Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 10:02 AM

69 posts, read 113,056 times

Advertisements

May God s peace and blessings be upon you !

Hello !

Well I am 20 years old , and I am looking forward to be a very understanding wife !
There are some questions I would like to ask you , Men !
How do you like your wife to deal with you in these different situations and moods :

* When you are back at home from long hours of work .
*when you are angry .
*when you are sad.
when you are happy .
*when you are watching your favourite TV shows .
*when she needs something from you .

Many thanks in advance !

God bless you !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 10:17 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,102,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islam-light View Post

Hello !

Well I am 20 years old , and I am looking forward to be a very understanding wife !
How do you like your wife to deal with you in these different situations and moods :

*when you are angry .
*when you are sad.
when you are happy .

Many thanks in advance !

God bless you !

Your only 20...dont worry about marriage...worry about your education
You have plenty of time to get married.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:19 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,116,665 times
HUH???

Okay I'm not a man...I'm a woman so I guess take this with a grain of salt but why not just act however comes naturally to you? Or read your partners mood and respond accordingly...or ask HIM?

How about "gee honey, I can sense you are angry, is there anything I can do to help?" If he says "no, I just need some time to cool off"...well then there ya go!

If he's worked long hours and you are at home all day and you feel like you want to do something nice...just do it.

My husband calls me periodically from work sometimes, especially if he's having a bad day. Sometimes I just know he'd love a snack and a cold beer when he walks in the door...sometimes I know he'll want other things and then I just tell him "hey dear, there's a spider in our room, can you kill it for me"...and he knows exactly what that means.

There's no need to poll complete strangers on an internet forum to get the answers you are looking for. Just ask your partner!

Old 06-14-2011, 10:20 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,654,847 times
I feel that a relationship between a man and a woman should be considered a relationship of equal partners and that a woman is not obligated to be subservient to a man in any way. If two people really love each other it's important to be able to communicate openly and to realize that they both have needs that their partner should be considerant of. So I guess what I'm really getting at is that I see a relationship as a two way street in which cooperation and mutual respect should be the cornerstone.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:25 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,229,313 times
Treat her in the same manner that you wish to be treated.

If she works hard all day, how will you treat her when you see her?

How will you treat her when she is angry.....sad.....happy?

What will you do when she is watching HER favourite TV show?

Marriage works both ways. It should be as much about her, as it is about YOU.

If you want an understanding wife, then you must expect to be an understanding husband. Otherwise, you are heading for disaster or else you live in a culture that expects the wife to be around only for the benefit of her husband.

She's a real person too, you know!

Old 06-14-2011, 10:48 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,315,805 times
Given your location, there are cultural factors that may make your man more or less receptive to some of the suggestions you may get from people on this forum that have a Western viewpoint.

I think it's really important for you to get to know the man you are marrying and what his perception oand expectations are of his wife. Do this preferably BEFORE you agree to get married, because even the most contemporary of men from the Middle East or North Africa will have some expectations that are rooted in more traditional roles.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:30 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,229,313 times
OOPS! I didn't read the OP carefully. I thought it was a man wanting to know what to expect from a future wife, not the other way around.

True, if her culture is more traditional in certain ways, advice from those of us with a western viewpoint will not be in her best interests.

In fact, many of us would probably rather be single and on our own, than to be wed to a man that expected the woman to be a secondary figure.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:22 PM

31,269 posts, read 22,263,050 times
I'm sure because of your country and your culture, a prediminately US response is not what you really need. I'll give my take on relationships. If you were American, I would say wait another 10 years. Since you are Algerian, it is like 1950s America, so I will give you a 1950s response.

* When you are back at home from long hours of work. Make him dinner, then leave him alone
*when you are angry. Leave him alone
*when you are sad. Leave him alone
*when you are happy . Do something fun with him and make him dinner
*when you are watching your favourite TV shows . Leave him alone
*when she needs something from you . Leave him alone

Last edited by LS Jaun; 06-14-2011 at 12:49 PM..

Old 06-14-2011, 02:08 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,769,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islam-light View Post

Hello !

*when you are angry .
*when you are sad.
when you are happy .

Many thanks in advance !

God bless you !
If you don't know the answers to these questions and have to ask for suggestions on a forum, then you are way too young to even contemplate getting married. Finish your studies and get a bit more worldly because at the present moment you are setting yourself up to be used and abused.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:21 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,309,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I'm sure because of your country and your culture, a prediminately US response is not what you really need. I'll give my take on relationships. If you were American, I would say wait another 10 years. Since you are Algerian, it is like 1950s America, so I will give you a 1950s response.

* When you are back at home from long hours of work. Make him dinner, then leave him alone
*when you are angry. Leave him alone
*when you are sad. Leave him alone
*when you are happy . Do something fun with him and make him dinner
*when you are watching your favourite TV shows . Leave him alone
*when she needs something from you . Leave him alone
Oh, that's pretty much a 2011 response as well. I only can't figure why sex is missing from this picture. It should've been right there next to "dinner" and "fun."

Applauds for honesty! However, if I have to leave somebody alone at all times, I'll REALLY leave him alone - for good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships