U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2011, 08:51 PM

14,788 posts, read 15,420,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
It was not cool!

She had to go because I didn't like my feet being so large!

And all the make up!
I'm sure it wasn't.
What is also not cool, is that everytime I read this thread that aerosmith song starts in my head
Rate this post positively

Old 06-15-2011, 09:07 PM

17,867 posts, read 19,469,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
I'm sure it wasn't.
What is also not cool, is that everytime I read this thread that aerosmith song starts in my head
Love in an elevator!

Old 06-15-2011, 09:38 PM

253 posts, read 526,118 times
I find it funny how we view things differently between genders in this country. A women can paint her face to no end, get plastic surgery, wear clothing that hides and conceals true body form, and also wear heals and pumps in order to appear taller, all without any conviction. Yet if a man......

Old 06-17-2011, 12:22 AM

56 posts, read 155,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underthesun7 View Post
I find it funny how we view things differently between genders in this country. A women can paint her face to no end, get plastic surgery, wear clothing that hides and conceals true body form, and also wear heals and pumps in order to appear taller, all without any conviction. Yet if a man......
Exactly...No one seems to be able to explain this double standard or admit to it. Why aren't women accused of being unconfident when they wear makeup? If a shorter man wears height increasing shoes to improve his looks he is accused of not being confident. But, if a women wears makeup to improve her looks there is no mention of her not being confident.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:17 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,960,023 times
Directed towards the OP..

You are misrepresenting...period and end of story so in my opinion if you get left high and dry with the sand between your toes? You had it coming..

Just the same as a man whom is a "boob" man..a girl whom relies on a push up bra because she does not have enough boobs? The first night when her man sees her without a bra? deserves the same..

HONESTY...does anyone adhere to this anymore? uggg the tom cruise shoes disgust me...

Old 06-17-2011, 08:43 PM
qwy

283 posts, read 460,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underthesun7 View Post
I find it funny how we view things differently between genders in this country. A women can wear clothing that hides and conceals true body form, all without any conviction. Yet if a man......
I've retyped this like 8 times, I agree with both sides and can't really say anything without either side thinking I'm attacking them, so I'll just sit back and watch the conversation for now, but I just wanted to say to me this point about hiding her true body form is a much better counter argument for the 4 inchs than make-up is.

Last edited by qwy; 06-17-2011 at 08:45 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-20-2011, 03:51 PM

56 posts, read 155,113 times
Found it funny that I just saw a commercial on TV for shoe lifts that will give you an extra 3 inches.

Old 02-22-2015, 09:07 AM

1 posts, read 875 times
I'm a guy and rather just be myself- I'm 5ft 11, would like to be 6ft 0, but am not going to do anything about it. There is clearly a double standard: women don't have to look anything like natural and men usually don't mind; men really do have to look natural and most women do mind. Maybe the only way to solve it would be some regulation of what items are allowed, on some health and safety or equal opportunities grounds. Many a man would find the women is far shorter than he expected, even up to six inches these days, but women complain about men taking an inch or two! Maybe it will backfire as men reject women for being too tall at social events - I only think I would think that way if being tall wasn't natural - someone naturally taller = OK, someone who appears taller than the guy but isn't naturally so = facing rejection

Old 02-22-2015, 09:52 AM

4,611 posts, read 4,319,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Possibly, if he was still taller than me.
This is the general reaction you should expect OP. Whether one feels it's hypocritical or not, the truth it, you WILL be judged for this, especially if the shoes make the difference in whether or not you're taller than she is.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:54 AM

9,195 posts, read 6,230,473 times
I wouldn't care... but I would hope that he'd ditch the shoes if the main goal for wearing them was to attract women. Personally, I never wear hells; I'm 4'10 and I own it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.