Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 08:26 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
I don't care if the woman I dated was bald. I dated a girl who was missing a leg and two fingers. Rollover accident she was riding in the back of a pick up truck. Her leg was crushed so bad they cut it off below the knee. Didn't bother me much. My friends thought it was weird but I never cared. She was a very nice, kind, considerate, loving, caring person. I wasn't dating her leg just like I don't date a woman's hair. We broke up but it was a moving away kind if break up. Internet wasn't around
wow!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 08:30 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,793,423 times
If certain other things on my behalf were already taken care of (if you catch my drift--if not, I can elaborate on this), then I wouldn't mind you being bald if I was purely hypotheticalyl dating out just as long as you wore a wig in the bedroom, et cetera.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:26 PM

993 posts, read 1,560,645 times
At 35, I think you'll be fine.

If a man is willing to love you despite the health issues (and there are many, many, many men who will be able to accept that), he'll surely understand a wig. Can you grow your hair at all? Short hair looks fabulous on most women! If your hair can't grow, are you okay with your baldness? You need to look up bald inspiration. It, like everything, is as beautiful as you're willing to make it: LOVER BALD

As for fertility, that shouldn't be too much of an issue either. Again, in your age range I'm sure there are a number of the single men who already have kids as well as who aren't interested in children at all.

So, if I were in your position, I would rock the bald look. It just seems easier to not have to go into any deep explanations about your health in the early stages of romantic mingling. I'd go about dating as usual, and mention the health situation once you're comfortable enough with a person to start revealing intimate information.

Best of luck to you!

Old 12-20-2013, 06:56 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
I went through cancer when I was 23 and was dumped by my then-boyfriend when I buzzed my hair when it started to fall out. To give him as big of an "eff you" as possible, I decided I was going to have the most robust love life as possible despite impossible circumstances. Even though I gained more than 60 pounds, had an incredibly puffy round face from steroids, and was bald, I still got dates - and second dates and third dates. And turned down second dates and third dates. And I refused to wear a wig or a cap - wigs are itchy and caps made me look frumpy. Sometimes I wore a scarf, but honestly, I wore a scarf more often after my hair started to grow back in because it was the only surefire way to get someone to let me sit on the subway.

It's about attitude. I know the OP is probably long gone, but there are plenty of women out there who face hair loss for various reasons. My baldness was secondary in my situation to having a life threatening illness that put me out of commission for a few days every other week. But! I still met a lot of interesting people, including the person I have been with for 2 years now. Alopecia has other stresses of course, especially consciousness about appearance since the hair will not grow back, but you don't have the "could drop dead at any moment" issue.

If you're self concious, it won't help your dating life. Rock some bold eye makeup, find either a wig or a scarf that makes you feel sexy, or dare go bald completely. You have to love yourself before anyone will love you.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:29 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,398,734 times
I am bald by choice and I will tell you the opposite of covering up your head. Okay, if you must do so for work, but outside of work, be your true self. Some men will have no trouble engaging with a cute bald confident lady. I had my eyebrows tattoo strand, by strand, so they look natural (couldn't do the one line). I am an AA lady and you will see lots of "us" with short natural crops or bald head by choice. I have less than 1/8 inch of hair at any given time. I find plenty of men to date me and they are not threatened by my hair. I tend to wear big earrings and keep the face pretty at all times. Good luck with dating and you will find someone who loves you for you.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:18 PM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug11768 View Post
I am a 35 year old woman who had some health issues that left me without hair (except my long eyelashes). Having a baby is also out of the question. Other than that, I have a nice figure, good skin, and pretty face (or so I am told). I am also financially responsible with a good job and my own home.

The question is, how much is the hair and fertility factors a turn off to men who are looking for a serious relationship? I am looking to get back into dating after being out of the game for a long time. Actually, I was never really good at being in the game but now I am completely lost on how to proceed. I don't know when or how to tell a man what is gong on. I have to wear a wig to work (which I hate) because I need to look professional but I feel like I am deceiving a man since I don't really look like that. When I am not at work, I just go natural (bald) but I feel so detached from the world that I don't even make eye contact with men let alone talk to them. Besides, when people stare at you all the time, you learn to just look through people.

Any advice?
A wig is in the same class as dental work on being a pretty effective replacement for what is natural. A woman who shaves her head would make me think she is an idiot, and yes I would rather have natural hair, but you case is not self inflicted. Fertility will be a problem for men who want children of course. Many don't. I think you can pull it off just fine. Sure you will always find someone who doesn't like it. Just tell them early. Women wear makeup all the time. The secret is out. We understand.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:35 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,422,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn_QueenBee View Post
I am bald by choice and I will tell you the opposite of covering up your head. Okay, if you must do so for work, but outside of work, be your true self. Some men will have no trouble engaging with a cute bald confident lady. I had my eyebrows tattoo strand, by strand, so they look natural (couldn't do the one line). I am an AA lady and you will see lots of "us" with short natural crops or bald head by choice. I have less than 1/8 inch of hair at any given time. I find plenty of men to date me and they are not threatened by my hair. I tend to wear big earrings and keep the face pretty at all times. Good luck with dating and you will find someone who loves you for you.
Bald people have no hair at all and would probably love to have 1/8 inch of it.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:41 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,213,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug11768 View Post
I am a 35 year old woman who had some health issues that left me without hair (except my long eyelashes). Having a baby is also out of the question. Other than that, I have a nice figure, good skin, and pretty face (or so I am told). I am also financially responsible with a good job and my own home.

The question is, how much is the hair and fertility factors a turn off to men who are looking for a serious relationship? I am looking to get back into dating after being out of the game for a long time. Actually, I was never really good at being in the game but now I am completely lost on how to proceed. I don't know when or how to tell a man what is gong on. I have to wear a wig to work (which I hate) because I need to look professional but I feel like I am deceiving a man since I don't really look like that. When I am not at work, I just go natural (bald) but I feel so detached from the world that I don't even make eye contact with men let alone talk to them. Besides, when people stare at you all the time, you learn to just look through people.

Any advice?
No problem, I'd date you and we already have something in common ... I'm bald too!
No, seriously. People today have sooo many imperfections that your issue should be commonplace but if it's not, or you get unwanted attention than it's people who are just rude and too damn vain and probably aren't worth knowing anyhoo!

Old 01-08-2014, 07:19 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,398,734 times
Hey, maybe I misquoted the size, but I have nothing but a mere five o'clock shadow of hair; you can't comb it. Looks like 1 day growth. I do understand what you are saying. This is still bald.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Bald people have no hair at all and would probably love to have 1/8 inch of it.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:31 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,213,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn_QueenBee View Post
Hey, maybe I misquoted the size, but I have nothing but a mere five o'clock shadow of hair; you can't comb it. Looks like 1 day growth. I do understand what you are saying. This is still bald.
But BALD is beautiful still!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships