Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 09:51 AM

16 posts, read 30,612 times

Advertisements

My life has become filled with distractions; a shower, a meal, the news. Some created out of need for distraction; my garden, volunteerism and all of the little things I seek to fill up the hours of the day. These mindless things sit upright and hopeful among the less appealing, loosely scattered, demanding distractions of motherhood and worse; all of my personal limitations. With one hand, I seem to reach out for what I want; employment, education, solace… and yet I resist it and hold it at arm’s length with the other.

I look forward to each day, I don’t know why. Perhaps, today is the day. Yet not long after I open my eyes on a new day, I begin to long for the hours to pass into night, into sleep, into a dream that will place me, if only but briefly, out of my life. Mostly, I want to be a ghost and walk unnoticed and unabated by it all. For a short time, I would take great pleasure in being forgotten altogether, as if I never had existed to anyone, nor they to me, responsible to no one, knowing no one, loving no one, but myself.

There is a battle here to be won, a bloody war against myself, against the distrust of my own person, against the insurmountable wall of despair, I have built, brick by brick, with my own hands. There are others with me I battle here as well, negative spirits, taunting spirits and worse a certain spirit that by no particular word or action, exhorts to me to lay down my arms and remain with him in this grey state of limbo, neither bright nor black, neither loving nor cruel, for eternity. It’s a God dammed mess.

The battle has been won. I’m leaving…I’m leaving this horrible, wonderful prison. I’m leaving this façade of security, this quiet dysfunction, my garden, my rose bush, my spice rack and pantry, the judgment, the guilt and all the rest that has both given itself to me and taken away from me without rhyme or reason. We all are to blame and still blameless. Let God sort out this mess after we have all gone from this earth and let us each settle accordingly then.

Thus the hardest part is now upon me. I need money. Today is the day! I will find a job today and a better one tomorrow. I will keep every cent of it for myself and what I want. I will have my solace! I will have my peace! I shall not worry, for there is NOTHING to worry about. Only good things and challenges to overcome, there is grace to be had.

What will I do with my solace? I will be happy! I will take what comes and give what I can. I will raise my children, a new garden and rose bush. I will collect new spices and items for the pantry and I will live, not merely survive. I will be happy. I will long for day and live it with purpose. I will sleep restfully through the night and relive the day. I will be happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 11:48 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,681 times
ok.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:54 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
There are great medications out there now to help people like you.

Please make an appt to see your doctor asap so you can begin to enjoy your life to the fullest

Old 05-22-2011, 12:00 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
There are great medications out there now to help people like you.

Please make an appt to see your doctor asap so you can begin to enjoy your life to the fullest
I thought this sounded "very heavy!"
Thanks for sharing!

Old 05-22-2011, 12:20 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Default This was venting in a poetic way...

To the original OP...sounds like you are at a crossroads, wanting to live and not exist, and take control of life and make it good.

To everyone else...I don't think it's fair to judge another so quickly. there was nothing offensive or inflammatory about the post. let's not judge until we know the facts, and have walked just a bit in another's shoes.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:27 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
To the original OP...sounds like you are at a crossroads, wanting to live and not exist, and take control of life and make it good.

To everyone else...I don't think it's fair to judge another so quickly. there was nothing offensive or inflammatory about the post. let's not judge until we know the facts, and have walked just a bit in another's shoes.

Not "judging" her at all. I was just saying she sounds like she needs some help to enjoy her life - and I hope she seeks it

Old 05-22-2011, 12:34 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
I`m glad that she "vented in a poetic" way, and I thanked her for sharing!
I wish her the best, as well!

Old 05-22-2011, 12:55 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,197,174 times
Sounds like it was meant to be a blog post and not a general forum post.

Old 05-22-2011, 01:00 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,902 times
So do we pass the ghosts that haunt us later in our lives; they sit undramatically by the roadside like poor beggars, and we see them only from the corners of our eyes, if we see them at all. The idea that they have been waiting there for us rarely if ever crosses our minds. Yet they do wait, and when we have passed, they gather up their bundles of memory and fall in behind, treading in our footsteps and catching up, little by little.

Old 05-22-2011, 02:00 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarom View Post
My life has become filled with distractions; a shower, a meal, the news. Some created out of need for distraction; my garden, volunteerism and all of the little things I seek to fill up the hours of the day. These mindless things sit upright and hopeful among the less appealing, loosely scattered, demanding distractions of motherhood and worse; all of my personal limitations. With one hand, I seem to reach out for what I want; employment, education, solace… and yet I resist it and hold it at arm’s length with the other.

I look forward to each day, I don’t know why. Perhaps, today is the day. Yet not long after I open my eyes on a new day, I begin to long for the hours to pass into night, into sleep, into a dream that will place me, if only but briefly, out of my life. Mostly, I want to be a ghost and walk unnoticed and unabated by it all. For a short time, I would take great pleasure in being forgotten altogether, as if I never had existed to anyone, nor they to me, responsible to no one, knowing no one, loving no one, but myself.

There is a battle here to be won, a bloody war against myself, against the distrust of my own person, against the insurmountable wall of despair, I have built, brick by brick, with my own hands. There are others with me I battle here as well, negative spirits, taunting spirits and worse a certain spirit that by no particular word or action, exhorts to me to lay down my arms and remain with him in this grey state of limbo, neither bright nor black, neither loving nor cruel, for eternity. It’s a God dammed mess.

The battle has been won. I’m leaving…I’m leaving this horrible, wonderful prison. I’m leaving this façade of security, this quiet dysfunction, my garden, my rose bush, my spice rack and pantry, the judgment, the guilt and all the rest that has both given itself to me and taken away from me without rhyme or reason. We all are to blame and still blameless. Let God sort out this mess after we have all gone from this earth and let us each settle accordingly then.

Thus the hardest part is now upon me. I need money. Today is the day! I will find a job today and a better one tomorrow. I will keep every cent of it for myself and what I want. I will have my solace! I will have my peace! I shall not worry, for there is NOTHING to worry about. Only good things and challenges to overcome, there is grace to be had.

What will I do with my solace? I will be happy! I will take what comes and give what I can. I will raise my children, a new garden and rose bush. I will collect new spices and items for the pantry and I will live, not merely survive. I will be happy. I will long for day and live it with purpose. I will sleep restfully through the night and relive the day. I will be happy.
Antlered Chamataka translation into City-Data language:

"I've been in a monotonous, sexless and boring marriage for several years. I wanna divorce my fat husband and exit the scene. But I've been a SAHM mom for far too long that I have no money saved and no way of finding a new job. I love my kids. But I wanna have new butterflies in my tummy. My tummy has gained a bit too. And I'm a religious person"

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships