Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 12:08 AM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times

Advertisements

Well, at least the OP should get to know the guy. The fact that he had the courage to take his platform shoes off in front of her is not a bad thing for the OP, but a risk for him.

All depends on what's more important to the OP, I guess

Old 06-14-2011, 01:33 AM

483 posts, read 1,559,707 times
I think most women would dump that guy once they found out they were duped. Height is too important to most women to ignore just because he has a nice personality or awesome sense of humor.

But I can understand those crying hypocrisy. I've met some women who appeared gorgeous the first 1-2 times I met them. Then on the 3rd date they didn't use makeup or do their hair -- gooooooood god I almost didn't recognize them!!

So always go swimming or hiking with a woman before you commit to her ... you maybe unpleasantly surprised by what you see

Old 06-14-2011, 02:41 AM

48 posts, read 84,094 times
I actually got surprised a few times in reverse. During winter girls are more likely to wear boots than high heels in my neck of the woods. So I ran into a few that looked to be well and truly 5'7 and turned out they were 5 nothing. Not that I mind in the slightest but it did startle me a few instances.

Old 06-14-2011, 04:52 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,877,229 times
I, myself, never had a problem being taller then my date. Being honest upfront is always the best way to go. We all have things we are a bit self-conscious about and might hold back in the first few meetings but honesty always makes things much easier. I once had someone tell me they were 2" taller then me and when we met for the first time I had my 2" dress boots on (we should have been about the same height right?) but I was about a half of head taller... made him uncomfortable when he questioned me..."hey you're taller then you said!!"... hmmm... somehow it was my fault LOL but honesty up front would be my approach... would not have been a deal breaker with me

Old 06-14-2011, 05:16 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,615,810 times
Height is not an issue for me at all. I'm fairly tall. I have dated men shorter than me, or eye-to-eye. My issue would not be his height, or his shoes. My issue would be his self-confidence.

I'm pretty comfortable with myself, but that has come only with time. If I were single, I would be looking for someone who is roughly equally comfortable with himself.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:15 PM

56 posts, read 171,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
I think most women would dump that guy once they found out they were duped. Height is too important to most women to ignore just because he has a nice personality or awesome sense of humor.

But I can understand those crying hypocrisy. I've met some women who appeared gorgeous the first 1-2 times I met them. Then on the 3rd date they didn't use makeup or do their hair -- gooooooood god I almost didn't recognize them!!
This is the double standard I spoke of earlier. Why aren't women accused of being unconfident when they wear makeup? If a shorter man wears height increasing shoes to improve his looks he is accused of not being confident. But, if a women wears makeup to improve her looks there is no mention of her not being confident.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:23 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Maybe due to my height, I've never been overly concerned with height of guys.

if it were someone I was dating I'd let them know they didn't have to wear those shoes around me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post

So always go swimming or hiking with a woman before you commit to her ... you maybe unpleasantly surprised by what you see
wow, you must be dating some women with makeup caked on like clowns.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:32 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Maybe due to my height, I've never been overly concerned with height of guys.

if it were someone I was dating I'd let them know they didn't have to wear those shoes around me.

wow, you must be dating some women with makeup caked on like clowns.
I've dated a few of those.

You want to know why I prefer my women to not wear so much make up?

because I kissed one, and I became a clown!

Old 06-15-2011, 08:36 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I've dated a few of those.

You want to know why I prefer my women to not wear so much make up?

because I kissed one, and I became a clown!

I've heard of that happening...

Old 06-15-2011, 08:41 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post

I've heard of that happening...
It was not cool!

She had to go because I didn't like my feet being so large!

And all the make up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships