Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 11:39 AM

11 posts, read 30,849 times

Advertisements

[url]http://www.rooshv.com/totem-pole-of-race-attractiveness[/url]

So it put Middle Eastern men at number 4 and Indian men at number 9, here is a problem, I am Indian and often get mistaken for Middle Eastern wherever I go, even by Middle Eastern people. One Arabian girl told me I look a lot like her cousin.
Kids in my school can tell I am Indian by my last name but often teachers have commented telling me that I do not look like the "typical Indian".

Is the pole a major incorrect generalization? I have met Indians who get mistaken for other groups and a lot of Southern Europeans I have known have had light features, even blondes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 11:43 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abide32 View Post
The Totem Pole Of Race Attractiveness » Roosh V

So it put Middle Eastern men at number 4 and Indian men at number 9, here is a problem, I am Indian and often get mistaken for Middle Eastern wherever I go, even by Middle Eastern people. One Arabian girl told me I look a lot like her cousin.
Kids in my school can tell I am Indian by my last name but often teachers have commented telling me that I do not look like the "typical Indian".

Is the pole a major incorrect generalization? I have met Indians who get mistaken for other groups and a lot of Southern Europeans I have known have had light features, even blondes.
Yes. Beauty is subjective, and attractiveness is not universal. When you talk about attractiveness you have to ask, attractive to whom? I'm sure the typical Arab girl is not going to be as turned on by a short, stocky redheaded man as the typical Irish lass. Life is too short to worry about this, abide.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:43 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
sigh....you just don't like good solid advice I guess

Because here you are being your own worst enemy!

Old 05-09-2011, 11:47 AM

11 posts, read 30,849 times
Yes here I am being my own worst enemy. I just said the poll did not make sense to me. It said Southern European men had darker features, okay maybe Southern Italians have those dark features but people in the Northern part of the country as well as a good number of Southern Europeans do not have those features at all.

It put Black men near the bottom, where I live and where I have lived, Black men have been desired by a large number of women, even more so than White men.

I am putting too much thought into this, you know, thanks guys for helping me or attempting to do so. I will work on myself, work out, build muscle, and move out of here, see what happens then.

Have a great week and great life everyone.

Old 05-09-2011, 12:09 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,010,730 times
I look at men on an individual basis. There is an Indian guy that rides the same morning train as me. I've never been "into" Indian guys, but this one makes my heart race!

Old 05-09-2011, 12:11 PM

2,596 posts, read 5,581,539 times
Quote:
Yes here I am being my own worst enemy. I just said the poll did not make sense to me. It said Southern European men had darker features, okay maybe Southern Italians have those dark features but people in the Northern part of the country as well as a good number of Southern Europeans do not have those features at all.

It put Black men near the bottom, where I live and where I have lived, Black men have been desired by a large number of women, even more so than White men.
You are spending too much time worrying about things you cannot change. Attractiveness is subjective. What I want may be totally different from what the next girl wants. Everyone has to face rejection while dating and most people have to date several people (at least) before finding one who is a good match for them.

Quit worrying about how you are perceived. No one wants to date someone with a chip on their shoulder. Some guys complain they can't get a girl because they're too short, but guess what? There are short men who get girls all the time. Others complain a pudgy man or an ugly man can't get a girl, but if you look around, some do. Attitude has a lot to do with it. Don't worry about the things you cannot change and the people who weren't going to like you no matter what you did. They are irrelevant. Focus on being an attractive and pleasant person to be around so that when the RIGHT girl comes along she will say:

"Oh, what a nice guy. Hmm..."

NOT:

"Wow, he sure is bitter."

Old 05-09-2011, 12:11 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,868,439 times
It sounds like that article was written by someone who spends a lot of time trying to think up reasons for why he never gets laid...when it's really that he's a jerk.

Don't pay any attention to it. Obviously, different people are attracted to different types for their own reasons. There are no facts in that article at all, just one person's rather small-minded view of the world.

Personally, and I probably have the same outlook on this as many American women, I would definitely prefer an Indian man to a Middle Eastern man. Why? Because we think of India as a sensuous country with a lot of beautiful jewelry and clothes and the Kama Sutra and spices. When we think of the Middle East, we think of deserts and women having to be veiled and have no rights. Also, and this is a generalization I'm sure, lots of girls like to party and Indian men will drink alcohol but Middle Eastern men won't.

I hope I don't sound racist here...but of course trying to explain different stereotypes is a racist thing, but maybe not as much as the original article.

Old 05-09-2011, 12:27 PM

2,596 posts, read 5,581,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
It sounds like that article was written by someone who spends a lot of time trying to think up reasons for why he never gets laid...when it's really that he's a jerk.
Best post of this thread!!

Old 05-09-2011, 01:04 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:

of course it is. the author pulled it out of his ass, and then put his own ethnicity at the top of the list.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:08 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,876,725 times
can you please open a new thread on the same thing every 15 mins?? oh wait..you already did that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships