Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 09:10 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times

Advertisements

CD Friends, it's been some time since posting openly on the forum. I've been quite busy. I haven't had a chance to go through the recent posts to see if it's the same thing, different day / same people and same issues BUT, for those who still say they can't find love. Do not give up. As some of you may know, back in December my b/f of five years broke up with me, no reason given but it had been coming a long time and we had just been too lazy / complacent to do anything about it. Fast forward, I started seeing a guy, someone I had been friends with but hadn't much thought about dating and low and behold, he's just the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Not only was I ready to put myself out there but I was ready to be in a relationship and finally be happy with the person I was with. This man is quite a few years younger but wise beyond his years and so, it works. I have no complaints, like any couple we do have little spats here and there but the majority of the time we are just as happy as can be. We now live with each other and it was without a doubt the best choice I ever made to take a chance and go with my gut on this one..... Just a great guy and better suited for my personality.

I want men and women especially to have faith. If you are happy with yourself and you're ready for love, it will happen. You have to just let nature take its course though, nothing can be rushed and you have to be open minded and realize that you're not perfect. When you're realistic about yourself, your desires and your "man wish list", it's amazing how quickly the right guy comes along. Keep your chin up girls, there are still good men out there who are also looking for love and long term relationships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 09:48 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,649,058 times
I agree with you for the most part. The part that I found interesting was that you said there was no rush. I think many people forget that there's no rush or set age where you have to find that someone. Heck, you don't even have to find anyone at all. Just be happy either way.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:52 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,284 times
I'm am glad for you, godspeed.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:09 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
I'm happy for you, girl!

Don't be such a stranger, though!

Old 05-27-2011, 11:39 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,681 times
Yay for love! Good for you, Andrea!

Old 05-28-2011, 01:30 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Love is a wonderful and mysterious thing. Funny how it can just hit ya. However it would take a lot of woman for me to commit. And I am not willing to settle for "good enough". The one I marry will have a sweet personality, major T&A...major, no substance issues, no lazy issues, no anger issues, faithful and responsible yet wicked and voyeuristic sexually yet into me...only. She will have to have a love of life and not be a drama queen or a demanding princess.

Some guys marry a girl who is hot yet puts up with her cheating and or expecting to be provided for completely just because she is hot and all the guys lust for her....I won't. After the sex is satisfied and you have had her hot stuff enough then you have to contend with her evil s***, no thanks

Some guys marry a girl who isn't really sexually satisfying because she has other wife worthy qualities.....I won't. Yes she is a sweet heart, yes she is a great wife and trustworthy and caring but my eyes and imagination can't help but stray..

I think there is a good chance I'll be a life long bachelor.

Old 05-28-2011, 05:09 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post

I want men and women especially to have faith. If you are happy with yourself and you're ready for love, it will happen. You have to just let nature take its course though, nothing can be rushed and you have to be open minded and realize that you're not perfect. When you're realistic about yourself, your desires and your "man wish list", it's amazing how quickly the right guy comes along. Keep your chin up girls, there are still good men out there who are also looking for love and long term relationships.

Way to go!!!!

Old 05-28-2011, 07:04 AM

79 posts, read 162,505 times
Andrea, that's great! I'm very happy for you, and hope things continue to go well.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:25 AM

1,960 posts, read 4,663,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Love is a wonderful and mysterious thing. Funny how it can just hit ya. However it would take a lot of woman for me to commit. And I am not willing to settle for "good enough". The one I marry will have a sweet personality, major T&A...major, no substance issues, no lazy issues, no anger issues, faithful and responsible yet wicked and voyeuristic sexually yet into me...only. She will have to have a love of life and not be a drama queen or a demanding princess.

Some guys marry a girl who is hot yet puts up with her cheating and or expecting to be provided for completely just because she is hot and all the guys lust for her....I won't. After the sex is satisfied and you have had her hot stuff enough then you have to contend with her evil s***, no thanks

Some guys marry a girl who isn't really sexually satisfying because she has other wife worthy qualities.....I won't. Yes she is a sweet heart, yes she is a great wife and trustworthy and caring but my eyes and imagination can't help but stray..

I think there is a good chance I'll be a life long bachelor.
Don't feel so alone, you're not the only one in that boat. I married the not-so-hot but steady sample...turns out she wasn't even steady, just looking for a material standard just like the trophies. Flaked out as soon as the ink was dry. Your stated mutual exclusivity of qualities seems to be rampant. Hot chicks assert privately they need to be clowned for on the basis of their "valuable" physical traits. Usually what happens is these women become single mothers and then go looking for the provider husband to pay her way and that of her bastard kids, now that she has settled. Which is a euphemism for she's no longer as coveted. I agree with you, PASS.

In my experience there's order of magnitude greater number of decent women that COULD make decent partners, but lack appeal on the looks department, whereas trophies are more rare but are easy to spot by their flippant behavior, more so than their looks. I blame the former on the wave of obesity that's ruining this country's dating stock. Way too many fat people out there. I've gone on two dates from online sources and the one trend item is the false advertisement on the weight department. These women lose the 30lbs they're carrying around, or hell show up looking like the pictures from 5 years ago they're using as bait on these sites, and the dating pool would shrink dramatically for the trophies. There's a lot of cute women out there hidden under disgusting pounds of fat and lazyness. But I digress.

I hear ya, better alone than in for a half-true motivation.

Old 05-28-2011, 11:25 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
CD Friends, it's been some time since posting openly on the forum. I've been quite busy. I haven't had a chance to go through the recent posts to see if it's the same thing, different day / same people and same issues BUT, for those who still say they can't find love. Do not give up. As some of you may know, back in December my b/f of five years broke up with me, no reason given but it had been coming a long time and we had just been too lazy / complacent to do anything about it. Fast forward, I started seeing a guy, someone I had been friends with but hadn't much thought about dating and low and behold, he's just the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Not only was I ready to put myself out there but I was ready to be in a relationship and finally be happy with the person I was with. This man is quite a few years younger but wise beyond his years and so, it works. I have no complaints, like any couple we do have little spats here and there but the majority of the time we are just as happy as can be. We now live with each other and it was without a doubt the best choice I ever made to take a chance and go with my gut on this one..... Just a great guy and better suited for my personality.

There is a lot of wisdom and truth in what you wrote, hopefully some here will learn something

Happy for you that you are in such a good place
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships