way to go Frog!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 04:16 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,718,698 times
Why don't we get a "gentleman's" view on this topic. It would be interesting to hear what "GENTLEMEN" think about the situation. Me? Personally? I think she should have broke it off with the guy the very minute he confessed to having a girlfriend. The first "off again" episode should have been the end. He DID split up with her..I"m sure, just long enough to get laid, then back to her he went again...scratching and panting at the door. His ultimate goal is to pop her cherry. Unfortunately, there was something about her that kept her opening the door when he'd return. Some people just have an affinity for strays I guess.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:53 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,676,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Of course, we are serious. No one, man or woman, should have sex if they don't want to. It is manipulation to try to guilt someone into doing something they don't want to do. He should leave, if he can't wait. She is better off without him.

Amazing that some here are having a hard time grasping this very basic, adult concept

Old 05-21-2011, 09:49 PM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Quote:
Of course, we are serious. No one, man or woman, should have sex if they don't want to. It is manipulation to try to guilt someone into doing something they don't want to do. He should leave, if he can't wait. She is better off without him.
Good post....

Very good post.......

Old 05-22-2011, 12:16 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
My 2 cents..

A guy that age that is sexually active is most likely not going to hang around for 9 sexless months with someone unless they are getting it on the side. Or if they were just absolutely head over heels in love, which does not seem to be the case here at all. My guess is that he was hanging around trying to see if he could take your virginity and got tired of waiting so he tried to force the issue.

No big loss, he sounds like a big ahole. If he knew you a virgin at the beginning of the relationship and that it was important to you, then he should have made the decision at that time.
I agree. I have a friend who was a virgin for a long time. She was dating this guy whom everyone else on the planet could see was just a smooth talker. She had a decent job and a car, and he didn't, for starters. We used to all bowl together, and he would call her at the alley (pre-cell-phone days) to "just say hello". To everyone else, he was just making sure she was THERE so he could go about his other business.

Of course he was screwing around with other women, and it turned out he had a big-time coke habit, too.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:38 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,987,260 times
Quote:
Way to go Frog!

You know that even when my mind is in the gutter, it isn't always making sex jokes, right?

Old 05-22-2011, 08:19 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,309,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
You know that even when my mind is in the gutter, it isn't always making sex jokes, right?

I know...I just like teasing you.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:14 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,757,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
He sounds really selfish.

Let him leave. I know it will hurt you really bad but if he is that demanding now then later on it will only get worse.

Get someone that has your same views and respects your wishes.

Please don't give in to this selfish guy. He will disappoint you really bad. I can even see him leaving you AFTER you let him have sex with you.

Cherish your virginity. There are guys out there that will respect you and even wait till marriage. Find one of those guys.
^^
Excellent advice in the post above, as is much of the advice from the other posters on this thread. If you feel strongly about waiting until *you* feel it's the right time for *you*, you have every right to feel that way, and he is being totally disrespectful of your beliefs if /he can't accept of understand that, in my humble opinion.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:54 PM

41 posts, read 84,486 times
He said he's been skipping work for three weeks and he can't do it anymore. He said we are not really helping each other by seeing each other. He said he can't place me at first place and he has to place his work first now (by flirting/looking for sex with other girls). Two days after we stopped seeing each other, he already met up with someone. He went out three times with her, even though I was crying so hard and telling him it really bothered me. He still went to see her anyways. Then now he told me the girl he was seeing was actually only leading him on, she was a lesbian. He told me I need to make up my mind. He said whether he deserves sex or not, I should let him know.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:59 PM

41 posts, read 84,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortimerC View Post
Oh shush, you can get a disease with ANYONE whose been sexually active. The difference is most men wouldn't wait 9 months for a chick. You're being ridiculous.

And if i'm reading the thread he DID walk away. the guy has done everything right in my eyes so far. I'm surprised he was honest enough to give her a chance. Most dudes woulda dumped her and not said why.

If she doesn't trust him. Why are you blaming him, he's ready, she's not...why is she complaining then, she shoulda ended the relationship. She says she "loves" him but she doesn't act like it. I'd put it all on the line too if I liked her.

You are demonizing the guy for being honest. What is wrong with the world? he told her he had a gf, he told her he had an open relationship, he told her he wanted sex.
How is he waiting for 9 months when the first four months he was in a relationship (a sexual one) with ANOTHER GIRL, huh???!!!!!! Then how can you call that waiting when he had sex with another woman at the end of December? And how do you call that waiting when he keeps flirting around even he's not having sex????!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships