Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 09:14 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Heh, how come you didn't post such a "general" thread at some other time?!

Well...I already said I was inspired by Arnolds's situation, but I didn't want to just talk about him. The thread is about ANY man who finds himself in such a mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 07:17 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,797,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
By no stretch of the imagination is does this woman come out looking good (no pun intended),but she wasn't the person who took the vows with Maria. Also to all the ladies out there hating on Maria, really it's Marias' fault cause she is too thin or is a cold fish? Really?It just proves women are our own worst enemies! There has to be fault on the woman side it just can't be that the man just lacks character to either resist the offer or leave the marriage!Wow!
Yes, Arnold brought this woman into their marriage. You are correct. Here's the thing. This heffa see me everything. Smiling in my face. 20 years of service -- she's one of the family. Basically, I'm paying this heffa to care for my kids and bang my husband. You're on dangerous ground to sleep with someone's spouse and shake their hand. That's total disrepect. A call for me to find my jeans and sneakers.

I agree with you...hateful hateful hateful women. These are bitter women in bad marriages or relationships. Misery loves company. No one deserve this pain.

Last edited by Childfree35; 05-19-2011 at 07:54 AM..

Old 05-19-2011, 07:23 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,797,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post

YouTube - **** Just Got Real HD

LMAO!!!! I'm sorry I had to. this is the comment of the year.
Hilarious!!!

Tell your driver to pull the car around. Oh, after I kick the crap outta her, then the church. Yes ma'am. Thanks James.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:28 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,772,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
This sort of thing always floors me. Why would anyone in the public eye think they could just slide through this with no one being the wiser? You have to know it's going to come out at some inconvenient moment.

This often occurs when a person reaches such high status in life coupled with unlimited wealth and power ; many such people believe they are beyond civil laws and even moral laws . A good word for it is : Entitle-itis . Its the epitomie of narcissism....to the point where not even ones own family is considered due to the fallout which always follows. Sexual immorality leaves devastation in its wake no matter who the person is --- even if you are the worlds Terminator.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:38 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
This often occurs when a person reaches such high status in life coupled with unlimited wealth and power ; many such people believe they are beyond civil laws and even moral laws . A good word for it is : Entitle-itis . Its the epitomie of narcissism....to the point where not even ones own family is considered due to the fallout which always follows. Sexual immorality leaves devastation in its wake no matter who the person is --- even if you are the worlds Terminator.

Completely agree about the wealth and power thing - some men are just very corrupted by it all.

But plenty of other regular guys do this too, like our poster JeepGirls father. (post #7)

Are they all just egomaniacs who want what they want and damn the consequences?

Or do you suppose some of them just panic and hide the truth so as not to lose their families?

Old 05-19-2011, 09:02 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,772,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Completely agree about the wealth and power thing - some men are just very corrupted by it all.

But plenty of other regular guys do this too, like our poster JeepGirls father. (post #7)

Are they all just egomaniacs who want what they want and damn the consequences?

Or do you suppose some of them just panic and hide the truth so as not to lose their families?
Both. They feel they are above moral culpability , are willing to suppress their God given moral conscience to satisfy their lusts , and feel they can get away with it by manipulating any potential fallout. In fact, such people will go to great lengths at justifying their actions by blaming others or by using scapegoat tactics like even pretending there is no personal Creator to be responsible to and thus no absolute moral laws. This is the willful deciet and wickedness the human heart has ... pride and rebellion at the core of ones being. We see this being played out in many facets of society today.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:23 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
This sort of thing always floors me. Why would anyone in the public eye think they could just slide through this with no one being the wiser? You have to know it's going to come out at some inconvenient moment.
Exactly. I am always surprised as well ... surprised that anyone still could be that naive. Of course people are going to find out, you dummy.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:05 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Hold the phone! I've no reason to hate or love Maria or anybody else involved. We were comparing the appearance of both women.

I'm not into this type myself.
I never thought much about him, either, and I've never seen any of his movies except for "Twins". But he stepped out of that car in his black suit and made an imposing appearance. I was actually kind of surprised because I'd remember seeing pictures on some supermarket mag before that where he looked tired and fat.

Maybe it's just what a good suit can do, hehehe.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:24 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Early on. Think of how this kid will feel when he/she is older and discovers that their father kept them as a dirty little secret from the world.
This child will probably feel very.................RICH!

Old 05-19-2011, 10:38 AM

402 posts, read 1,406,309 times
Red face :( I understand, but it WAS WRONG: deception, betrayal, and shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
. . .

So, here's my question...do you think men in this position are better off coming clean early on - or do you understand them sitting on it, forever if possible, in order to keep their family together?
In light of Arnold and Maria's public issue, I'll base this on their situation, but it applies to all.

While I do understand the motives of "keeping the family intact", it was totally unfair to the 'love child" who was NOT treated as a child, but a source of embarrassment to be hidden from the siblings.

If you tell a lie and soon confess, it may be forgiven.

If you tell and lie and then tell a million more to hide the first lie you will have little chance of forgiveness.

As for the children: It may have been possible to get past this and have a relationship with each other IF things were out in the open long enough.

Because the lie was protected and the mother worked for the family for so many years there will be a strong and bitter sense of betrayal, much more than if the secret was unveiled years ago.

I feel sorry for Maria and ALL of the children.

Last edited by Justin Time; 05-19-2011 at 10:48 AM.. Reason: addition
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships