Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 02:29 PM

385 posts, read 859,238 times

Advertisements

I would say send him the DIVORCE papers and then you might be able to stop hateing him but I doubt it but at least you'll be free
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 02:32 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,011,503 times
Never never never never unburden yourself by telling your spouse about extramarital activities. Absolutely nothing good can come from it.

Also you give up a lot of hand that way. No good.

Last edited by Book Lover 21; 05-19-2011 at 02:45 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 05-19-2011, 02:44 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
Never never never never unburden yourself by telling your sousal about extramarital activities. Absolutely nothing good can come from it.

Absolutely true!!!

Old 05-19-2011, 02:52 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
You don't need marriage counseling, you need a divorce.

Old 05-19-2011, 02:54 PM

1,298 posts, read 2,238,837 times
Don't let the door hit cha where the good lord split ya, babe, git on out there...Find someone who will act like a man and treat you like a woman.

Old 05-19-2011, 02:54 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,681 times
If there are no children, GET OUT NOW!

Old 05-19-2011, 03:08 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
Never never never never unburden yourself by telling your spouse about extramarital activities. Absolutely nothing good can come from it.

True! I have never heard anything good coming from this type of confession! Not for legal and emotional reasons!!

Old 05-19-2011, 07:38 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
So he is a drunk and abusive to boot.

Why would you want to stay with him? Seems like he earned the hatred you feel for him.

If you belong to a religion that says you need to stay with an abusive alcoholic, I would be looking for a new church too.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:54 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,884,082 times
Honestly, get out.

I'd normally never suggest a divorce, but, you cheated and then acted in a way that does not show any contrition. It's past the point where he will ever be able to forgive you, and unable to forgive you he will be unable to stop being abusive. It's dead.

edit: and no, jesus will not make everything okay. Neither will sobriety.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:11 PM

366 posts, read 774,976 times
Default Sorry to hear about our troubles, but the solution is simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkseabee View Post
i goofed and posted this on the wrong forum earlier, so hopefully, this gets some more member ideas for me.
My husband and i have been married for 2 1/2 years and have been separated off and on 3 different times over his alcohol abuse turning to emotional and physical abuse. Every time he sobers up he pulls the religion angle and says he just needs god and me and that everything will be okay as long as he leaves the booze alone. But, the bitterness runs so deep! He thinks that as soon as he shows signs of straightening up, that he should be allowed to give me ultimatums for how i spend my free time.
Granted, he has a lot to worry about. A couple of years ago i went out for dinner with some co-workers when my husband and i were separated. The dinner ended up later as a sexual interlude between me and this particular co-worker. I felt so guilty about the whole thing, i felt the need to divulge this episode to my husband before we started over from scratch. So, now, he feels he cannot trust me. I feel i don't want to please him, and round and round we go. The bitterness runs deep on both sides. We tried marriage counselling once, but it turned into a big gripe session between the counsellor and my husband about what a cheating jerk i was to disregard our vows. I fully take responsible for my actions and have profusely apologized, however, i can't get over the continual barage of emotional and physical abuse i endure over it at home. It makes it so when he gives me requests of my free time that i want to do anything but what he asks!!!! It feels like being in high school all over again with people dictating your life, but at least then, i knew my folks loved me!!! I really doubt that my needs are an important part of the equation in our marriage.
divorce
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships