Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 06:39 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,997,720 times

Advertisements

The number of past lovers? Or if they have had sex with someone you dislike. And not the type of dislike that the person you would never socialize with. But dislike as in you have met the person and he/she treated you badly that you just can never forgive them. They would be your mortal enemy. And this person that you love so dearly has had sex/relationship with them?

Can you forgive someone if you loved them so much? Is it something controlling or possessive that you would never want them to be with someone before you or after you. You would want them for ever and ever.

Here is the scenario for those of you who may be wondering when was the last time I have gotten laid: You connect with someone the instant you see them in the world. Yet, you don't say a word to each other. The instant was there that you knew this was someone special. But the more you got to know one another. You find out that this person had a sexual relationship with some scum that treated you horribly. Could you be with that person knowing that he/she had them before you?

I just don't think I ever could.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 07:19 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,293,784 times
NEVER ask a lover about past loves...it IS controlling...live for the moments you are together, and don't let the past spoil your future.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:29 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,997,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
NEVER ask a lover about past loves...it IS controlling...live for the moments you are together, and don't let the past spoil your future.
How can that be? When you care someone you want to know everything.....should you never know it? Then what is the point?

Old 06-16-2011, 07:30 PM

346 posts, read 507,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
The number of past lovers? Or if they have had sex with someone you dislike. And not the type of dislike that the person you would never socialize with. But dislike as in you have met the person and he/she treated you badly that you just can never forgive them. They would be your mortal enemy. And this person that you love so dearly has had sex/relationship with them?

Can you forgive someone if you loved them so much? Is it something controlling or possessive that you would never want them to be with someone before you or after you. You would want them for ever and ever.

Here is the scenario for those of you who may be wondering when was the last time I have gotten laid: You connect with someone the instant you see them in the world. Yet, you don't say a word to each other. The instant was there that you knew this was someone special. But the more you got to know one another. You find out that this person had a sexual relationship with some scum that treated you horribly. Could you be with that person knowing that he/she had them before you?

I would be more concerned about their personality, what about them led them to chose to be intimate with people who you know are scum? Does that mean this person is a horrible judge of character or just has no character.

And yes, being obsessed about being with someone who hasn't been around the block says more about your insecurities than it does anything else...a person's past makes them who they are today, which is why I said the first part, what led them to make the choices they have made....

Old 06-16-2011, 07:30 PM

83 posts, read 281,013 times
If someone has had a very high number of partners, it'll come out at some point anyway. There's no need to poke and prod with that sort of thing. It'll come to the surface at some point if that's the case.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:43 PM

454 posts, read 596,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post

Um so the person I'm dating is gay? But if I get where your coming from I wouldn't care about who they had sex with in the past unless it was one of my friends, relatives or someone with an std. Other than that I don't think it really matters.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:22 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,928,945 times
yes it matters. Past behavior is very predictive of future behavior, especially if its recent. Sorry, I would NEVER date someone who has a poor dating history. Dont bother crafting up crazy circumstances, I'm very selective.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:25 PM

1,208 posts, read 1,832,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorhe33 View Post
yes it matters. Past behavior is very predictive of future behavior, especially if its recent. Sorry, I would NEVER date someone who has a poor dating history. Dont bother crafting up crazy circumstances, I'm very selective.
What the hell does "a poor dating history" mean? lol!

Come on...we've all dated losers before that needed to be kicked to the curb...are you really gonna hold that against someone?

I mean...just how many past relationships is somebody allowed to have before you deem them undatable?

Old 06-16-2011, 10:47 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,082,104 times
I would not bring up past sexual history with anyone I was looking to have a relationship with. You cannot undo the opening of Pandora's box. As long as they are STD free and faithful, we're good to go.

On the flip side, I outright refuse to answer the question about how many people I've been with. Nothing good comes from answering that.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:07 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,275,733 times
This again?

Neither my SO nor I know each other's exact "number." It's not something either of us are going to get out a pen and paper and figure out.

That said, no, someone's number or prior history with an idiot or jerk would not dissuade me. In fact, if the previous person was an A-1 beyotch or psycho lunatic, that would make it that much easier for me to look good!

Which reminds me... If my SO's ex is out there reading this, thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships