Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 02:46 PM

87 posts, read 168,762 times

Advertisements

Emotionally I feel numb. I can't think about being with anyone and loving them the same as I would with my ex. I'm really in the need to want to be sexually active. I feel like I'm going to jump out of my skin. I want to explore my sexual fanasties. Is there anything wrong with that 3 weeks after a break up? I'm a real honest guy and if I meet a girl I'm going to tell her I just want to screw and she's not going to like that. Where do I find a group that's feels the same as I do. I don't want to be attached to somone like I was. The pain is too much. The 3 years I dated someone I was fully commited and I never cheated and after the break up I feel cheated. I'm bitter right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 03:44 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,839,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb1514 View Post
Emotionally I feel numb. I can't think about being with anyone and loving them the same as I would with my ex. I'm really in the need to want to be sexually active. I feel like I'm going to jump out of my skin. I want to explore my sexual fanasties. Is there anything wrong with that 3 weeks after a break up? I'm a real honest guy and if I meet a girl I'm going to tell her I just want to screw and she's not going to like that. Where do I find a group that's feels the same as I do. I don't want to be attached to somone like I was. The pain is too much. The 3 years I dated someone I was fully commited and I never cheated and after the break up I feel cheated. I'm bitter right now.
In the grand scheme of things you got your heart ripped out like 5 minutes ago - so it's too soon to do anything like decide you'll "never love again"

Give yourself some time. Right now you are still experiencing a physical reaction to your emotional pain - this will pass once the adrenalin in your body gets back to normal levels.

What you need to do right now is take good care of yourself.

Lay off the alcohol, forget about sex with other people, eat right, drink lots of water, stay away from caffeine, do something physical (like running or chopping wood) and try to sleep as regularly as you can.

If you follow this regimen you will begin to feel some relief quicker than if you do anything else.

Looking for random people to have sex with won't make the pain go away any quicker, and will most likely just make you feel a lot worse in the long run, don't do it.

Old 06-18-2011, 03:53 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,884,008 times
I agree w/ lovesmountains... walk, run, workout... believe me 11 months ago I was in the same situation/ couldn't sleep, adrenaline going 1,000 miles an hour... I stayed away from the urge to jumpin the sack with the next available male by the way... I called, visited friends and family members real often... they loved it and it helped me talk things out and hear myself answer many of my own questions (sometimes saying something out loud to someone makes you stop and think about it before you do something stupid)... I felt like someone took a box cutter knife, cut a hole in my chest and yanked it out of my chest... I'm over it now... onto the most confusing part of "singleism"... online and face to face dating... wahoo!! LOL

Old 06-18-2011, 04:04 PM

454 posts, read 597,211 times
Quote:
Masturbation works wonders

Old 06-18-2011, 04:26 PM

530 posts, read 781,545 times
Yes, you must heed the suggestion of Loves. Go chop some wood.

Henry Ford once said "Chop your own wood, and it will warm you twice".

And consider the Zen proverb--"Before enlightenment; chop wood, carry water(don't spill any though). After enlightenment; chop wood, carry water".

So, in other words, after you become "enlightened" from all this advice and follow the proper path-keep chopping away! And never spill the water.
Attached Thumbnails
Single after 3 years and I have no desire to do that again-436195-royalty-free-rf-clipart-illustration  

Old 06-18-2011, 05:04 PM

I was going through this for 3 weeks. I was working out doing push ups and sit ups and it didn't do much for me but up until today I jogged around the city and came back and felt great. I've been losing weight and I feel great and it's making me want to hook up and screw. I was latched to having sex with somone for 3 years. I lost my virginity to her. Now I am single I want to jump on something else. :/ Don't get me wrong though I would give a limb up to be back with her. The best thing about me is my loyalty but I have no say in this break up. Other then being depressed 90% of the time, the thought of me being free to explore my sexual fanasties makes me happy. I'm 22!!!! I won't be young forever and I think I should take advantage of this moment. Thanks for the advice guys.

Old 06-18-2011, 05:50 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,116,011 times
Default Single after 3 years and I have no desire to do that again

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
In the grand scheme of things you got your heart ripped out like 5 minutes ago - so it's too soon to do anything like decide you'll "never love again"

Give yourself some time. Right now you are still experiencing a physical reaction to your emotional pain - this will pass once the adrenalin in your body gets back to normal levels.

What you need to do right now is take good care of yourself.

Lay off the alcohol, forget about sex with other people, eat right, drink lots of water, stay away from caffeine, do something physical (like running or chopping wood) and try to sleep as regularly as you can.

If you follow this regimen you will begin to feel some relief quicker than if you do anything else.

Looking for random people to have sex with won't make the pain go away any quicker, and will most likely just make you feel a lot worse in the long run, don't do it.
I couldn't agree more with lovemountains post. 'Jumping the bones' of the first girl that comes along is not going to make you feel any better. Nothing helps you get over a breakup except time, and your own ability to put the good times out of your head. Treat this relationship like an ice cream cone, it was good while it lasted, but when it's over it's gone. I've been where you are, it's not fun. But, you will love again and next time it could be even better than the last time. It was for me. Use your head, look for things you didn't see in your first relationship, to make your next better. It just takes time, you will survive.

Old 06-18-2011, 06:06 PM

Get rid of the good memories? man she was my whole college experience. I can't forget that. I cherish it like gold. We are the best of friends because of it. Theres no love lost it's just we can't be together.

I'll consider it but man I've been living like an old married couple for the last 3 years. I want to party. I want to fulfill my sexual fanasties. Do crazy things. I've always been the hardworking a beer once a week kinda guy. Go to school/work come home and spend time with gf and every now and then we would go to the movies. I excluded myself from everyone else due to the attention on her. I don't have many friends because of it. I want a "girl" friend but I also want a **** buddy. Theres nothing wrong with that at my age. I got nothing but a best friend out of being commited for 3 years. A WASTE. :/

Old 06-18-2011, 06:21 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,884,008 times
Default yes indeed

Quote:
I was going through this for 3 weeks. I was working out doing push ups and sit ups and it didn't do much for me but up until today I jogged around the city and came back and felt great. I've been losing weight and I feel great and it's making me want to hook up and screw. I was latched to having sex with somone for 3 years. I lost my virginity to her. Now I am single I want to jump on something else. :/ Don't get me wrong though I would give a limb up to be back with her. The best thing about me is my loyalty but I have no say in this break up. Other then being depressed 90% of the time, the thought of me being free to explore my sexual fanasties makes me happy. I'm 22!!!! I won't be young forever and I think I should take advantage of this moment. Thanks for the advice guys.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:39 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,313,097 times
So you want to explore your sexual fantasies and if you meet a girl you're going to be honest and tell her you just wanna screw ? there's a huge group of people that think just like you do...down on the corner , just have your wallet ready.....and don't break any hearts.

Last edited by purehuman; 06-18-2011 at 07:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships