Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 11:40 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,759,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
She had a point. Although we collected Christmas ornaments from places we traveled together, there was nothing in our home that indicated a couple lived there: No framed wedding picture on the wall, no photos on the end tables, no snapshots of us together stuck to the fridge with a magnet. She said there was no sense of permanence to the place, no sense of the people who lived there.
^^^^
Referencing bolded portions above: interesting...

Granted, signs of visual decoration alone can vary widely, from one individual to another. For example: I have no photographs, no paintings, no posted pictures either, both in my personal home living space, as well as my office desk.

Does it mean I don't have a sense of "permanance", though? I don't think so...lol after all, I've been sitting at the exact same desk for over a decade, and the entire time without any meaningful visual decor Just my own personal preference, I guess...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 11:44 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I have a 5" color tv in my two-seater outhouse.
I see you come from the upper crust. Though at one time we had a two story outhouse we never could afford a tv to put in it.

Old 05-25-2011, 11:47 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,843,355 times
Quote:
I have a 5" color tv in my two-seater outhouse.
Just how much time do you spend in there?

Old 05-25-2011, 11:48 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,843,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
I see you come from the upper crust. Though at one time we had a two story outhouse we never could afford a tv to put in it.
Dont think Id want to be in the downstairs one.

Old 05-25-2011, 11:51 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,632,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Just how much time do you spend in there?

It depends,

I don't like to miss any of "Survivor".

Old 05-25-2011, 02:28 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,105,856 times
Default Who's house is it? MY house

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
So wait...I can't answer questions? Some of the posters on this board who have read my posts before know that I'm not attempting to "parade" anything. Am I supposed to live in a dump? It's it wrong to have a tasteful home? What exactly is your problem?

I take offense to that comment simply because I'm trying to be as honest as possible, some said maybe my house is a "man cave" to which I'll post pictures to prove it is not. Status? What "status" are you talking about? I don't have ANY "status", I work as an engineer...not exactly a glamorous and lofty position.

Why exactly are you trying to attack me?
SpeedyAZ,

I for one think your home is beautiful. Regarding the post you answered with this post (#151), there are all kinds of fools on here, and all kinds of really nice people. You just have to weed them out and I think the rest of us pretty much have this poster figured out...

Old 05-25-2011, 03:46 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,542,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Let me put this another way then. If she's such a nice girl, blah, blah, blah, why does she NOT do her share? Why is she using him? Yes, she is using him financially. She is not putting anything positive in this relationship. So what she's charming and a Type A personality, she's also a user.
Would you say this about every housewife, every stay at home mom? I really don't see how you could extract so much from so little. He's not a victim.

Quote:
It doesn't matter to me if he can afford to live that lifestyle. It's obvious if he's asking this question, his gut is telling him something is wrong.
That may be, but it isn't the end of the world and she isn't Satan.

Quote:
It's ok to be taken care of if it's the arrangement of the couple BUT she is using that and buying extravagant items that she normally would not be able to.
He already said, and it was already pointed out by LM, that HE didn't expect her to. HE introduced her to this lifestyle.

Quote:
But you are right, Mountain, that he has chosen her and feels she is not a gold digger. Not until she takes him for everything he's got. It's on him but her lifestyle change will not happen after marriage, it will probably get worse.
Again, where do you extract such extreme negativity from what he has shared?

Quote:
So OP, keep working, work until you drop from her spending your hard earned money. It's your life and no one can tell you who to chose. It's up to you.
You missed where he said she spent HER money on these things. Seems you only see what you want to see.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:46 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,187,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
It would have to be Scotch-guarded if it were mine. My friends and I drink too much red wine for that.

Well that stinks.

Bah-DAH-bum!
Ahh, I just had scotch-guard carpet padding and stain resistant carpet put in. It better work!

Quote:
It depends,

I don't like to miss any of "Survivor".

When I have my bathroom done a jacuzzi tub and a little flat screen is going in there.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:55 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,878,302 times
A good divorce judge will gladly straighten you out about who owns what when the divorce is final...

Old 05-25-2011, 05:04 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,355,088 times
I would rather live in a cockroach infested studio in the middle of Watts ALONE than with a man in HIS brand new house on Malibu beach

Just sayin'...I once lived with a man in HIS house, I bought all the groceries, cleaning supplies, I cleaned the house, did his laundry, cooked, entertained...he made 6x as much money as I did...and he still treated me like a free loader. I left, and did not look back

I hear he has cancer now...and no one lives with him...he is alone. Sad for him. His last GF left him too...and he offerred to marry her, and she still would not stay with him..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships