Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do White males have an advantage when it comes to dating and marrying out?
yes 28 47.46%
no 31 52.54%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 05:55 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Those are few and far between. A majority of black women will date black men, a majority of white women will date white men, etc. You are taking the random sampling of a few and trying to make it the rule rather than the exception.
The thread is about whether or not White men have an advantage in dating other races/ethnicities. My post was giving a reason why, in general, White men do have an advantage.

I did not say that ALL non-White women desire to have a White man as their partner but I was highlighting the fact that there are non-White women who do view having a White partner as giving them (the non-White woman) an advantage. This "advantage" to having a White partner also happens to include having children who are "whiter" and also the possiblity of benefiting financially from the advantages that White men have in society.

Amongst some of my friends and acquaintances there have been some (Asian, Hispanic and Black) who specifically sought only to have relationships with White men. We have stereotypes which relate to dating/marrying White men; some of the stereotypes are really not so pleasant. I am not passing judgment on people for having an agenda behind who they date/marry, I am just stating my experience.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:06 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,780,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The thread is about whether or not White men have an advantage in dating other races/ethnicities. My post was giving a reason why, in general, White men do have an advantage.

I did not say that ALL non-White women desire to have a White man as their partner but I was highlighting the fact that there are non-White women who do view having a White partner as giving them (the non-White woman) an advantage. This "advantage" to having a White partner also happens to include having children who are "whiter" and also the possiblity of benefiting financially from the advantages that White men have in society.

Amongst some of my friends and acquaintances there have been some (Asian, Hispanic and Black) who specifically sought only to have relationships with White men. We have stereotypes which relate to dating/marrying White men; some of the stereotypes are really not so pleasant. I am not passing judgment on people for having an agenda behind who they date/marry, I am just stating my experience.
There are some guys who like to date Asian women based on stereotypes as well. They think all Asian women are obedient, subservient, little sex slaves. Or they date Latin women because they think all Latin women are better in bed. Maybe they want to date a black girl to fill a square and say they tried it, these stereotypes are no more ignorant than ones regarding any other race or gender combination.

I think it depends heavily on demographics when you speak of dating. A white guy is not going to have the same advantages when dating in a predominately black city as he might in a predominately white or Asian city.

A lot of guys who feel shunned may have a glaring disadvantage that has little to do with their race. Maybe they're ugly, or don't know how to dress themselves, or come on too strong or not strong enough. Maybe they acted like jerks when they were drunk at the club. These guys might also be setting their sights on the hottest girl in the room and then dismiss it as race because they were rejected. Not realizing this hot girl also rejected a dozen white guys that night. If all I did as a white guy was set my sights on nothing but perfect ten's, I'm going to experience a certain degree of rejection regardless of their race.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:13 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,107,503 times
Of course we do. We have an advantage in everything.

Old 05-21-2011, 10:32 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,477,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
It is sad that men in general don't think black women are worth marrying. Those statistics were really sad.
Or maybe the black women aren't as conditioned to marry a guy just to say that she is married. Women (American) choose who they want to marry, not the other way around.

Old 05-21-2011, 11:40 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissy View Post
Or maybe the black women aren't as conditioned to marry a guy just to say that she is married. Women (American) choose who they want to marry, not the other way around.
Pretty inaccurate and simplistic way to look at it. You really have to have both with someone wanting to marry them and women that want to be married.

In general it's the men who choose, not the other way around. In America the idea of "wanting" to be married is usually a feeling dominated by women, leaving men with the responsibility of choosing and asking.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:48 AM

25 posts, read 52,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
White men have the advantage over everybody in everything.Really a white guy in a suit can get in anywhere!LOLThat's why I am particularly irked why white men whose ancestors have been here for over 200 years and these guys are still unsuccessful? What gives?

YouTube - ‪Louis CK - Being White‬‏

Old 05-22-2011, 01:44 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
Taking a glance is not necessarily a bad thing. I take glances too just because it is noticable. It does not mean anything bad to me
Doesn't make it bad to me either, just an mildly interesting observation since it's a sign of the times.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:44 PM

42 posts, read 69,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I gathered this from page 1.

I still pose the question??

Why do you care about the lack of WW and AM pairings?

Do you have the hots for white women?

If you do, I hope you meet a nice white girl, I'm sure that there are plenty of white women who would like to find a nice man who happens to be an Asian dude.
actually white women marry asian men alot

Black husband- white wife - 390,000
Asian husband- white wife - 219,000

Asian people in u.s 5%
Black people in u.s 12%

so we could say white women marry asian men more than they marry black men.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:57 PM

6 posts, read 7,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cut3 View Post
actually white women marry asian men alot

Black husband- white wife - 390,000
Asian husband- white wife - 219,000

Asian people in u.s 5%
Black people in u.s 12%

so we could say white women marry asian men more than they marry black men.
Does this only refer to East Asian men or does it include Indian and Pakistani/South Asian men?

Old 05-23-2011, 12:31 AM

42 posts, read 69,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randycouturewannabe View Post
Does this only refer to East Asian men or does it include Indian and Pakistani/South Asian men?
It refers to asian men so south asian men are counted too but south asians make around 1.5% of america so... its mostly east asian men

and want to correct myself the percentage of asian americans is 4.8% and black americans 12.6%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships