Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 02:30 PM

2,596 posts, read 5,580,467 times

Advertisements

Personally, I can't see that it would matter all that much if I liked the guy although it might be a bit odd to be surprised by something like that. The other piece for me is that 4 inches is a significant amount. One or two inches might not be as noticeable, as shoes add a bit of height as it is, but I would probably be taken aback.

I guess my counter question would be what that guy would do if he had been dating a girl with a big, full chest and when it came time to go in the bedroom, she took off her bra and he discovered that it was inserts or significant fake padding and she was truly very flat chested. Would he still be just as attracted to her, or would he feel cheated? If he would feel tricked or annoyed because of it, he has no right to complain.

Old 05-27-2011, 04:19 PM

56 posts, read 171,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h886 View Post
I guess my counter question would be what that guy would do if he had been dating a girl with a big, full chest and when it came time to go in the bedroom, she took off her bra and he discovered that it was inserts or significant fake padding and she was truly very flat chested. Would he still be just as attracted to her, or would he feel cheated? If he would feel tricked or annoyed because of it, he has no right to complain.
Breast size is not something a care about, so I wouldn't care. Most men I know really don't care about breast size and all prefer real. Men may like to look at large breasts, but at the end of the day most men don't care.

Since height is really important to women, it seems that most women would care a lot if a man lost 4 inches. Hopefully, after a few dates she would have gotten to know him and like him, so height would no be an issue when he took off the shoes.

Old 05-27-2011, 04:21 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,308,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckyb221 View Post
So you would have no problem that he was taller and then you find out he is shorter than you, or at least shorter than you expected because he wears shoes with 4 inch lifts.
Are they 2" platforms in front, with 2" lifts in the back? If so you really gain only 2.75" at your center of gravity and it's not that noticeable. I can't imagine a pair of shoes that are 4" front to back that isn't totally obvious.

I mean if you are 5'6" you might look like you are 5' 8 3/4". To a girl who is 5'3" this might not really make a difference. To a girl who is 5'6" it might.

Since I am wearing tall shoes all the time I guess it doesn't matter to me, when we have our shoes off it will be the same deal.

Old 05-27-2011, 04:22 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Most men I know don't really KNOW about breast size...unable to judge a D cup from a B cup when confronted with them in real life.

Also, height isn't really important to all women. If you're a shorter guy, it would behoove you to seek out the women who aren't bothered by it (and we're out there, speaking from experience). I would also say that anybody who's going to head for the hills when you tell her that you have a little "help" in that department is also somebody who's going to head for the hills if she finds out without you specifically telling her. In either case, better to know that early on.

Old 05-27-2011, 04:41 PM

2,596 posts, read 5,580,467 times
Quote:
Breast size is not something a care about, so I wouldn't care. Most men I know really don't care about breast size and all prefer real. Men may like to look at large breasts, but at the end of the day most men don't care.

Since height is really important to women, it seems that most women would care a lot if a man lost 4 inches. Hopefully, after a few dates she would have gotten to know him and like him, so height would no be an issue when he took off the shoes.
Height isn't important to all women, any more than breast size is irrelevant to most men. Everyone is allowed to have their preferences. Personally (and this is from someone who dated plenty of shorter guys back in the day, and married one!), I would feel it was a little odd that he was so insecure as to hide his true height with 4 inch elevator shoes.

Yeah, we all fudge a little bit. We put on make-up to cover the pimples, or use that special bra when we want our dress filled out. But in terms of degrees, 4 inches seems like quite a compensation measure, almost to the point of being a fake-out. I would find it more unattractive that he didn't just present his real self from the start. That would be more likely to change my mind than anything else, even if I did initially like him. One cannot understate the attractiveness of a man who is confident in his own skin, whatever that skin may look like. A short guy with great confidence is going to score a lot more attention than a short guy who wears elevator shoes and then tries to *surprise* his date a few weeks later.

Old 05-27-2011, 04:48 PM

946 posts, read 2,917,837 times
If I liked him enough, I wouldn't break up with him, but I would feel unpleasantly surprised. Besides, confidence is sexy and that would tell me a whole lot about his confidence or lack thereof. Height is not important to me- I've met men on the short side but carried themselves in a way that made them seem at least 6 feet tall.

Old 05-27-2011, 04:54 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,921 times
Quote:
As a short than average guy I wear elevator shoes. They give me an extra 4 inches in height. The shoes look like regular shoes and have a heel built into the inside.

So my question is…You meet a guy and he seems really cool. You go out on a date or two and then comes the third date. The third date you decide to go to the beach. At the beach, with no shoes on, you find out he is four inches shorter than you thought he was. What would you do? Would you break up with him? How would you feel?
If some women are dumping guys because they have a small package, used a coupon on a date, don't have a car, live with their parents, is too short, etc. I don't think this would be any different. Yes, a guy can get dumped because of his height or elevating shoes, whatever they are called.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:05 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
I would think its no more shocking that learning what the female you dating looks like without makeup really.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:28 PM

7 posts, read 25,911 times
It depends on the girl. But where did you find 4 inch "elevator shoes" I imagine they would have to actually be 5 or 6 inch shoes, because of gravity as another poster said. If you take into account that regular shoes add an inch or so, than you are really only gain 3 inches with those shoes.. And that's if you have 5-6 inch shoes..

Old 05-27-2011, 11:11 PM

56 posts, read 171,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle006 View Post
It depends on the girl. But where did you find 4 inch "elevator shoes" I imagine they would have to actually be 5 or 6 inch shoes, because of gravity as another poster said. If you take into account that regular shoes add an inch or so, than you are really only gain 3 inches with those shoes.. And that's if you have 5-6 inch shoes..
You can look online for elevator shoes. There are a number of sites now that offer them. I was recently talking to an owner of one of the companies based in the Los Angeles area and asked him how business has been doing during the recession. He said that business has doubled each year over the past three years. These are huge numbers. I asked him why he thought sales were rising so quickly. He said is was because of the American obsession, primarily women, with height. He says that it isn't just about tall height when dating/relationships, but also the corporate world. We had an interesting discussion. He has also noticed more large sizes being sold, which showed him that more average and above average men wanting to be six feet or over. He said it wasn't just short guys wearing the shoes anymore.

I normally wear shoes that give me an extra four inches from my barefoot height. Yes, I have measured. They have five inch shoes, but they are too uncomfortable. I also have some three inch tennis shoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships