Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 11:30 AM

448 posts, read 1,055,416 times

Advertisements

iv'e never cheated id'e rather walk away till things cool down and work it out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 11:30 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Very strange that I hear very little from the woman and men here scream "Cheater, Cheater, Cheater" as they do with any man that that does the same thing.
That's not the issue here.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:03 PM

22 posts, read 30,642 times
Thanks for setting the record straight about the issue at hand Donie!

Old 05-20-2011, 12:17 PM

31,050 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKSeabee View Post
Thanks for setting the record straight about the issue at hand Donie!
You brought it up in the orginal post, no? I did bring it up as a response to the hypocracy of many responders. I will say no more as I believe your cheating was a realistic human response to the situation you were in.

Added:
If I go through some of the "Responders" post in other post I will find they will hone in on a man's infidelity and ignore all else. Some will even put a man's infidelity up their with being an abuser and child molestator. Ok, I'll stop already!

Last edited by LS Jaun; 05-20-2011 at 12:51 PM..

Old 05-20-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
You brought it up in the orginal post, no? I did bring it up as a response to the hypocracy of many responders. I will say no more as I believe your cheating was a realistic human response to the situation you were in.
I can't speak for all posters and I agree there are many people on here that want to talk about the OP cheating and especially if the OP was a man BUT to me, that's a non-issue since the thread isn't about cheating. My answer would still be the same whether male or female.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:32 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,743,388 times
I agree...a non-issue and she didn't even have to tell anyone.

Old 05-20-2011, 06:22 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,884,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
That's not the issue here.
I'm going to have to somewhat disagree with this

Without the cheating, the abuse while drinking would most likely be something that could be cured if the guy stopped drinking (aka he's "just" a really nasty drunk), so she would be able to try a get-sober-or-I-leave last ditch to save it if she wanted to.

With the cheating, the abuse is most likely the guy's base emotions towards her coming out with the alcohol. There is no salvaging this, because even getting him to sober up won't solve what's wrong.

Basically, the cheating is so intertwined with the abuse, that through the abuse it becomes an issue (with regards to impacting the OP; it seems pretty clear that the husband was on the edge of ending the marriage himself over "just" the cheating since he agreed so readily and enthusiastically when the topic came up).

Old 05-21-2011, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
I'm going to have to somewhat disagree with this

Without the cheating, the abuse while drinking would most likely be something that could be cured if the guy stopped drinking (aka he's "just" a really nasty drunk), so she would be able to try a get-sober-or-I-leave last ditch to save it if she wanted to.

With the cheating, the abuse is most likely the guy's base emotions towards her coming out with the alcohol. There is no salvaging this, because even getting him to sober up won't solve what's wrong.

Basically, the cheating is so intertwined with the abuse, that through the abuse it becomes an issue (with regards to impacting the OP; it seems pretty clear that the husband was on the edge of ending the marriage himself over "just" the cheating since he agreed so readily and enthusiastically when the topic came up).
The guy is an alcoholic. No cure is going to happen if he doesn't get professional help. Also he was emotionally and physically abusing her before the cheating.

She cheated while they were separated even though they were still married but they were separated. Not the same as if they were still together.

Unfortunately, now that he knows she cheated, he will never let her forget it and will throw it in her face at every chance he can. Another mental and emotional abuse issue on his part.

I think for both of them, the hurts are too great to forgive and forget. Her for his drinking and abuses and him for her cheating. It's a lose/lose situation with them and they need to go their own way.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:32 AM

448 posts, read 1,055,416 times
what was not mentioned if he was like this when they first met not saying he was but if he was that would have been a red flag for me.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:35 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,743,388 times
Ganto IMO it is a little too late for that. It is what it is.

I am hoping that the OP has left at this point. She has a big life to rebuild and I wish her well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships