Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 06:30 PM

811 posts, read 551,021 times

Advertisements

I had a discussion with a woman the other day, and it came to the topic of many problems in the world and she jokingly said "Men, right?". It got me thinking, is it wrong to believe that men really are the root of the many ills of this world. I am a bit of a male feminist so I'm always on women's side.

Sure, women do bad things, but that's the huge minority.

-When you go out at night, you don't think to yourself "watch out for any scary women. A women could come put a gun to my head and mug me"
-Almost all historical bad events were by, caused by men, whether it be the Holocaust, slavery, genocides, wars, terrorism
Most violent crimes are done by men. Murders, rapes, pedophilia, domestic abuse, robbery, etc.
-I don't think anyone can deny, and this goes to both genders, when you feel in danger, its RARELY because a woman. Its like a parent with two children of 21. They would feel more comfrtable with a son going out to a bar instead of a daughter because date rapes happen to women mostly, by men.
-in the middle east, it is men that stone/assault their daughters,mothers,wives for many things

Overall, can you really blame the women that look so low on men? Women, do you ever wonder what it'd be like to live on a planet with ONLY women, no sexism, no rape, no misogyny?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2011, 06:32 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,902,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
I am a bit of a male feminist so I'm always on women's side.

Old 05-30-2011, 06:32 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
I had a discussion with a woman the other day, and it came to the topic of many problems in the world and she jokingly said "Men, right?". It got me thinking, is it wrong to believe that men really are the root of the many ills of this world. I am a bit of a male feminist so I'm always on women's side.

-When you go out at night, you don't think to yourself "watch out for any scary women. A women could come put a gun to my head and mug me"
-Almost all historical bad events were by, caused by men, whether it be the Holocaust, slavery, genocides, wars, terrorism
Most violent crimes are done by men. Murders, rapes, pedophilia, domestic abuse, robbery, etc.
-I don't think anyone can deny, and this goes to both genders, when you feel in danger, its RARELY because a woman. Its like a parent with two children of 21. They would feel more comfrtable with a son going out to a bar instead of a daughter because date rapes happen to women mostly, by men.
-in the middle east, it is men that stone/assault their daughters,mothers,wives for many things

Overall, can you really blame the women that look so low on men? Women, do you ever wonder what it'd be like to live on a planet with ONLY women, no sexism, no rape, no misogyny?
Just shoot me now if I have to live in a world without men.

Men are some of God's best creations.

Are there some bad men in the world? Sure.

Is it wrong to blame all men for all the troubles in the world? Most definitely.

And male feminist? Please - don't do me any favors as a woman.

Old 05-30-2011, 06:35 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,871,011 times
Quote:
IOverall, can you really blame the women that look so low on men? Women, do you ever wonder what it'd be like to live on a planet with ONLY women, no sexism, no rape, no misogyny?
Yes, I most certainly can blame those women as I have never raped, beaten, molested, or in any way shape or form engaged in anything even close to anything like this.

It's like anything else... disliking a whole group as a macro - especially a group who makes up nearly half the world's population - because of the actions of a few people in that demographic is stupid and foolish.

Look at all the misogyny you see here. It's dumb. Misandry is no less stupid.

You should go read the series of graphic novels called "Y: The Last Man;" in it, all of a sudden, every male in the world drops dead, except for the main character and his pet helper monkey (whom he was training to try to win back his ex). Although it sounds humorous, it actually delves deeply into what would really happen socially if all of a sudden, there were just no men left in the world.

I actually consider myself to be somewhat of a "male feminist" myself - probably in part because I love my mom and my sisters, and wouldn't tolerate anyone telling them that they can't do something, or where their rightful place is in society, or trying to abuse them. I don't like the thought of anyone telling me where my place is in society, and it's just plain not right.

Last edited by 415_s2k; 05-30-2011 at 06:52 PM..

Old 05-30-2011, 06:44 PM

77 posts, read 151,911 times
Wow. All I can say men do these things because they had the opportunity and power to get away with it. It's not that men are evil, people are. Women, put in the same position, would also do bad things. The ability to do harm is independent of gender. Power corrupts.

Old 05-30-2011, 06:46 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,130,647 times
I could reverse almost every one of these, and add a few, but responding more to the troll isn't worth the time.

Old 05-30-2011, 06:51 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,931,186 times
I think you raise good points and as a male, you are very brave to assert these opinions. Feminism is a dirty word now-a-days . . .it's bad enough for women to identify as feminists, but when men do, then they are opening themselves up for ridicule and worse.

In fact, if you asserted these opinions "out-in-the-world," some of those violent males might beat the crap out of you, or worse.

It's funny how people don't want to admit what is so obvious . . . wars, rapes, pillaging, robberies, child molestation, spousal abuse . . . males are the perpetrators, nine times out of ten.

And you are right, no one is afraid to go out at night because some big, bad woman might hurt them . . . but many people won't walk in certain neighborhoods because the males will attack . . . this is not hype, it is the world we live in . . .but most people just shut their eyes to it.

I would like to know how men think about this subject . . . when they see rapists and child abusers and notice they are primarily men, what goes through their minds? It has got to occur to everyone that males can be perpetrators . . . and just what is the thinking around that?

Old 05-30-2011, 06:53 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,392,572 times
I am female and can't stand 80% of women: most (not all) are jealous, catty, competitive and shallow.

I much, much prefer men! Men rule!

Old 05-30-2011, 06:58 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Men are pigs...to bad they own everything!!
Reminds me of the old joke...

Little boy and little girl standing around talking

Little boy pulls down his pants and says "I'm better than you, look what I got!"

Little girl pulls up her dress and says, "yes, but with one of these, I can get all of THOSE I want"

We could go on and on blaming one sex or the other for various and sundry things - it all gets so tiresome

Old 05-30-2011, 07:01 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,183,667 times
Quote:

Give it time, look historically at women's 'position' in society vs man. Come back in 2,000 years (if we even manage to last) and ask the question then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships