U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2011, 08:51 PM

13,493 posts, read 17,487,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckyb221 View Post
As a short than average guy I wear elevator shoes. They give me an extra 4 inches in height. The shoes look like regular shoes and have a heel built into the inside.

So my question is…You meet a guy and he seems really cool. You go out on a date or two and then comes the third date. The third date you decide to go to the beach. At the beach, with no shoes on, you find out he is four inches shorter than you thought he was. What would you do? Would you break up with him? How would you feel?
I think it would be rather a bit of a surprise, not sure if it would be good or bad......but then, when she looses her padded bra, takes off her eyelashes, and forgets to die her hair....I guess it's all relevant.
Rate this post positively

Old 06-11-2011, 04:56 PM

56 posts, read 155,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Nah...I'd feel like the guy had some serious insecurities. Elevator shoes are just ridiculous.
So you are also saying that women who wears makeup are insecure or a woman who dyes her hair is insecure. We seem to have a double standard here.

Old 06-11-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
I've heard of "elevator shoes", but had no idea they could boost you 4 inches. Learn something new every day at CDR!

They make shoes all the way up to 5.5 inches taller. Normally it is a high top boot style that is used so that there is enough room for the heel on the inside. I tried a 5.5" pair and couldn't do it...They hurt way too much. I did wear them to a club once and got a lot of attention from the women. It is amazing how big of a difference a few inches can make in attracting women.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:16 PM

32,542 posts, read 38,739,634 times
Quote:
So you are also saying that women who wears makeup are insecure or a woman who dyes her hair is insecure. We seem to have a double standard here.
Nope. No double standard at all. Elevator shoes are a completely different story. You can't meet anyone and present yourself as what you appear, and then meet them later at the beach and now she's looking over your head to find you...and you expect no reaction? Sorry...you're dreamin'.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:29 PM

25,906 posts, read 39,519,412 times
Quote:
So you would have no problem that he was taller and then you find out he is shorter than you, or at least shorter than you expected because he wears shoes with 4 inch lifts.
I don't think I would, but I admit it would be strange to suddenly see a person at a different height. If we're going to the beach, would he get out of the car and, as we're walking toward the water, I notice and think, "Wait ... what?"

I've dated guys who are shorter than I am, so I'm open to that. I just wouldn't want the awkwardness of noticing he is four inches shorter, not knowing how to say, "Am I losing my mind or did you use to be taller than me" and then just feeling uncomfortable because I know that he knows that I know, but neither of us is saying anything.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:34 PM

25,906 posts, read 39,519,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
My suggestion would be to be up front about it immediately and simply tell her how tall you actually are and explain to her that you just feel better about yourself if you appear taller. That will prevent any embarrassing moments and she will probably appreciate your honesty.
I like this suggestion.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:36 PM

46,336 posts, read 45,529,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I like this suggestion.
That's cause MG is a pimp........

Old 06-11-2011, 11:38 PM

15,084 posts, read 19,004,410 times
Quote:
As a short than average guy I wear elevator shoes. They give me an extra 4 inches in height. The shoes look like regular shoes and have a heel built into the inside.

So my question is…You meet a guy and he seems really cool. You go out on a date or two and then comes the third date. The third date you decide to go to the beach. At the beach, with no shoes on, you find out he is four inches shorter than you thought he was. What would you do? Would you break up with him? How would you feel?
That doesn't seem comfortable - the shoes and the charade.

Old 06-12-2011, 03:19 PM

41,326 posts, read 26,537,837 times
Meh. I think it would bother me. That would be the equivalent of me having hair extensions, tons of makeup, industrial spanx, and a bra that makes me two cups larger.

I believe we should accent ourselves not totally change ourselves, and I admit that's a pretty fine line.

Four inches is a lot to be fudging. I'm thinking it would make a bigger difference is it made you shorter than her without your shoes.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Meh. I think it would bother me. That would be the equivalent of me having hair extensions, tons of makeup, industrial spanx, and a bra that makes me two cups larger.
Since I live in Los Angeles, you just described 90% of the female population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.