Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 03:21 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Absolutely. Sometimes I daydream that I'm the only one left behind.

Hopefully it won't get worse. The prediction for 2012 is that there will be many earthquakes and tornadoes and other calamities before the due date. Then a giant asteroid will kill everybody on that day.
That won't happen. There won't be an asteroid that does that.

Things will get worse. Bad to worse.

However, people are never left without warning. There is always direction to heed in any situation. It's whether we listen and obey is our end result.

Kinda reminds me of a guy that was caught in a storm. A really bad storm that flooded the whole area around this man in his home. He prayed to God for help. He could see out of the windows of his home the waters were rising fast. He kept praying. Suddenly a boat with two rescue workers arrived at his home.

"Get in the boat and we will save you!!"
The man in the home said, "No thank you. I prayed to God and he will save me."
The guys in the boat left.

The waters began to rise so high he had to go up on the roof of his home. Sitting on the roof the man keeps praying to God for help.

Suddenly a helicoptor flies over the man's home and a loud speaker says, "Grab onto the rope ladder and we will save you."

"No thanks. God will save me." The man yelled back.

The helicoper flew away and the man drowned.

Moral: God may be sending people to you as a warning to rescue you. Are you listening to his message. You may pray but are you listening?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 03:48 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
I don't think you understand. Why would a chinese restaurant survive the Apocalyse?
Considering that the closest chinese restaurant to me has survived a flood and was still serving customers, they have a decent shot at beating the apocalypse.

Old 05-24-2011, 03:52 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,615 times
No SO...
I'd probably give mom a call and tell her I loved her...
Then I'd empty my bank account, do drugs and have sex with hookers.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:34 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
I don't think you understand. Why would a chinese restaurant survive the Apocalyse?
The Rapture and the Apocalypse are two different things, at least as far as I understand them. In the Rapture, God lifts up X amount of "deserving" people directly into heaven, leaving the rest on earth, including, I'm assuming, at least a few Chinese chefs who attended mass only spottily and likely self-abused a (wait for it) handful of times without apologizing afterward. I don't think there's any mention, in Biblical Apocalypse lore (because even in Revelation nobody knows if the words were ever meant to be literal), of anything melting into the ground and disintegrating, not even people, at least not at the point of the actual Rapture.

The Apocalypse, OTOH, can be caused by any one of a bajillion different factors and is known in different ways to different cultures. A comet will come and blow everything up, the earth will be somehow pulled out of orbit and blow up, we'll blow each other up or whatever. In that case, yes, it's likely Chinese restaurants will blow up too.

The whole 2012 Apocalypse thing doesn't have anything to do with the Rapture. It's based on the end of the Mayan calendar, and they weren't Christian, Jewish or Muslim.

This most recent idiocy, I mean prediction, however (May 21, 2011), was in reference to the Rapture.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Considering that the closest chinese restaurant to me has survived a flood and was still serving customers, they have a decent shot at beating the apocalypse.
Well now THERE ya go. Everybody -- at the first ominous earthly rumble, MAKE FOR INDIANA. Meet ya there! Don't forget to bring a fork.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Well now THERE ya go. Everybody -- at the first ominous earthly rumble, MAKE FOR INDIANA. Meet ya there! Don't forget to bring a fork.
BYOC! Bring your own Chopsticks!!

Old 05-24-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
BYOC! Bring your own Chopsticks!!
Prince_Frog, you'll let us all stay at your place, right?

Old 05-24-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Prince_Frog, you'll let us all stay at your place, right?
Sure. I'll make a bonfire and go find a bunch of booze for everyone.

But, we'd all just be hungry again in an hour after eating chinese, so I'd have to go to krogers to take some food from it to cook later.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:07 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,621,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
...Then I'd empty my bank account, do drugs and have sex with hookers.
Sounds like me on a normal day.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:25 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,429,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
That won't happen. There won't be an asteroid that does that.

Things will get worse. Bad to worse.

However, people are never left without warning. There is always direction to heed in any situation. It's whether we listen and obey is our end result.

Kinda reminds me of a guy that was caught in a storm. A really bad storm that flooded the whole area around this man in his home. He prayed to God for help. He could see out of the windows of his home the waters were rising fast. He kept praying. Suddenly a boat with two rescue workers arrived at his home.

"Get in the boat and we will save you!!"
The man in the home said, "No thank you. I prayed to God and he will save me."
The guys in the boat left.

The waters began to rise so high he had to go up on the roof of his home. Sitting on the roof the man keeps praying to God for help.

Suddenly a helicoptor flies over the man's home and a loud speaker says, "Grab onto the rope ladder and we will save you."

"No thanks. God will save me." The man yelled back.

The helicoper flew away and the man drowned.

Moral: God may be sending people to you as a warning to rescue you. Are you listening to his message. You may pray but are you listening?
I like your story.

Quote:
The Rapture and the Apocalypse are two different things, at least as far as I understand them. In the Rapture, God lifts up X amount of "deserving" people directly into heaven, leaving the rest on earth, including, I'm assuming, at least a few Chinese chefs who attended mass only spottily and likely self-abused a (wait for it) handful of times without apologizing afterward. I don't think there's any mention, in Biblical Apocalypse lore (because even in Revelation nobody knows if the words were ever meant to be literal), of anything melting into the ground and disintegrating, not even people, at least not at the point of the actual Rapture.

The Apocalypse, OTOH, can be caused by any one of a bajillion different factors and is known in different ways to different cultures. A comet will come and blow everything up, the earth will be somehow pulled out of orbit and blow up, we'll blow each other up or whatever. In that case, yes, it's likely Chinese restaurants will blow up too.

The whole 2012 Apocalypse thing doesn't have anything to do with the Rapture. It's based on the end of the Mayan calendar, and they weren't Christian, Jewish or Muslim.

This most recent idiocy, I mean prediction, however (May 21, 2011), was in reference to the Rapture.
Quite an informative day on CD. I'm starting to like it again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships