Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 02:40 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,647,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I play the motorboat. Huge plus

<bbbbbbrrrrrrrr.......>
Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahha! XD that's hilarious! I wouldn't mind a guy playing the tuba if you get my drift (farts) lol! But in all seriousness yes it's a plus when a guy can play guitar or the saxophone. Also it's great when he can sing too! ^_^

Last edited by CancerianMoonPrincess; 05-25-2011 at 02:42 PM.. Reason: Clarification
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 02:45 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,090,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Your thoughts?

My boyfriend can play the accordian...Ive never heard him..

Old 05-25-2011, 02:47 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Is it the same thing if he doesn't play an instrument, but takes you to his home studio so you can listen some of his "Beats?"

I'm a bit of a beat freak myself.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:52 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,875,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I'm a bit of a beat freak myself.
I used to Dj does that count? If so I'll let you sit on my subwoofer on full blast.....

Old 05-25-2011, 03:00 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
I used to Dj does that count? If so I'll let you sit on my subwoofer on full blast.....

Oh it most certainly does

:swoon:

Old 05-25-2011, 03:38 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
the dedication it takes to master an instrument

Part of my love/obsession is the never ending learning process and tackling a goal objective. If one sticks to a certain style they can become masters of it or beter yet virtuosos but there are so many aspects and things about guitar that there wil neverl be a *ending*, a point where I can say "I know it all and reached the end level". Finger picking and slide playing are two aspects I have barely scratched plus just trying get better at playing with a pick, improving my attack and speed, improving my knowledge of theory, timing, improving my ability to use good voicing in soloing and on and on.

In Karate there is a highest level to reach, a black belt where you are considered reaching the highest but there is no end level to guitar or music, there is only life long growth if one chooses to follow it.

Being a musician that is in love with it usually means that person's main goal isn't for money because the pay given a lot of times from gigs doesn't equal to the time spent practicing and buying gear. I had a guy call me the other day asking if I was interested in being in a Rolling Stones tribute band and all he talked about was how the gigs pay this and that and how one place pays them $1000 for a 2 hours set and for some reason tribute bands do get paid well compared to cover bands let alone original bands but while I like jamming covers I can't play just one band ALL night or try to clone somebody else, the extra money doesn't matter to me.

The difference between that guy that called me is I heard his screaming kids in the back and money matters more to him than to me because I have no responsibility for anyone except for myself...haha

Next time a guy tells you he has been playing for years ask him how many hours he practiced and put into in those years, because hours and days matter more than years in the end.

Old 05-25-2011, 03:44 PM

896 posts, read 1,476,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Your thoughts?
You mean does it increase your chances of getting laid?

No. But if you can play your own flute it won't matter so much

Old 05-25-2011, 03:50 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
You mean does it increase your chances of getting laid?

No. But if you can play your own flute it won't matter so much

haha funny thing is I am left handed but play guitar right handed and also ......with the right.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:18 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,981,092 times
acoustic guitar - absolutely. My first major boyfriend was an excellent guitar player. We'd go to his brother's house and they'd play their 12-string guitars together and sing. They taught me how to play certain chords so I could play with them. Those were magical times. It helped that we were totally stoned :-), but even now that I don't do anything like that, I'd still find it magical (not the boyfriend, but the 12-string guitars and singing.)

Old 05-25-2011, 08:47 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
Piano and acoustic guitar are the 2 best, because they're romantic but not effeminately so. They're also versatile and you can find a lot of music for them, even something she'll like. Sax is also good.

Drums are not romantic because they're not melodic instruments, so they won't score points. Avoid the nerd instruments like brass (tuba, trumpet), accordians, and bag-pipes. Violin is a romantic instrument but it's rather feminine so it probably won't score points. Harmonica, banjo, clarinet & flute are neutral. Singing is a plus if you can do it very well. Otherwise it's a negative.
I'd second that.

While listening to performance is nice (if you like the instrument and the music that is), listening continuously to practice can surely get on one's nerves. Been there, done that, and don't necessarily look forward to it again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships