Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 10:48 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times

Advertisements

What birds in a dream means;

Dream Moods Dream Themes: Birds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 10:52 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,467,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
What birds in a dream means;

Dream Moods Dream Themes: Birds
Wow, it all makes sense now.

Pigeons are supposed to be a desire to return home.

My mom sent me a pigeon, so that means I want to go home to my parents house. And the girl from my dream was a girl I went to high school with, so she reminds me of home.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Wow, it all makes sense now.

Pigeons are supposed to be a desire to return home.

My mom sent me a pigeon, so that means I want to go home to my parents house. And the girl from my dream was a girl I went to high school with, so she reminds me of home.
Bingo!
A dream is a message from yourself to yourself.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:34 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,308,235 times
Lucky that you can easily interpret your dreams. I once had a dream about bird people who were flat (like a sheet of paper) and glided through the air and they perched outside a tree in my old home, then when I opened the sliding door they all tried to come in through the house and bit / scratched my wrists. I was able to keep them out. Maybe I smoked too much crack but that dream guide isn't helping too much.

On lucid dreams - they are fun, esp when you get special powers like kung fu, flight, levitation, or shooting ectoplasma/fireballs from your hands. But once you kind of realize you can control them, it psychs you out and then you kind of lose that control factor. I used to keep a dream log but abandoned it because it would take an hour to actually write everything down for one night and made me late for work each morning.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:50 PM

I have a thread about how I go through phases where sometimes I want a girlfriend and sometimes I don't. Maybe my dream is also a sign that I'm about to enter (or just entered) a phase where I want a girlfriend

Old 06-15-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Lucky that you can easily interpret your dreams. I once had a dream about bird people who were flat (like a sheet of paper) and glided through the air and they perched outside a tree in my old home, then when I opened the sliding door they all tried to come in through the house and bit / scratched my wrists. I was able to keep them out. Maybe I smoked too much crack but that dream guide isn't helping too much.

On lucid dreams - they are fun, esp when you get special powers like kung fu, flight, levitation, or shooting ectoplasma/fireballs from your hands. But once you kind of realize you can control them, it psychs you out and then you kind of lose that control factor. I used to keep a dream log but abandoned it because it would take an hour to actually write everything down for one night and made me late for work each morning.
I've had those sort of dreams since I was a kid.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:54 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Yes. I'm serious. Why would I make that up?

This is not the first time you asked me if I was serious about something. Why do you always ask me if I'm serious? I post the truth.
Unfortunately, I think most who read your threads do believe that you really are very serious. Which often leads to the question, "Are you REALLY serious?" You speak the truth as YOU see it but certainly can't speak for all where truth is concerned.

Quote:
You quoted yourself. And you think it's a bad thing when I quote myself...
Oh dear. I quoted myself since another poster made a good point which I re-addressed after doing a little research. It really doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that one.

Quote:
I'm not much of a reader. Other than reading for school, I don't like to read for fun. And for that matter, I don't always do the reading for school.

The funny thing is I was one of the first to read when I was younger.
That's very sad indeed. But, no worries, there's probably very little chance of anyone describing you as erudite at least in the near future.

Quote:
Maybe my dream is also a sign that I'm about to enter (or just entered) a phase where I want a girlfriend
Child, everyone at every age is capable of change. However, in the last year or so you have expounded at great length on many different threads and in so many repetitively angst-ridden ways that you are very content to be single, that you will remain celibate for life, that you hate children and that marriage is just not for you.

I beg you not to now think of changing your mind based upon one simple dream that has, in the space of less than 48 hours, somehow metamorphosized into some sort of epiphany. The subsequent thread creation is almost too much to contemplate.

Old 06-15-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Oh dear. I quoted myself since another poster made a good point which I re-addressed after doing a little research. It really doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that one.
I realized why you quoted yourself. I realized you had a reason to quote yourself. But when I quote myself, I also have a reason, despite what you apparently think.

Quote:
Child, everyone at every age is capable of change. However, in the last year or so you have expounded at great length on many different threads and in so many repetitively angst-ridden ways that you are very content to be single, that you will remain celibate for life, that you hate children and that marriage is just not for you.

I beg you not to now think of changing your mind based upon one simple dream that has, in the space of less than 48 hours, somehow metamorphosized into some sort of epiphany. The subsequent thread creation is almost too much to contemplate.
Yes, I've said I will remain celibate for life, marriage is not for me, and I hate kids. In those examples, I was speaking permanently.

But when I said I'm content to be single, I was not speaking permanently. You say my position on the matter of being single has been the same for the past year, but that is not true. Last year at this time, I wanted a girlfriend. Then I didn't want a girlfriend in the fall. Then I briefly wanted a girlfriend in the winter, but I realized I don't want to commit to a relationship. So that led to the most recent phase where I wanted to be single.

I acknowledge that my phases of wanting or not wanting a girlfriend are subject to change. And I think the dream might be a sign.

Old 06-15-2011, 03:33 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times
Quote:

Yes, I've said I will remain celibate for life, marriage is not for me, and I hate kids. In those examples, I was speaking permanently.

But when I said I'm content to be single, I was not speaking permanently. You say my position on the matter of being single has been the same for the past year, but that is not true. Last year at this time, I wanted a girlfriend. Then I didn't want a girlfriend in the fall. Then I briefly wanted a girlfriend in the winter, but I realized I don't want to commit to a relationship. So that led to the most recent phase where I wanted to be single.

I acknowledge that my phases of wanting or not wanting a girlfriend are subject to change. And I think the dream might be a sign.

This whole post is enough to make one's head spin around. Are You Kidding Me?! (rhetorical question). First you are all over the map with this and contradict yourself. Secondly, a relationship? With your opening comments up there the chances of finding a mate to meet that criteria will be like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Then, toss your neurotic tendencies and obsessive personality on the fire and watch that fire crackle....marshmellows anyone?

I know I've never seen a donkey wear pajamas, but anything is possible so. I think you really need to take some more time for some very intense reflection on your needs and wants without input from others and really be honest with yourself, maybe enjoy your age and realize life has many twists and turns as you age and you are in a stage of self discovery right now. Out of the house, making some decisions yourself - this is just the first stage.

Old 06-15-2011, 04:06 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,099,131 times
I had a weird dream last night too.

I dreamt I ate a giant marshamllow.

Which is not all that worrisome, I guess, but the thing is, when I woke-up, my pillow was gone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships