Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 09:10 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The full body shot is to make sure I'm not fat right?
It's not to make sure that you're not fat. It's to make sure she knows what your body looks like. Women do have there own standards, and as long as you're half way decent you shouldn't worry too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 09:16 PM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
I thought if a girl is attracted to your face your body wasn't tat big a deal as log as you are not 500 pounds
Pay attention. You are offering the other person the same chance as ANYONE else on the street. Some will see a body type, and think "fine with me". And some will see the same and go "No way jose". Attempting to find friendship online doesn't have the benefit of being able to actually SEE the person...the VERY least that needs to be done in online dating, is to provide clear, fair, honest pictures...of a head shot, and a full body shot. To do otherwise is to handicap an already difficult endeavor. Your call.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:48 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
Quote:
I have a full body shot but I'm not alone in the picture
So crop the pic. Duh.

Quote:
The purpose of this full body shot is to make sure I'm not FAT right?
It's to enable the person who's viewing it to ascertain that chest down appeals to them as much as chest up does. Reverse the role, Grasshopper. You get a pretty face and upper body pic of a girl who appeals to you. You arrange a "meet" and waist down she's a rhinoceros with 60 inch hips and elephantine legs. I can only begin to imagine the thread you would start given that scenario.

Quote:
I thought if a girl is attracted to your face your body wasn't tat big a deal as log as you are not 500 pounds
Again, reverse roles. With all due respect, you've never once in a plethora of threads and posts, demonstrated any "like" at all for any first meet you've ever had with a prospective date. It's all about the physical and nothing cerebral comes into play at all. Duh.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:02 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
So crop the pic. Duh.

It's to enable the person who's viewing it to ascertain that chest down appeals to them as much as chest up does. Reverse the role, Grasshopper. You get a pretty face and upper body pic of a girl who appeals to you. You arrange a "meet" and waist down she's a rhinoceros with 60 inch hips and elephantine legs. I can only begin to imagine the thread you would start given that scenario.

Again, reverse roles. With all due respect, you've never once in a plethora of threads and posts, demonstrated any "like" at all for any first meet you've ever had with a prospective date. It's all about the physical and nothing cerebral comes into play at all. Duh.

Looks ATTRACT and personality KEEPS

Old 06-28-2011, 09:51 PM

Default Something NEW I'm learning about online dating in 2011 being a Late Bloomer

If a girl interested in you online and viewed your photos, she is actually waiting for you to take the initiative to MOVE the conversation offline by giving your number/email.

Damm why didn't pick up on this 4 years ago? You know how many opportunities I probably missed out on?

Tip for shy guys, if you are attracted to someone just go ahead and provide your information.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:01 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,690,230 times
Erm your email is still online

Old 06-28-2011, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Erm your email is still online
personal email

Old 06-29-2011, 03:55 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
Sigh.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:44 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Wow.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:53 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,792,220 times
Quote:
personal email
I repped this because it was so funny. You're like the Peter Griffin of City Data
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships