Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 11:27 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,567,744 times

Advertisements

CPS for the sake of the child first. Then DNA, then seek custody if you're capable and deemed fit to raise a child. If you keep doing everything bassackwards you'll achieve nothing.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:30 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,043,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheIsMeanToMe View Post
So i never got DNA test because i didn't want to hurt her feelings. She wants to go out and have fun but leaves the baby with me. She takes drugs illicit drugs and hang out with dodgy drug dealers. She was a gutter rat before i dated her and now after she gave birth she is still the same. Her neighbor was banging her and she was giggling.

Now she tells me to EFF off and not come back because she wants the life of a tramp. She said if i try to take the kid she will call the cops and say I molested my own kid. She told me to go and hang myself.

And people wonder why father kills the whole family and then himself.
Do you get off on feeling sorry for yourself? Are you proud of being a martyr?

Stand up for yourself and get a DNA test. Who gives a F if it makes her feel bad. Or if you want to keep the child you'd better grow up fast, right now it sounds like that poor child needs to be put in the hands of an adult.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:38 AM

28,896 posts, read 54,045,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
CPS for the sake of the child first. Then DNA, then seek custody if you're capable and deemed fit to raise a child. If you keep doing everything bassackwards you'll achieve nothing.
I think the opposite order is better. Determine parentage and then act.

If it's not your child, your range of maneuver decreases a great deal, essentially limited to calling CPS. If it is your child, you can file for immediate custody. Because it's a good deal harder to get your child out of the CPS system than it would be to run a discreet paternity test and cool your heels for 3-5 days.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:39 AM
VJP

721 posts, read 1,724,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyklo View Post
dna dna dna!!!!!!!!!!!!!
do not feed!!

Old 05-18-2011, 11:49 AM

99 posts, read 123,052 times
This is sad.

Please for the childs sake, look into your rights as a father. Even if you are not the biological father, atleast care for the baby long enough to find him something better.

I don't mean to be rude but you need to man up and start thinking about the kids best interest. What is more imporant, a very unhealthy relationship with a very healthy person or a child who didn't ask to be here who has a whole life ahead of him?

You should drop this girl like a bad habit, in my opinion.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:51 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,089,650 times
DNA test indeed..The child needs stability if he/she is to have a chance for a future. The child is innocent and needs to be protected. Many, many children grow up in bad environments and have their futures cut short. pain, drugs and heartache will harm a child in the worst way. Saw many kids growing up in similar situations, and they went on to lead lives of addictions, violence and bad things themselves..If they made it at all.

Best of luck, and if the child is yours cherish them. It will not be easy...But you can make a difference.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:57 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,465,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I think the opposite order is better. Determine parentage and then act.

If it's not your child, your range of maneuver decreases a great deal, essentially limited to calling CPS. If it is your child, you can file for immediate custody. Because it's a good deal harder to get your child out of the CPS system than it would be to run a discreet paternity test and cool your heels for 3-5 days.
Child of mine or not, this child needs to be taken away from her ASAP.

I agree with STT, call CPS right now!

Old 05-18-2011, 12:00 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,314,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
I agree. The safety of the child is the priority and all it takes in an anonymous call to CPS to send out someone out to investigate her. Then get yourself together. If you are dating gutter rats, you can't be doing all that great for yourself or else you're really bored.

Get DNA tested to determine paternity and seek custody but only if you are mentally and financially ready.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:03 PM

165 posts, read 587,734 times
Even if the child is not yours it needs to be out of that environment. Do the kid a favor and call the child protection services right now. Dont wait another minute before something horrible does happen to the child. Maybe they will help you prove paternity.

KEEP PANTS FIRMLY ZIPPED AT ALL TIMES. IT'S JUST NOT WORTH IT, IS IT?????????

Old 05-18-2011, 12:06 PM

28,896 posts, read 54,045,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Child of mine or not, this child needs to be taken away from her ASAP.

I agree with STT, call CPS right now!
Fine. Here's a better solution: Offer to babysit the child for a few days while you wait for the paternity test. She'll be delighted to have some free time and the child will be safe. Problem solved.

Only then do you call CPS if it's not yours. Otherwise, you're dealing with an enormous legal hassle involved in getting your child out of the system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.