Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do White males have an advantage when it comes to dating and marrying out?
yes 28 47.46%
no 31 52.54%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 05:39 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,310,461 times

Advertisements

My experience with this is that Asian guys tend to be a bit more macho after the relationship is established, and they do not get along with me. I'm not traditional enough, cute enough, or ladylike enough to fit their "ideal" image. And they are easily intimidated by a tall and loud Asian woman. So too bad Asian man! It is your loss... I will date whomever I get along with and most of the time it is not Asian... I have no preference for any race. Whites are kind of at the bottom of the totem pole in terms of looks for me... but it is a numbers game, there are many more white people around here so obviously it's easier to date a white dude. Plus if Asian men are passive / weak / dorky in asking girls out (which happens a lot) then they can't go blaming the white guys for their own shortcomings.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:07 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Why does the same guy post the same thread question almost every other week?

The search function might be helpful to search the forums to see if this question has been answered.

I know this question has been answered about as many times in as many different ways as it has been asked.
Thinking the same thing...^^

Old 05-17-2011, 06:28 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Yeah this is played out in many a thread. I don't see White men having any real advantages amongst the mostly Profesional people I know. I see some changing trends and some people being specific about the race of the woman or men they date, but nothing to get hung up on.

Just a microcosym in my world but my friends who run the gamit from Native American to Asian to Black to White to mixed (white/Asian, Mex/White, Black/White etc). Some are more stereotypical than others and we all make jokes about our ethnic back grounds or mixed ethnic backgrounds from time to time. Since nerdiness is in, formally non hot nerdy Asian guys are now much more popular! The Asian guys arent so passive and typically date everyone but Asian and Black girls. The Asian girls seem to mostly go for the White, and Black guys. The hispanic guys and girls seem to bounce between Hispanic and White. Lately, quite a few Black woman with white guys in addition to the White woman who are seeing Black men. All seems to be going well

Old 05-17-2011, 06:31 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
White men are the best lovers

They do something that most races don't want to do.....

Old 05-17-2011, 06:39 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
in my case "LATINA GIRLS" have the advantage because they tend sooooooooo SPICY!!!!

Old 05-17-2011, 06:47 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
White men are the best lovers

They do something that most races don't want to do.....
How about a 600$ Dooney & Burke handbag

Old 05-17-2011, 07:01 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,780,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDude1 View Post
In the US that is.

Usually all stereotypes of White males are positive. In movies they are the Prince Charmings, the Superheros, the hard working doctors, the bright scientists, and the cool guys. .[/b]
Really? Apparently you don't watch sitcoms or TV commercials, because most white guys are depicted as inept cuckolds who are afraid of their wives and emasculated in front of the children. Or they're depicted as hipster pansies or sappy Dr. Phil types.

I don't think white guys have any special advantage in regard to dating. That doesn't mean there aren't any social taboos remaining or prejudice, but the playing field is wide open and it's more about how you carry yourself and present yourself. If you think of yourself as inferior to some other race it will likely show in your demeanor.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:03 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times
Yes, white men are at an advantage when it comes to dating or marrying inter-racially, at least in the US. Here in the US, they are the "dominant culture" and as such when they date someone of a different race, it is more likely to be assumed that he is doing it for reasons of attraction (or that he just damn well feels like it). But for instance, compare that to a man of color who only dates white women. Most people who think out it will figure, he's got some personal issues at work.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:43 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,883,560 times
Okcupid has a really interesting blog where they data mine their population and then talk about it, and they've discussed this issue in depth.

Google oktrends and take a look at the actual numbers if you're curious. Although of course their population is probably not a random sample of the general U.S. population but still interesting.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:48 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
How about a 600$ Dooney & Burke handbag
Darn tried to rep you for that! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships